Hello and welcome to our Creative Life Scrapbooking Fall Blog Hop! We’re so glad that you could join us! If you’re not already a follower, please click here to Like and Follow us on Facebook.
I was inspired by the saying “Home is my Happy Place” to create my layout. This saying really speaks to me as it perfectly sums up my current feelings. My husband and I have been “socially distancing” fairly strictly during the pandemic, and we will be alone for Thanksgiving this week. But I have been so grateful for the comfort that our home has provided to us. Although I am lonely at times and miss family and friends and some of our usual activities, I am truly happy to just be home. I hope that you find the same comfort and joy in your home.
I used the lovely Hello, Autumn collection from Creative Memoires to create my layout. This collection consists of traditional autumn colors, patterns and icons mixed with a few fresh and unexpected twists. The designer paper is double-sided, and the backsides contain neutral prints that are great for those of you in climates that don’t experience a fall season. The Hello, Autumn Embellishments are especially beautiful with gold-foiled leaves.
Please note that our Creative Memories Black Friday Promo ends Friday, November 27th at noon CT or while supplies last. With a $150 purchase, you receive $86.50 in FREE exclusive items! Please see my CM website link for more info!
To create my layout:
- From beige plaid paper, cut a 10” x 8” piece and a 10” x 7”.
- From green plaid paper, cut a 12” x 4” strip and a 12” x 2-1/2” strip. With a pencil, make a mark at the tops of the pieces at 6”. Using the Trimmer, make diagonal cuts from the marks to the bottom left and bottom right corners to make triangle pieces for the roofs.
- From wood-grained paper or Rich Brown Cardstock, use the Trimmer with Scallop Blade to cut two 12” x 3/8” strips.
- From wood-grained paper or Rich Brown Cardstock, Cut a 1-3/4” x 2-1/4” piece for the chimney.
- From orange patterned paper, cut three photo mats that measure 6” x 4”, two mats that measure 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” and one mat that measures 3” x 3”. If desired add Lined White Paper or White Cardstock to the smallest mat to make a journaling box.
- From remaining orange paper, use the Custom Cutting System with the smallest Circle Pattern and Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a partial circle to use as a moon.
- Use the Original Border Maker System with the Picket Fence Cartridge to punch a border from wood-grained paper or Rich Brown Cardstock. Cut off of your paper at 2-3/16”. Use Post-It Notes to hold the border piece in the Border Maker and punch the other side of the border. Trim off the bottom points to make a tall fence piece.
- From wood-grained paper or Rich Brown Cardstock, use the Branch Border Punch to punch a border.
- Assemble layout as shown. Cut apart leaf border sticker, layer with pumpkin stickers and adhere with Foam Squares. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch a bird from Black Cardstock.
- Use White Serif, White San Serif and White Script ABC/123 Stickers to add title to the roof.
Thank you so much for visiting with us today! During this season of thanks, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all of you for your continued support of my virtual scrapbooking events and my Creative Memories business and also for your support of Creative Life Scrapbooking. I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving filled with the peace and comforts of home.
Please follow the links below to see more ideas from the rest of the Creative Life Scrapbooking team.
Creative Life Scrapbooking Fall 2020 Blog Hop:
Stop 1: Krista from Scrappin with Krista
Stop 2: Meggan Jacks Scrapbooking
Stop 3: Karyn from Karyn Crops (You are here.)
Stop 4: Diana from D. Brinsley’s Memory Keeping Blog
Stop 5: Tessa from Tessa Scrapbooks
Stop 6: Fran from Celebrating Your Beautiful Life
Stop 7: Noreen from Organized and Creative Mom
Stop 8: Lisa from Lisa’s Workshop
11 thoughts on “Creative Life Scrapbooking Fall Blog Hop – Hello, Autumn Layout”
Pingback: Creative Life Scrapbook Fall Blog Hop - Winter Woods
Pingback: Creative Life Scrapbooking Fall Blog Hop - Organized and Creative Mom
Karyn, I love this layout! I’m going to take a picture of my house , and the squirrels (as soon as it stops raining)!
Thanks, Susan! So glad to hear that I inspired you to celebrate your squirrels! 🙂
What a beautiful home and your layout is gorgeous Karyn!
Love this, Karyn! I would never think to mix stickers from different fonts/packs but I love the look! Will have to give it a try.
Thanks, Lisa! Glad to hear that you’re going to give it a try! I love the look also 🙂
Pingback: Harvest Moon on the Creative Life Scrapbooking Blog Hop – Tessa Scrapbooks
So clever! Love this idea.
Thanks much, Lu! So glad you like it!