Hello! Today I’m sharing an older layout of mine that I had originally shared on Facebook with Creative Life Scrapbooking in 2018. It’s been a favorite of many, and I often get asked for the instructions for this layout. I created the layout using the Little Lamb Girl Collection from Creative Memories, but you can substitute with many other collections. It would look great as a rustic layout for horse riding or horse barn photos. It could also be used for Derby Day layouts. At the time, my grand-daugther loved unicorns, and it was perfect for some “unicorn” photos of her.
Warning – You’ll need quite a few Foam Squares to assemble this.
To create my Unicorn Barn Border:
1. Cut a piece of medium wood-toned paper from the Timber Paper Pack to 11-3/4″ x 3-1/2″. Use a ruler to measure from left to right and make a small pencil mark about 1/4″ from the top edge at 1-1/2″, 3-3/4″, 6″, 8-1/4″, and 10-1/2″.
2. Use the old CM Small Square Maker to punch 1″ squares at each pencil mark.
3. Use Foam Squares to adhere the punched out square pieces to the left of each cut-out.
4. Cut a piece of darker wood paper to 12″ x 3-3/4″. Use Foam Squares to adhere the lighter wood border to the darker wood border.
5. Use the Victorian Fence Border Punch to punch a fence from the darker wood paper. Adhere the fence to the bottom of your border using Foam Squares.
6. Use the Unicorn Punch from the Playland Mini Trio Punch Set to punch unicorns from white cardstock. Use black and silver pens to add details to each unicorn. Adhere the unicorns inside of the barn windows. I used Foam Squares to adhere three of my unicorns.
7. Place word stickers from the Little Lamb Girl Stickers under each unicorn to look like name plates.
8. Use Foam Squares to attach a border sticker from the Little Lamb Girl Stickers to the fence. (You could also use the Original Border Maker System with the Sprout Cartridge to punch a vine to adorn the fence.)
9. The rest of my page is completed with another sheet of Timber Paper, paper from the Little Lamb Girl Paper Pack and stickers from the Little Lamb Girl Stickers.