Well, it’s better to be late than never! As we start to think about Croptoberfest, I’m finally sharing the four layouts that I created with the 2020 National Scrapbook Day Kit from Creative Memories. I normally hold a large all-day workshop and/or weekend retreat to celebrate National Scrapbook Day, but I had canceled my event for this year due to the pandemic. I held back on sharing these layouts as I held onto the hope of holding an in-person event. But with new infection rates rising in my local area, it’s time to finally share these layouts.
Today I’m sharing the first of my four layouts. Please visit with me next week as I share the other three. I will be making my layouts with the participants of my Virtual Camp Crop-A-Lot Weekend Retreat this weekend (August 7th – 9th). In addition to these layouts, I’ll also be teaching 5 other page classes, sharing some demos, offering challenges, door prizes and products at special prices. I’ve created a private Facebook group for the event and will be teaching and recording the classes via Zoom. The virtual event begins at 5 pm CT today (August 7th). If you would like to join the fun, please pay your $25 registration fee ASAP using my Pay Pal link.
I love to make pretty pages, and the National Scrapbook Day Kit provided some super cute materials to make some really pretty pages! The strawberry motif made me think of picking strawberries in my garden and old-time kitchen scenes with lace curtains, baskets and mason jars. I channeled these images to create my layouts, and I used up almost all of the materials in the kit and the extra embellishments along with some extra sheets of cardstock.
To make my first layout:
1. Cut a 9″ x 9″ piece from the left-center of the black plaid paper. Make sure to leave space on the left edge of the plaid paper. Set the cut-out piece aside to use on another layout. Cut a 10″ x 10″ piece from Scarlet Cardstock and adhere over the cut out space on the plaid paper. Add faux stitching with Dual-Tip Black Pen.
2. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smaller of the Rectangle Cutting Patterns and the Green Blade on the outside edge to cut a rectangle from the green striped paper. I positioned the stripes on the paper to run horizontally. From the gray-wash print paper, freehand cut a small rectangle shape to use as the lid of your mason jar. Use a Dual-Tip Black Pen to draw details on the jar and lid. Don’t adhere the lid yet.
3. From the dark green paper, use the 12″ Decorative Trimmer to cut three narrow 1/4″ flower stems from the swell side of the trimmer. Adhere these to your jar and then adhere the jar lid. Use the old Cherry Blossom Punch to punch three flowers from White Cardstock and add detail with black pen. Adhere the flowers with Foam Squares and add additional stickers as shown.
4. From Black Cardstock, punch a 10″ border using the Dazzle Border Punch. Trim off of your cardstock at 1-1/2″, and adhere to the bottom of the scarlet piece.
5. Add two 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ photo mats cut from Aqua Cardstock.
6. Add additional stickers and embellishments as shown.
You may purchase the tools that I used and also the exclusive National Scrapbook Day Kit through my Creative Memories website link or get one from me personally. If you order online, click on “Shop” and then look for the “Virtual Events” tab. Make sure to purchase the bundle as you’ll receive the extra embellishments that I used. Keep in mind that the kit also contains instructions from Creative Memories to make two layouts. So you many wish to purchase two of the kits in order to create CM’s layouts and also mine.
Please come back and visit with me next week when I share 3 more layouts that I created from the 2020 National Scrapbook Day Kit!
Have a great weekend,
3 thoughts on “2020 National Scrapbook Day Layouts – Part 1”
Gorgeous layout Karyn. You are so creative. Love your style!Have a great weekend.Jaymie
Thanks so much, Jaymie! I really appreciate your comment : ) Hope you have a good weekend too!
Pingback: Winter Woods Scrapbook Layouts | Karyn Crops