Today I’m sharing two layouts that I created with the Maple Leaf Recipe Template from Creative Memories. The recipe templates are so versatile and can be used to create many different patterns and layouts. For my layouts, I selected not to use the diagonal sections around the outside of the template but rather just the center leaf.
For my first layout, I used the Croptoberfest 2022 Project Recipe Kit and 2022 Croptoberfest Mini Pack Embellishments. If you love these materials, please consider joining me for my Virtual Croptoberfest Workshop on October 15th. We’ll be live on Zoom, but the page classes will be recorded, and I’ll provide printable handouts for the 6 exclusive original layouts that I’ve designed for this event. Please click here to register now.
I used the Maple Leaf Recipe Template to trace my large leaves, and I used the Custom Cutting System with Oval Patterns to create my fun acorns. I used the Pure Brown Dual-Tip Pen to ink the edges of all of the paper pieces of this layout.
For detailed instructions and a step-by-step demonstration on how to create the acorns and this layout, please view my video on YouTube.
Please share your version of this layout to my Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers for an entry into my October Door Prize.
I created and shared my second layout with Creative Life Scrapbooking on Facebook. For this layout, I used the Maple Leaf Recipe Template and the new Golden Harvest Collection from Creative Memories. This is a gorgeous fall collection with beautiful, foiled embellishments and fun layered border embellishments. For instructions to create this layout, please see my original post to Creative Life Scrapbooking.
All of the tools and materials that I used are available to purchase through my Creative Memories website link. I appreciate all of your orders and offer a generous Customer Rewards Program.
Today I’m revisiting an old layout that I shared here a few years ago. I’ve created a demonstration video, and I’m using this technique for my monthly Technique Tuesday layout and challenge. I challenge all of you to use this technique to create a layout and share a photo of your layout into my #TechniqueTue 30 Album in Karyn’s Croppers on Facebook.
For this layout, I used the lovely Serene Waters Collection and paired it with Dark Sea Green Cardstock. I used the 12″ Decorative Trimmer to cut my photos and paper pieces and added border pieces that I punched with the Friendly Fish Border Punch. I finished the layout by adding some stickers, embellishments and pen details. All tools and materials are from Creative Memories.
Now is a great time to make a purchase as Creative Memories is offering FREE SHIPPING on orders of $80US until noon CT on September 9th.
To create my layout, you’ll need:
(2) 12″ x 12″ sheets of tonal paper for your background (2) 10-1/4″ x 9-3/4″ pieces of Dark Sea Green Cardstock (2) 1-1/2″ x 6″ pieces of designer paper (2) 1″ x 4″ pieces of designer paper (2) 2-1/2″ x 4″ pieces of designer paper (2) 6″ x 4″ photos (4) 4″ x 6″ photos 12″ Trimmer 12″ Decorative Trimmer Friendly Fish Border Punch Repositionable Tape Runner Foam Squares Dual-Tip Pen
Each month I share a scrapbooking technique on my YouTube channel and challenge all of my Facebook followers to use the technique to create and share a layout. When they add a photo of their layout to the appropriate album in Karyn’s Croppers, they are entered into my monthly Door Prize Drawing! These layouts feature the technique that I’m sharing for August.
I’m calling this a Puzzle Piece Technique as we put the punched pieces back together again to create a striking visual effect. Leaving a gap between the punched pieces creates a new secondary pattern and also creates depth on the layout.
I used the Treeline Border Punch and materials from the Leave Nothing Behind Collection for my first layout. This is a retired punch that Creative Memories brought back for its Tool Time Buffet that is happening August 1-9. When you purchase 3 of 9 designated tools, you will receive a free pack of exclusive embellishments. For this promo, CM brought back two additional retired border punches and also introduced two new border punches and a new border maker cartridge. These items are only available until noon CT on August 9th or while supplies last. They will not be available for purchase otherwise.
For more info about the Tool Time Buffet and to purchase, please visit my Creative Memories website. I appreciate your orders and offer a generous Customer Rewards Program.
For my second layout, I used the Dollop Arch Border Punch which is a current tool in our product line. I also used the super cute What a Zoo Too! collection. I love this collection and highly recommend all of the pieces!
