Normally, I love the change from summer to autumn. I love the cooler days, cozy nights, and the scents of crisp autumn air. And the autumn color palette in shades of orange, gold, green and brown is my favorite. However everything is different this year – in almost every aspect, and I want to hold onto every last bit of summer for as long as I can. But the new product release from Creative Memories offers a bit of excitement for the new season! This is an incredible product release with a beautiful new Hello, Autumn collection and an assortment of new tools!
I was honored and excited to be asked by Creative Memories to produce a preview video of the new items! (Click here to view my preview video.) It was fun getting my hands on the new items early, but so difficult keeping the secret and not sharing anything early! As the new items are now available to purchase, I’m able to start sharing some of my ideas for the new items.
I used the new Apple Recipe Template for my first layout. I predict that this recipe template will be very popular and may sell out early. You can use endless paper combinations to create giant apples in all shades of colors. You can feature one special photo or include more. For my layout, I used orange paper to show how you can use the template to create pumpkin layouts too. I also used the new Apple Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch a border from an orange print Hello, Autumn Variety Mat. The orange color fools the eye into believing that the border is pumpkins instead of apples.
Also notice the very lovely Hello, Autumn Embellishments on this layout. I love the addition of gold foil accents to these embellishments!
To create my layout:
1. Use the Apple Recipe Template to trace the apple/pumpkin shape from Hello, Autumn Paper and cut out with scissors. Use the round tip of a Brown Dual-Tip Pen to add chalking to the edges of your pieces.
2. Use the Apple Recipe Template to trace the photo mat from Hello, Autumn Paper and cut out with scissors. Use the round tip of a Brown Dual-Tip Pen to add chalking to the edges of your pieces.
3. Use the Apple Recipe Template to trace the journaling box piece from a Hello, Autumn Variety Mat. Use the round tip of a Brown Dual-Tip Pen to add chalking to the edges of your pieces.
4. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Apple Chain Border Cartridge to punch a border of apples/pumpkins from a Hello, Autumn Variety Mat.
5. Add Hello, Autumn Embellishments adhering some with Foam Squares.
My second layout features paper from the Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack and two more new tools. The Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack is full of a plaid pattern in an assortment of colors. I used the new Arches Frame Border Punch along with the new Apple Border Maker Cartridge to create a simple layered border for the bottom of my layout. The arch pieces of the border remind me of basket handles, and the sections can be cut apart to create little apple baskets. So my border makes me think of a row of apple baskets filled with apples.
I created my own larger apple embellishments by tracing apple shapes from the new Hello, Autumn Journaling Template. I traced apples, leaves and stems from Hello, Autumn Variety Mats. I love how the variety mats typically contain unique but coordinating prints that are smaller in scale to the prints featured in the paper packs. I finished my layout with a few Hello, Autumn Stickers and Embellishments.
To create my layout:
1. Cut a hollow frame from Crimson Cardstock and adhere a piece of 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper.
2. Cut a 12″ x 2″ strip from Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper.
3. Punch a border from Rich Brown Cardstock using the Arches Frame Border Punch. Adhere the border piece behind your border strip as shown.
4. Cut a 12″ x 1-1/4″ strip from Rich Brown Cardstock. Cut a 12″ x 1″ strip from Beige Cardstock. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Apple Chain Border Cartridge to punch a border from Hello, Autumn Paper. Layer and adhere pieces as shown.
5. Use the Hello, Autumn Journaling Template to trace apple pieces onto Hello, Autumn Variety Mats. Cut out pieces with scissors and chalk the edges using the round tip of a Brown Dual-Tip Pen.
6. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium sized Circle Cutting Pattern and Green Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from Rich Brown Cardstock. Adhere title sticker. Adhere the piece to the layout using Foam Squares, and layer leaves from the Hello, Autumn Embellishments underneath.
7. Add a journaling box from the Hello, Autumn Variety Mats and another title sticker.
8. My photo mats are 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″.
I love the new Hello, Autumn Collection and all of the new tools, and I look forward to creating more layouts with them! You may see and purchase any of these items through my Creative Memories website link.
I’ll be teaching a virtual class on how to use the new Apple Recipe Template on September 22nd. I’ll also be hosting a Virtual Croptoberfest Weekend Retreat on October 23rd-25th. If you’ll be participating in the virtual retreat, you may wish to purchase the Hello, Autumn Decorative Bundle and the new 2020 Croptoberfest Bundle as I’ll be using them for my page classes during the event. Please contact me or join my Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers, for information about these events.
Thanks much for visiting with me today, and I hope to be back soon with more layouts!