Today I’m sharing a super sweet Easter layout that I created with the lovely Spring Cottage Collection from Creative Memories. This is a beautiful collection that features a mix of feminine and rustic outdoor patterns. I love the combination of the earthy outdoor pieces with the feminine wildflower touches! The Spring Cottage Embellishments are especially pretty with their watercolor designs on embossed paper. Please stay tuned as I will be sharing more Spring Cottage Layouts soon.
This pretty page is ready for Easter photos of my granddaughters. I created the pieced bunny based on a pattern shared in 2005 by Creative Memories. The pen details really add to the sweetness factor! This bunny would also be great on baby scrapbook layouts.
To watch me create the bunny and also an Easter basket, please view my YouTube video. Please also subscribe to my YouTube channel, so that my videos are always easy for you to find.
To create my layout:
1. Cut a 2″ hollow frame from the plaid patterned paper.
2. Cut the blue patterned paper to 10-1/2″ x 10-1/2″, and cut a 1″ hollow frame from it. Adhere the piece to the
bottom right of the plaid paper.
3. Adhere a 10″ x 10″ piece of White Cardstock to the blue frame.
4. To create the bunny, use the Custom Cutting System with the small and medium Circle Patterns and the small and medium Oval Patterns and the Red and Blue Blades. Always cut on the inside edges of the cutting patterns.
Body: Medium Circle, Red Blade
Head: Medium Oval, Red Blade
Ears: Medium Oval, Blue Blade (cut 2)
Feet: Small Oval, Red Blade (cut 2)
Arms: Medium Oval, Blue Blade (cut in half)
Hands: Small Circle, Blue Blade (cut in half)
Inside Ears: Small Oval, Blue Blade (cut 2)
Nose: Small Oval, Blue Blade
5. Assemble bunny, and use Dual-Tip Brown Pen to add pen details.
6. Cut the Spring Cottage Embellishment piece in half and adhere with Foam Squares positioning the bunny in-between
the pieces. Adhere the bunny with Foam Squares also.
7. Add additional embellishments with Foam Squares as shown.
8. My photo mats are 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
9. Add pen detail to the edge of the White Cardstock piece.
You’ll find these tools and materials on my Creative Memories website link. If you would like to see older Easter layouts of mine, please use the Search function on this page to search for “Easter”.
Please check out the new Online Page Classes section of my blog. You’ll find the link at the top of the page. Please also subscribe to my new YouTube Channel to see video demonstrations. Plus don’t forget about my up-coming Virtual National Scrapbook Day Workshop on Saturday, April 17th. Click here to register.
I hope that you and your family have a blessed Easter weekend!