Hello and welcome to our Creative Life Scrapbooking 2020 Winter Blog Hop! Eight of our nine members are sharing a variety of scrapbooking layouts and ideas today, and I’m excited to be the first stop on our hop! Just follow the links at the bottom of my post to continue on our 2020 Winter Blog Hop to see more great ideas.
I used the Winterberry Collection from Creative Memories to make some winter layouts to share with you. This collection is full of pale blue and muted purple tones and was perfect for some photos from a winter photo shoot of my son and his family.
My first layout is a double-page spread that is based on a sampler grid pattern. The first page of my layout is hanging in my kitchen on my old Everyday Display Frame, and I enjoy looking at each day. I used the Platinum Shimmer Cardstock as the base of this layout and a variety of punches that Creative Memories released this winter.
To make my layout:
1. Cut twelve 3-1/2″ x 2-1/8″ pieces of Navy Cardstock.
2. Cut twelve 3-1/4″ x 1-7/8″ pieces of Winterberry Paper.
3. Cut four 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″ photo mats from Navy Cardstock.
4. Cut two 2″ x 6-1/4″ pieces of Navy Cardstock.
5. Cut two 1-3/4″ x 6″ pieces of Winterberry Paper (I used the tree print paper.).
6. From Navy Cardstock, use the Pine Cone and Pine Tree Punches to punch 8 pinecones and 8 pine trees.
7. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Crystal Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch 2 borders from Navy Cardstock. Cut apart into four 3-1/4″ pieces.
8. Use the Charming Village Border Punch to punch a border from Navy Cardstock and cut apart into two 1-3/4″ pieces. If you don’t have this punch, you could substitute with the Original Border Maker System with Evergreen Border Maker Cartridge.
9. Assemble onto Platinum Shimmer Cardstock as shown adding Winterberry Stickers with Foam Squares.
For my second layout, I created a frosty scene with the lovely tree print paper, a combination of punches, a laser border piece and the unexpected use of Brown Cardstock – and I’m quite pleased with the result! The Branch Border Punch and the Pine Cone Punch were limited edition punches that were only available through a promo this fall and then later available to purchase for a very short time. If you missed out on these punches, please contact me as I have a few in my personal inventory. I’ve gotten a lot of use out of both of these punches and shared a variety of borders made with them in my December blog posts.
To make my layout:
1. Cut the tree print paper to 11″ x 11″ and adhere onto a hollow frame of 12″ x 12″ Brown Cardstock.
2. Adhere a 12″ x 1-1/4″ strip of blue dot paper to the top of the layout.
3. Use the Branch Border Punch to punch two borders from Brown Cardstock and use the Silver Dual-Tip Pen to add ice to the branch pieces.
4. For the top border, adhere the icicle Laser Cut Border Embellishment to the branch piece and adhere the completed piece to the layout with Foam Squares. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch birds from Crimson Cardstock, cut the birds apart with scissors, and adhere the birds to the branch.
5. From Brown Cardstock, cut two 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″ photo mats.
6. Trim the second branch piece to 9″ and adhere to the bottoms of your photos. Use the Pine Cone Punch to punch pinecones from White and Brown Cardstock. Layer and adhere to the layout with Foam Squares. Add a punched out bird piece.
7. Add title sticker.
My next layout is super sweet but yet easy to assemble and shows off the incredibly beautiful Winterberry Laser Cut Border Embellishments. I also used the Dazzle Border Punch which depending upon how you use it, can give you a sweet, elegant or playful look to your layout.
To make this layout:
1. Cut a 12″ x 3-3/4″ piece of white cardstock, and punch one end with the Dazzle Border Punch. Adhere two Laser Cut Border Embellishments to the top of the border.
2. Cut two 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″ photo mats from the blue dot paper.
3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the large and small hearts from the Gemstone Cutting Patterns to cut hearts from white cardstock and a Winterberry Variety Mat using the Red Blade on the outside edge of each cutting pattern.
4. Using the Songbirds Border Punch, punch birds from light blue paper.
5. Assemble layout as shown adding stickers with Foam Squares.
6. Add blue dots and journaling to the large white heart with a blue pen.
The Winterberry Variety Mats are especially lovely, and I used one on my layout below. On top of the mat, I layered some Winterberry Stickers and songbird punch-outs to create a beautiful focal point.
To make my layout:
1. Cut a 5″ x 12″ piece of the light purple paper and layer on the right side of the botanical print paper.
2. Use the Dazzle Border Punch to punch borders from light purple and light blue papers. Trim to 2-1/2″, layer the pieces, and adhere to the left side of the layout. Add a Winterberry Laser Cut Embellishment piece.
3. Cut photo mats to 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″, and use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch one bird section and adhere with Foam Squares.
4. Add a Winterberry Variety Mat and layer with a photo and photo mat cut with the Custom Cutting System with the smallest Circle Pattern with the Red and Green Blades.
5. From a dark purple variety mat, use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch a bird piece. Trim to 4-1/2″ and adhere with Foam Squares. Add stickers with Foam Squares.
You may purchase the Winterberry Collection and most of the tools that I used on my Creative Memories website. Please note that the Branch Border Punch, the Pine Cone Punch, and the Charming Village Border Punch are retired items. If you would like to purchase a Branch Border Punch or Pine Cone Punch, please send me a message as I have a few in my personal inventory.
Thanks so much for visiting with me today! I hope that I provided a little inspiration for your winter photos. Please follow the links below to continue on our Creative Life Scrapbooking 2020 Winter Blog Hop and enjoy!
Stop 1: Karyn from Karyn Crops (You are here.)
Stop 2: Diana from D. Brinsley’s Memory Keeping Blog
Stop 3: Lisa from Lisa’s Workshop
Stop 4: Noreen from Organized and Creative Mom
Stop 5: Krista from Scrappin with Krista
Stop 6: Meggan from The Printed Project
Stop 7: Tammy from Photos2Albums
Stop 8: Tessa from Tessa Scrapbooks