For step-by-step instructions on creating these layouts, please visit my YouTube channel. I would also appreciate your subscription to my channel.
For an entry into my August Door Prize Drawing, please use this technique and share a photo of your layout into the #TechniqueTue 38 Album in Karyn’s Croppers.
Once I started playing with the beautiful It’sFall Y’all Collection from Creative Memories, I couldn’t stop! I created a versatile double-page layout to share during our Creative Life Scrapbook PJ Party and continued to create a few more. If you love my PJ Party Demo Layout that featured the Wheatfield Border Punch, you’ll likely also love the layout below.
Read below for information about Creative Memories 2021 Black Friday Promo and how to get FREE products with a purchase!
After punching my designer paper with the Wheatfield Border Punch, I cut the border apart to create individual stalks of wheat that I gathered together to create a fall sheave. I completed the wheat bundle with a hand-tied raffia-style bow. Please view my video on You Tube for a demo on how to tie the bow. Please note that the Wheatfield Border Punch was a promotional punch offered by Creative Memories earlier this year and is no longer available.
However, Creative Memories is offering three new exclusive punches as part of our 2021Black Friday Promotion! With a purchase of $160, you can select one of three FREE bundles of product that include an exclusive collection of paper, stickers and embellishments, an album and also a unique exclusive punch. Click here for more information about our Black Friday Promotion.
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut a 1-3/4″ “L”-shape from a piece of the plaid designer paper. 2. Place a sheet of the ledger print paper on top of the “L” piece at an angle and adhere. Use the 12″ Trimmer to cut off the excess paper to create a 12″ x 12″ piece. 3. Punch gold designer paper with the Wheatfield Border Punch. Use the 12″ Trimmer to cut in-between the individual wheat stalks. Use the sight guides on the 12″ Trimmer to help you align the paper.
4. Layer and adhere the individual wheat stalks into a sheave. My stalks are 6-1/2″ – 4-3/4″ in height. 5. Cut a 1/8″ strip of Hot Fudge Cardstock, and tie into a raffia-style bow. Attach the bow with a small Foam Square. See my video for a demo on how to tie the bow. 6. Complete the layout with photo mats, embellishments and stickers.
My second layout will be great for some photos that I took while my husband and I took a drive to view the fall color. I really love the color palette of the It’s Fall Y’all Collection! I also love the ledger and grid prints in the It’s Fall Y’all Tone on Tone Paper Pack. They provide a fresh contrast for the designer prints. I used the Five Leaf Punch to create a cascading border of fall colored leaves to accent the layout.
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut 1″ hollow frames from two sheets of Navy Cardstock. 2. Cut two sheets of green leaf paper to 11-3/4″ x 11-1/2″. Attach the leaf paper pieces to the navy frames abutting the right and left edges together to create a double-page. 3. To create the border, cut a 1-3/4″ x 11-1/2″ strip from Navy Cardstock. Cut a 1-1/2″ x 11-1/4″ strip from grid paper. Layer and adhere the pieces. 4. Use the Five Leaf Punch to punch leaves from a variety of designer papers. Working from the bottom of the border, attach the leaves with small Foam Squares under the single leaves. 5. From Navy Cardstock, cut the following pieces: (4) 2-7/8″ x 1-5/8″; (1) 2-7/8″ x 4-1/8″; (1) 6-1/4″ x 1-5/8″; and (1) 2-1/4″ x 4- 1/4″. From grid paper, cut the following pieces: (1) 2-3/4″ x 4″; (1) 6-1/8″ x 1-3/8″; and (1) 2-1/8″ x 4-1/8″. From navy tree paper, cut (4) 2-3/4″ x 1-1/2″. Layer and adhere pieces. 6. Cut 5 photo mats that measure 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″. 7. Arrange pieces on the layout and adhere. 8. Add stickers, embellishments and additional punched leaves as shown using Foam Squares to adhere some.
FREE WITH PURCHASE!
If you like these layouts and would like to create them, you may purchase the It’s Fall Y’all Collection, 12″ Trimmer, Five Leaf Punch, Foam Squares and Navy Cardstock through my Creative Memories website link. If you make a $160 purchase, you can select one of three FREE Black Friday Bundles! Each bundle has a retail value of $86 and contains an exclusive punch with an exclusive product collection. These punches and materials will not be offered for purchase otherwise. Please see below for the available Black Friday Promo Bundles that you can get for FREE with a $160 order.
