Happy Spring! It’s my favorite time of the year! However, the spring weather draws me outside and competes with my time to scrapbook! I love working in my garden and watching new things bloom daily. My lilacs – one of my favorites – are in full bloom right now. I also love spring hikes to hunt for the changing blooms of wildflowers. The lovely Spring Cottage collection from Creative Memories is perfect for of all of my spring photos!
The layout above is ready for a photos of my spring garden blooms. I adapted the stick tree layout that I created this past winter and turned it into a spring tree full of visiting songbirds. (Please scroll back through my blog or search for two more versions of this layout using the Merry Blooms and Winter Woods Collections.)
To create my layout:
1. Cut a 1″ hollow frame from Charcoal Cardstock. Trim yellow print paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″, and adhere to the
2. From three different designer print papers, cut the following strips: 6″ x 3/4″, 6″ x 1/2″, 5-1/2″ x 3/4″, 5″ x 3/4″, 4-
1/2″ x 1/2″, 4″ x 1/2″, 2-1/2″ x 1/2″.
3. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch two borders from Charcoal Cardstock and trim to: 6″, 5″ and 3″.
4. Cut a 3/8″ x 9-1/2″ strip from wood patterned paper to use as the trunk of the tree.
5. Adhere strips and border border pieces to the trunk piece.
6. From Charcoal Cardstock, cut two photo mats that measure 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″. From Light Gray
Cardstock, cut two photos mats that measure 4″ x 4″ and 4″ x 6″, and adhere to the charcoal mats.
7. Add Spring Cottage Embellishments and Stickers as shown adhering with Foam Squares.
8. To make the raffia-style bow, please view my YouTube video.
You may have already seen my second layout on the Creative Life Scrapbooking Community Group on Facebook. Please join me and my scrappy friends in that group to see the instructions. Also on Friday, April 30th, the Creative Life Scrapbooking team will be hosting a PJ Party Virtual Crop. To register and for more information, please click here.
Again I used the Spring Cottage Collection for this layout. In the instructions, I demonstrate how to create the fancy layered frame with mitered corners. I also included another raffia-style bow.
You may purchase any of the tools or materials that I used through my Creative Memories website link. Please note that beginning at noon CT on Monday, April 19th, CM will be offering a free punch promotion! It is likely that these punches will run out before the end of the promotion period, so please order early if you’re interested.