Hello! I’m in a rush today to get these layouts shared with you. I made my layouts a few days ago, but I just learned that some of the tools that I used are now in limited quantities with Creative Memories and may sell out quickly. If you like these tools and any of the other items in the Last Chance section of our website, I recommend that you purchase them quickly.
Don’t forget that our FREE PUNCH PROMO is still happening until noon CT on September 29th or while supplies last. (It’s possible that the freebie punches will run out before the end of the promo period. So again, please order early if you’re interested.) With a $125 order, you will receive your choice of either the Gifts Border Punch or the Heart Heart Heart Border Punch for FREE! Your order of $50+ through my website link or from me in person will also qualify you for my own $100 Quarterly Shopping Spree Give-Away! I’ll be drawing my next winner on October 1st.
Although the Apple Chain Border Cartridge was released with our Hello, Autumn Collection this month, it’s also great from summer layouts! The two layouts that I’m sharing today are bright and summery. My first layout would be great for photos from a summer picnic or photos from baking in your kitchen. The red gingham paper is from the S’mores Memory Paper that is in the Last Chance section of our website. I also used the Basketweave Border Punch that is also new to our Last Chance section. The Apple Chain Border Cartridge has been a hot seller and is currently sold out but will be returning to our product line in December.
I had fun making this super sweet layout and used a few of my favorite tools – the Songbirds Border Punch, Dazzle Border Punch, Arch Frame Border Punch and the retired Leaf Trio Punch. I also used the Scallop Blade for the 12″ Trimmer.
To make my layout:
1. Use the Scallop Blade for the 12″ Trimmer and cut one long end of a 12″ x 3/4″ piece of White Cardstock. Adhere strip to the top of your 12″x 12″ Black Cardstock.
2. Cut a 12″ x 2-1/2″ strip from red gingham paper (from S’mores Memory Paper) and adhere to the white strip.
3. Punch one end of a 12″ strip of White Cardstock with the Dazzle Border Punch and cut off of your cardstock at 1-1/2″. Adhere to the bottom of the gingham strip.
4. Use the Arch Frame Border Punch to punch a border from Brown Cardstock. Cut the segments apart as shown. Use the Basketweave Border Punch to punch a border from Rich Brown Cardstock cut into almost 2″ pieces and adhere to your basket shapes with Repositionable Tape.
5. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Apple Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from Scarlet and Leaf Green Cardstock. Cut the tops off of the red border, and adhere the red border to the green border. Use scissors to cut the border apart into 2 apple segments. Put some Repositionable Tape Runner on the bottoms of the apple pieces and tuck them into your basket pieces. Adhere the basket pieces with Foam Squares to the bottom edge of the gingham piece.
6. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch a border from Black Cardstock. Adhere the bird border to the bottoms of your baskets.
7. Use the Leaf Trio Punch to punch leaves from Leaf Green Cardstock and adhere underneath your baskets.
8. Use the Scallop Blade for your 12″ Trimmer to cut a narrow 12″ border and adhere to a 12″ x 1/2″ strip of red gingham paper. Adhere to the bottom of your layout.
9. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Apple Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from Scarlet and Leaf Green Cardstock. Cut the tops off of the red border, and adhere the red border to the green border. Cut the border to 6″ and adhere to the bottom border with Foam Squares.
10. Add faux stitching with a Black Dual-Tip Pen.
My second layout is just as sweet as the first. Although I used a sheet of paper from the Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper for my base, the layout also has a summery feel to it. The Lace Trim Border Punch has been one of my favorites, and it’s now in the Last Chance section of the CM website.
I made my darling apple photo mats with the small heart cutting pattern from the Gemstones Cutting Patterns for the Custom Cutting System. I just used my scissors to create a little dip in the bottoms of the heart pieces to make them look like apples instead. I used the new Hello, Autumn Journal Template to trace the leaf pieces for the tops of the apples, but you could free-hand cut some.
To create my layout:
1. Cut a strip of White Cardstock to 12″ x 3-1/2″. Punch one long end with the Lace Trim Border Punch and the other long end with the Dazzle Border Punch.
2. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Infinity Border Cartridge to punch a border from Scarlet Cardstock. Adhere as shown.
3. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Apple Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from Scarlet and Leaf Green Cardstock. Cut the tops off of the red border, and adhere the red border to the green border. Adhere as shown.
4. Use the Custom Cutting System with the small heart pattern of the Gemstones Cutting Patterns and the Green Blade on the outside edge to cut two heart shapes from Scarlet Cardstock. Use your scissors to cut little dips in the bottoms of the hearts to look like apples. Use the new Hello, Autumn Journal Template to trace the leaf pieces from Leaf Green Cardstock for the tops of the apples.
5. Cut a 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ photo mat from Scarlet Cardstock. Cut ribbon pieces from White Cardstock and add pen dots. Add a title sticker from the Hello, Autumn Stickers.
Creative Memories has the BEST scrapbooking tools on the market, and you can purchase them through my CM website link! I hope that I’ve provided some scrapping inspiration for this incredible combination of CM tools! Have a great weekend!