Happy Spring! It’s my favorite time of the year! However, the spring weather draws me outside and competes with my time to scrapbook! I love working in my garden and watching new things bloom daily. My lilacs – one of my favorites – are in full bloom right now. I also love spring hikes to hunt for the changing blooms of wildflowers. The lovely Spring Cottage collection from Creative Memories is perfect for of all of my spring photos!
The layout above is ready for a photos of my spring garden blooms. I adapted the stick tree layout that I created this past winter and turned it into a spring tree full of visiting songbirds. (Please scroll back through my blog or search for two more versions of this layout using the Merry Blooms and Winter Woods Collections.)
To create my layout:
1. Cut a 1″ hollow frame from Charcoal Cardstock. Trim yellow print paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″, and adhere to the frame. 2. From three different designer print papers, cut the following strips: 6″ x 3/4″, 6″ x 1/2″, 5-1/2″ x 3/4″, 5″ x 3/4″, 4- 1/2″ x 1/2″, 4″ x 1/2″, 2-1/2″ x 1/2″. 3. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch two borders from Charcoal Cardstock and trim to: 6″, 5″ and 3″. 4. Cut a 3/8″ x 9-1/2″ strip from wood patterned paper to use as the trunk of the tree. 5. Adhere strips and border border pieces to the trunk piece. 6. From Charcoal Cardstock, cut two photo mats that measure 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″. From Light Gray Cardstock, cut two photos mats that measure 4″ x 4″ and 4″ x 6″, and adhere to the charcoal mats. 7. Add Spring Cottage Embellishments and Stickers as shown adhering with Foam Squares. 8. To make the raffia-style bow, please view my YouTube video.
Again I used the Spring Cottage Collection for this layout. In the instructions, I demonstrate how to create the fancy layered frame with mitered corners. I also included another raffia-style bow.
You may purchase any of the tools or materials that I used through my Creative Memories website link. Please note that beginning at noon CT on Monday, April 19th, CM will be offering a free punch promotion! It is likely that these punches will run out before the end of the promotion period, so please order early if you’re interested.
Wow! This month has flown by, and I just realized that I hadn’t yet posted this month. I took a little break from scrapbooking and my business during the holidays and then spent some time organizing at the beginning of the year. Below is a layout that I created a week or two ago and shared on Facebook with Creative Life Scrapbooking. If you would like to see a second example of this layout, please join the Creative Life Scrapbooking Community. We share weekly ideas on Mondays and Fridays and host specialty events.
For my layout, I used the very lovely Winter Woods collection from Creative Memories. I absolutely love this collection and wish that I had more photos to use with it. I especially look forward to using the beautiful Winter Woods Laser Border Embellishments. I also use the new Dotted Leaf Circle Punch to create a giant snowflake photo frame for the center of my layout. I’m finding this punch to be very versatile, and it’s currently one of my favorite tools. You can use this technique with any of our circle punches. If you don’t have a circle punch, just use the Custom Cutting System with the Circle Patterns. Please see the instructions below for other substitution suggestions.
To Make My Layout:
1. Cut designer paper to 11” x 11-1/4” 2. Cut two 4” x 4” photo mats from Rich Brown Cardstock, and arrange on the lower left of the designer paper. 3. Center the largest Circle Pattern from the Custom Cutting System above the two photo mats leaving enough of an edge to cut around. Use the Blue Blade on the outside edge to cut-out a circle. 4. Use the 12” Trimmer to cut the designer paper vertically from the center of the cut-out circle. 5. Adhere the two pieces of designer paper to a sheet of Rich Brown Cardstock. Position the pieces 3/8” from the outside edges and ¼” from each other. 6. Use the Dotted Leaf Circle Punch to punch a circle from a 6” x 6” piece of White Cardstock. You may also use the Floral Circle Punch or the Ornate Arches Circle Punch. Substitution Idea 1: If you don’t have a circle punch, you may use the Custom Cutting System with the largest Circle Pattern and Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a circle instead. Substitution Idea 2: You may also use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Pattern and Blue Blade on the outside edge to cut a circle from White Cardstock. Use the Baroque Border Punch to punch around the white circle. 7. From the cut-out circle of designer paper, use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Pattern and Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a circle. 8. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smallest Circle Pattern and Green Blade on the outside edge to cut a circle from Rich Brown Cardstock. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smallest Circle Pattern and Red Blade on the outside edge to cut your photo. Adhere to the brown circle. 9. Assemble layout as shown.
