I’ve been playing with the Welcome Gnome Border Punch that I received for FREE as part of the Welcome Gnome Black Friday Bundle from Creative Memories. With a purchase of $150, you can select the Welcome Gnome Bundle that includes the Welcome Gnome Border Punch, Welcome Gnome Paper, Welcome Gnome Stickers, Welcome Gnome Embellishments, and Welcome Gnome Card Kit for FREE!
There are 3 exclusive Black Friday bundles to select from this year, and each is spectacular! All 3 of the Black Friday bundles have a retail value of $63 and contain exclusive items that won’t be available to purchase otherwise. The Black Friday Promo is scheduled to end at noon CT on November 17th, but it’s likely that the bundles will run out before that time. So please place your orders early. I appreciate your purchases through my Creative Memories website link.
I used the Welcome Gnome Border Punch in two unexpected ways for my layouts today. I used my Micro-Tip Scissors to cut apart border pieces to get individual hats. For my first layout, added the hats to owls that I created with the Owl Build-A-Punch. Unfortunately, the Owl Build-A-Punch is sold out with Creative Memories. I also used the Original Border Maker System with the Treeline Border Maker Cartridge, Christmas Cheer Paper, Christmas Cheer Stickers and Christmas Cheer Variety Mats for the layout above.
To create my layout:
1. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip from striped paper. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip from Red Cardstock and adhere to the striped strip. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip from plaid paper and adhere to the border. Adhere the border to a sheet of paper from the Christmas Cheer Paper Pack.
2. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Treeline Border Maker Cartride to punch a border from Avocado Cardstock. Cut off of the cardstock at 3″. Cut the border into 2″ segments and adhere four segments to the border.
3. Use the Owl Build-A-Punch with Beige, White and Black Cardstocks to assemble three owls. Adhere the owls to the border as shown.
4. Use the Welcome Gnome Border Punch to punch a border from Red Cardstock. Use Micro-Tip Scissors to cut off three hats. Tear scraps of White Cardstock and adhere behind the hat pieces trimming to fit. Adhere the hats with Foam Squares to the owls.
5. Cut a 3/4″ x 12″ strip from Red Cardstock and a 1/2″ x 12″ strip from striped paper. Layer and adhere the strips to the right edge of the layout.
6. Cut a 6-1/4″ x 10″ piece from Red Cardstock and adhere to the layout as shown. Cut a 6″ x 1-1/2″ strip from striped paper and adhere to the top of the panel. Cut two 6″ x 4″ photo mats from White Cardstock and adhere to the panel.
7. Cut a 3″ x 1/2″ piece of Avocado Cardstock and adhere with Foam Squares as shown. Add a title sticker.
8. Fussy cut a journaling tag from a Christmas Cheer Variety Mat. Adhere with Foam Squares as shown.
9. Add additional stickers as shown.
My second layout includes another unexpected way to use the Welcome Gnome Border Punch. I cut the hats off a gnome border and took the beard pieces that are punch debris and reassembled the beards and hats to give the suggestion of Santa Claus. Again, I used paper, stickers and variety mat from the Christmas Cheer Collection.
To create my layout:
1. Cut a 1″ hollow frame from a sheet of Dark Green Cardstock. Cut Christmas Cheer Paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere to the hollow frame.
2. Cut an 11-1/2″ x 2-1/4″ strip from Dark Green Cardstock and an 11-1/2″ x 2″ strip from White Cardstock. Layer and adhere the strips together.
3. Cut (9) 7/8″ x 1-5/8″ pieces from Dark Green Cardstock. Cut (5) 3/4″ x 1-1/2″ pieces from a red paper and (4) pieces from a blue paper. Layer and adhere the pieces together.
4. Use the Welcome Gnome Border Punch to punch a border from White Cardstock. Use Micro-Tip Scissors to fussy cut (9) hats.
5. Adhere the hats and beards (that are punch debris) onto the small rectangle pieces as shown.
6. Cut a Christmas Cheer Variety Mat to 2-1/2″ x 4″. Use a Green Dual-Tip Pen to add faux stitching around the mat piece. Mat the piece with a 3″ x 4-1/2″ piece of red plaid paper. Mat with a 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ piece of Dark Green Cardstock. Adhere the piece to the border as shown and adhere the Santa rectangle pieces.
7. Cut a 5-3/4″ x 4-1/4″ and (2) 3-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ photo mats from Dark Green Cardstock. Adhere to the layout as shown using Foam Squares for one of the smaller mats.
8. Cut a 4-7/8″ x 2-1/4″ piece from Dark Green Cardstock. Cut a 4-3/4″ x 2″ piece from White Cardstock and adhere to the green piece. Adhere the layered piece to the layout as shown. Add two rectangle Santa pieces.
9. Add Christmas Cheer Stickers with Foam Squares.
You can purchase the Christmas Cheer Collection and Treeline Border Maker Cartridge through my Creative Memories website link. With a $150 purchase, you can select a FREE Black Friday Bundle! Don’t delay as the bundles are likely to run out before the Black Friday end date of November 17th.