Hi! I’m back with two more layouts made from the Citrus Summer collection from Creative Memories. Today I’m doing double duty with a joint post to my blog and also a Border Maker Monday post for Creative Life Scrapbooking on Facebook.
(Creative Life Scrapbooking is a group of 8 Creative Memories advisors from all over the U.S. and Canada who love to use, sell, and share ideas and inspiration for Creative Memories products. We have weekly features – Border Maker Monday and Featured Project Friday, and we have monthly features such as PJ Party Virtual Crops, Blog Hops and Sketch Challenges. We would love to have you Like and Follow us on Facebook!)
A few weeks ago, I spent some time in my craft room playing with the Citrus Summer collection and shared two layouts here on Karyn Crops. Today I’m sharing the last two layouts that I created.
My first layout features a decorative border that I created using a few tools and the Citrus Summer Paper and Embellishments. These embellishments are super cute and feature a ton of beach and summer icons – in fact, you get 2 of each embellishment! And they come in an adorable little box.
To make my border:
- Cut a 12″ x 1-1/5″ strip of White Cardstock;
- Cut a 12″x 2″ strip of the red floral paper in the Citrus Summer Paper;
- Use the Lace Trim Border Punch to punch 2 borders from Navy Cardstock;
- Punch 6 leaves from Leaf Green Cardstock using the Tropical Leaf Punch;
- Assemble and adhere the pieces as shown;
- Add a title using navy stickers;
- Use the 12″ Decorative Trimmer to cut a 12″ x 1/4″ strip from the wavy side of the trimmer, and trim the border to fit before and after your title; and
- Finish the border with fruit and tropical flower Citrus Summer Embellishments adhered with Foam Squares.
To finish your page:
- Cut the center from a sheet of 12″ x 12″ Navy Cardstock;
- Adhere a 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ piece of pink patterned Citrus Summer Paper;
- Mat your photos with Navy Cardstock; and
- Add journaling, embellishments and a word sticker from the Citrus Summer Stickers.
I created a double-page layout by duplicating my background and border. My photos measure 4″ x 6″ and 3″ x 3″.
The focal point of my second layout is a fun treatment of the Citrus Summer Stickers. The stickers contain almost an entire sheet of single words and summer phrases.
To make my first page, I created a large doily by using the Custom Cutting System with the retired Jumbo Circle Pattern to cut a large circle from White Cardstock. I then held the Lace Trim Border Punch upside down and punched around the circle. I tried not to overlap any of my punches.
From Black Cardstock, I used the Lace Trim Border Punch to punch a border and trimmed the border to about 1/4″ x 12″ preserving the line of vertical dots.
I layered the black border and the doily with a 5″ x 12″ strip of the check patterned paper and a 8″ x 12″ piece of the red floral paper to make a 12″ x 12″ background.
I incorporated several of the word stickers into a paragraph that describes my photos. To provide spacing and to help keep my journaling straight, I lightly drew pencil lines that I later erased. I completed the page with a few more stickers and some embellishments.
For my second page, I punched a border from White Cardstock with the Lace Trim Border Punch and a second border from Black Cardstock. I adhered together a 9″ x 12″ piece of the check paper and a 3-3/4″ piece of the red floral paper to create a 12″ x 12″ background and added the two border pieces. My photos are 4″ x 6″ and 4″ x 4″ and matted with Black Cardstock.
You can purchase any of the tools or materials used through my Creative Memories website. Thanks so much for visiting with me today, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!