If you enjoy virtual crops, you may wish to join me and my scrappy friends at Creative Life Scrapbooking for our January PJ Party virtual crop on Friday, January 29th. This is the beginning of our 6th year of hosting virtual crops, and we’re excited to incorporate a Zoom component to this event! During the PJ Party, we’ll be sharing 8 exclusive double-page layouts with printable handouts and live instructions on Zoom. The sessions will be recorded, so you’ll be able to access the materials later if you’re not able to crop along on the 29th. Please see our registration form for more info.
On February 19-21, I’m hosting my own Virtual Weekend Scrapbooking Retreat. As “The World Awaits” for the pandemic to end and get back to “normal”, grab your passport for fun and join my Virtual Scrapbooking Weekend Retreat! We’ll have fun with a travel themed retreat as we daydream and plan the first trips that we’ll take after the pandemic ends. The virtual retreat will feature live page classes and Scrap & Chat sessions on Zoom, video demos, product sales of discontinued and discounted CM items, challenges, door prizes, and a few fun games. All page classes will be recorded and include instructional handouts.
I will be using the new Boho Escape Collection from Creative Memories for my sample layouts that I share during our page classes. I will use this collection to create some general/everyday layouts and also some vacation layouts. If you would like to also use this collection, please order the Boho Escape Decorative Bundle through my Creative Memorieswebsite link. You may use other materials if you like.
There is a $25 fee to participate. Please pay using my Pay Pal link, or please contact me to mail a check. To Register To Pay
Thanks so much for visiting with me, and I’ll be back soon with more new layouts!
I LOVE the first snowfall of the year! We typically don’t get much snow at our home, so we’re always excited when it falls. We live in a wooded area, and the trees in our yard are so beautiful with a dusting of snow. The snow usually doesn’t last long, so we need to be quick with the camera. The very beautiful Winter Woods Collection from Creative Memories is perfect for creating lovely winter layouts! I love the woodsy theme and the soft shades of green, brown and white. The Winter Woods Stickers, Laser Cut Borders and Foiled Embellishments are absolutely gorgeous with winter greenery, woodland creatures with touches of gold foil. You can see and purchase the Winter Woods Collection through my Creative Memorieswebsite link.
For my first layout, I created a mason jar snow globe to use as a decorative embellishment piece. I used a Winter Woods Variety Mat for the center of my snow globe and a Winter Woods Laser Cut Border for the title across the top of my layout. If you like my mason jar snow globe, you might also like the mason jar layout that I created for National Scrapbook Day this year. Please see my post from August 7th for that layout.
To Create My Layout: 1. Cut a hollow frame from a sheet of Brown Cardstock for the background. 2. Cut a sheet of Winter Woods Paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere to the background. 3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smaller of the Rectangle Cutting Patterns and Green Blade on the outside edge to cut a rectangle from White Shimmer Cardstock. Use the same pattern and the Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a Winter Woods Variety Mat. Outline the variety mat piece using a Brown Dual-Tip Pen. 4. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smaller of the Rectangle Cutting Patterns and Red Blade on the outside edge to cut two partial rectangles from White Shimmer Cardstock. Tear the tops of the cardstock pieces to create snowdrifts for the inside of your snow globe. 5. To create the lid, cut a 2-1/2″ x 1″ rectangle from Platinum Shimmer Cardstock. Use your scissors to slightly round the corners. Draw lines with a Brown Dual-Tip Pen. 6. Create a raffia bow by wrapping a very thin 1/16” strip of Brown Cardstock around two of your fingers to make loops. Using another thin strip of paper, carefully tie a knot in the center. Pull as tight as you can without tearing your paper. You will have better results with thinner paper. Adhere the bow with a Foam Square. Add Winter Woods Foil Embellishments to the snow globe. 7. Tie thin 1/16″ strips of Brown Cardstock through the holes in the Laser Cut Border title piece and adhere to the page. 8. From Brown Cardstock, cut 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ photo mats. 9. Cut a Winter Woods Variety Mat to use as a small journaling box.
My second layout is a new version of a simple tree layout that I shared earlier this week with Creative Life Scrapbooking on Facebook. My first version was a Christmas tree in bright colors. I loved the layout so much that I wanted to recreate it as a woodland tree. This is a quick and fun layout, and you can use a variety of different papers, Border Punches, and Border Maker Cartridges for different effects. You can also use stickers for some of your strips!
To Create My Layout: 1. Cut a hollow frame from a sheet of Brown Cardstock. 2. Cut a sheet of Winter Woods Paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere to the frame. 3. Cut a 3/8” x 10-1/2” strip from Brown Cardstock to use as the tree trunk. 4. Cut strips from a variety of designer paper in varying widths and heights. My strips from top down are: 2-1/2” x ½”; 3-1/2” x ½”; 4-1/4” x 6/8”; 5” x ½”; 5-1/2” x 6/8”; and 6” x ½”. 5. Punch borders using Border Punches and the Original Border Maker System with a variety of Border Maker Cartridges. My borders are: Songbirds Border Punch 3-1/2”; old Winter Vine Border Punch 5-1/2; and old Winter Vine Border Punch 6”. 6. Punch and add a star with a Foam Square. 7. Wrap a very thin 1/16” strip of cardstock, around two of your fingers to make loops. Using another thin strip of paper, carefully tie a knot in the center. Pull as tight as you can without tearing your paper. You will have better results with thinner paper. Adhere the bow with a Foam Square. 8. My photo mats are 4-1/4” x 6-1/4” and 4-1/4” x 4-1/4”.
You may purchase the Winter Woods Collection, the Custom Cutting System and Patterns, and the Songbirds Border Punch through my Creative Memorieswebsite link.
I hope that you’re able to experience a beautiful snowfall this winter! Thanks much for visiting with me today!
Hello! Thanks so much for blog hopping with the Creative Life Scrapbooking team! We love sharing scrapbooking ideas and inspiration and are so glad that you could join us! To see weekly ideas, please LIKE and FOLLOW us on Facebook.
Today I’m featuring a few more scrapbook layouts that I created with the Vitamin Sea Collection from Creative Memories. This collection is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for beach and tropical photos! I love the shades of blue and green and the lovely addition of coral. Please see my post from July 31st for two more layouts that I created with the Vitamin Sea Collection.
My first layout features the fun Palm Trees Border Punch that was a promotional item from earlier this summer. If you missed out on this promotion, please join my Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers to see info about CM products, specials and my in-person and virtual events. If you’re not on Facebook, please contact me with your email address, and I’m glad to add you to my email list to receive info.
If you don’t have the Palm Trees Border Punch, you can substitute the Sea Shells Border Punch or the Scallop Border Punch . For this layout, I created a frame that draws you into the sand to my perfect spot on the beach. The strips of the botanical print paper and the row of palm trees gives the illusion of being surrounded by a tropical forest afloat in a turquoise sea. Navy Cardstock was a great compliment to this layout and the dark palm trees in my photos.
To make my layout:
1. Cut two pieces of sand paper to 10″ x 9″. Adhere to background paper as shown.
2. Cut strips of the botanical print paper to 11″ x 3/4″ and 3/4″ x 10″. Cut strips of Navy Cardstock to 11″ x 1″ and 1″ x 10″. Layer and adhere the pieces to frame the sand pieces.
3. Using the Palm Trees Border Punch (or Sea Shells Border Punch or Scallop Border Punch) to punch two 11″ borders from Navy Cardstock. Adhere at the tops of the pages as shown.
4. Cut two pieces of Navy Cardstock to 8-1/2″ x 6-1/4″, and mat photos.
5. Use the Custom Cutting System with the Circle Patterns to cut circle pieces from Navy Cardstock, a Vitamin Sea Sticker and the botanical print paper. Add to the top corners to cover your edges.
6. Add Vitamin Sea Embellishments with Foam Squares, and add Vitamin Sea Stickers as shown.
My second layout mimics the look of a tiki hut to highlight some photos of a tropical lunch spot. With a few snips of the scissors, this layout was quick and easy to complete using the beautiful Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishments.
To make my layout:
Cut two 1/2″ x 10″ strips of rattan print paper and adhere to the sides of the layout as shown.
Cut a strip of the rattan print paper to 12″ x 2-1/4″. Use scissors to snip the bottom end into small vertical strips. Use Foam Squares to adhere 1″ from the top of the green paper background.
Adhere the tropical leaves Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment on the top edge of the rattan border. Use Foam Squares to add the tropical flowers Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment on top of the existing border as shown. Add gemstone/rhinestone embellishments from the Vitamin Sea Embellishments to the flower border.
Cut a Vitamin Sea Variety Mat to add as a journaling box.
My photos are 6″x 4″ and 4″ x 6″.
The borders in the Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment pack are especially lovely, but you only receive one of each border piece per pack. So if you would like to create borders to run along a double-page layout, you would need to purchase two of the border embellishment packs. With this layout, I show you a way to create a double page layout by using two different border embellishment pieces. One border runs horizontally across the top of the first page, and another border runs vertically down the side of the second page. I also used two different sheets of paper as my backgrounds and different papers for my two borders. But since all of the papers in the Vitamin Sea Paper and Vitamin Sea Tone-on-Tone Papers coordinate, you can easily mix and match like this.
To create my layout:
Cut a 12″ x 2″ strip for the top border. Cut and adhere a 12″ x 1-1/4″ strip below it, and adhere a Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment piece.
Cut a Vitamin Sea Variety Mat to make a title piece and mat it with Dark Sea Green Cardstock.
For the border on the second page, cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip and adhere to the left edge. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip and adhere next to the first strip. Cut a 1-1/8″ x 12″ strip and mat with a 1-1/4″ x 12″ strip of Dark Sea Green Cardstock. Add a Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment.
Finish your layout with photos, small journaling boxes to fit, and Vitamin Sea Stickers and Embellishments.
As I love it so much, I’ll be purchasing a second set of the Vitamin Sea materials! If you love it too, I would appreciate any purchases that you make using my Creative Memorieswebsite link! While on the website, make sure to check out the very lovely Vitamin Sea Embossed Album Cover and Vitamin Sea Fast2Fab Pages!
Please continue on our Creative Life Scrapbooking 2020 Summer Blog Hop, and visit Diana’s blog next. Thanks so much for visiting with me!
Hello! Today I’m sharing a double-page layout that I created with the Genuine Paper and Stickers from Creative Memories. I originally shared this idea at our Creative Life Scrapbooking PJ Party (virtual crop) last week. This new collection is great for your masculine and outdoor photos. It features shades of green and blue but also has pops of ivory, burnt orange and poppy red. The paper consists of small neutral prints along with plaid, stripes, houndstooth, and wood-grain prints.
The tools that I used mimic the forest background of my photos and really brought my layout to life. CM’s new Timeless Tweed Border Maker Cartridge is obviously great for masculine layouts and coordinates nicely with the Genuine Collection, but I also envision using it for playful layouts featuring my grandchildren. I also used my current favorite CM tool – the Pine Tree Punch. This punch sold out quickly when it was first introduced in October and is now back in stock. This is a must-have punch for outdoor and Christmas layouts. Please order it sooner than later as it will likely sell out again.
I designed my layout to conserve paper, so the backgrounds consist of strips of the green print paper and the wood-grained paper that have been taped together to create 12″ x 12″ sheets.
1. Cut 2 pieces of the light green paper to 12” x 9”.
2. Cut 2 pieces of the wood-grained paper to 12” x 3” and two more pieces to 12” x 1-1/5”.
3. Adhere the wood-grained pieces onto the light green pieces making two 12” x 12” pages for your backgrounds. Use your cutting mat to help you line-up the strips making sure that they’re straight and also that your finished piece measures 12″ x 12″. See photo below.
4. From brown cardstock, use the Original Border Maker with the Timeless Tweed Border Maker Cartridge to punch 4 borders and adhere as shown using the Repositional Tape Refill.
5. From the dark slate paper, use the Pine Tree Punch to punch 16 trees and adhere across the tops of your two pages. Use CM’s Repositionable Tape to help you get your trees in a straight line.
6. Cut a piece of dark green paper to 8-1/2” x 6-1/2” and adhere to your first page.
7. Cut 2 pieces of dark green paper to 12” x ¾” and adhere behind the tops and bottoms of photos on your second page.
8. Add a journaling box, Pine Cone punch-outs, and stickers as desired.
Thanks much for visiting with me today, and please let me know if you have any questions. You may purchase the tools and materials that I used on my Creative Memories website. (Remember to include the Pine Tree Punch in your order.)
I’ll be back at the end of the month with some winter layouts for our Creative Life Scrapbooking Winter Blog Hop. See you then!
Hello! Today I’m sharing a series of scrapbook borders that I created as a display at my recent Holiday Open House. I always say that Creative Memories has the best paper crafting tools on the market, and I believe that these borders are excellent proof. The one tool that I used in all of these borders was our new rotary 12″ Trimmer. In my over 20 years of scrapbooking, this trimmer is the best that I’ve seen. It is larger and more sturdy than most and has some handy and unique features. If you haven’t seen it yet, click here to view a video demonstration.
The borders below offer combinations of some of my more recent favorite stand alone and border punches.
1. Cut a 12″ x 3-3/4″ strip from White Cardstock and punch both sides with the Lace Trim Border Punch.
2. Cut a 12″ x 3″ strip from Dark Green Cardstock.
3. Cut a 12″ x 3″ strip from White Cardstock and punch both ends with the Petal Frame Punch. Cut a 12″ x 3″ strip from Bronze Shimmer Cardstock and punch both ends with the Petal Frame Punch. Layer the pieces.
4. Punch a row of birds from Crimson Cardstock using the Songbirds Border Punch.
5. Cut a 12″ x 1/4″ strip from Brown Cardstock and layer over the birds.
6. From White and Brown Cardstock, use the Pine Cone Punch to punch pine cones and layer.
7. Use the Winter Vine Punch to punch a border from Dark Green Cardstock and cut apart with scissors.
8. Adhere the pieces as shown.
1. Cut a 12″ x 3″ strip from Red Cardstock.
2. Cut 12″ x 3-1/4″ strip from White Cardstock.
3. From Brown Cardstock, use the Branch Border Punch to punch a border.
4. From Dark Green Cardstock, use the Winter Vine Border Punch to punch a border and cut apart with scissors.
5. From Bronze Shimmer and Brown Cardstock, use the Pine Cone Punch to punch pine cones and layer.
6. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch a bird from Red Cardstock.
7. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Bubble Border Cartridge to punch dots from Red Cardstock.
8. Assemble pieces as shown using a Foam Square to attach the bird.
1. Cut a 12″ x 2-1/2″ strip from Dark Green Cardstock.
2. Cut a 12″ x 2-1/4″ strip from Bronze Shimmer Cardstock.
3. From White and Brown Cardstock, use the Branch Border Punch to punch two branch pieces and layer.
4. From Dark Green Cardstock, use the Winter Vine Border Punch to punch a border and cut apart with scissors.
5. From Brown and Bronze Shimmer Cardstock, use the Pine Cone Punch to punch pine cones. Layer and cut into bird nest shapes.
6. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch birds from White, Gray, Red and Black Cardstock. Cut apart the bird pieces and assemble as shown.
7. Assemble border as shown.
1. Use the new 3 in 1 Scallop Tag Punch to punch 2-1/2″ x 4″ tags.
2. Arrange a variety of pieces punched with the Branch Border Punch, Pine Cone Punch, and Songbirds Border Punch onto the tags.
3. The pine needles are the relief pieces punched with the Original Border Maker System and Simple Leaf Border Cartridge.
You may purchase the cardstock, 12″ Trimmer and most of the punches used on my Creative Memories website. For my customers in the Champaign/Urbana area, I have a limited number of Branch Border and Pine Cone Punches available for purchase.
Thanks much for visiting with me today, and check back as I’ll be sharing more border ideas soon.