Today I’m sharing a fun technique for our Creative Memories Border Maker System. For my examples I paired the Original Border Maker System with the Flourish Vine and Sandcastles Border Maker Cartridges. Instead of punching in a straight line, I punched around two different sized squares. I love when we can use our tools in multiple ways to get more utility from them!
For my first example, I used paper and stickers from our new Sunrays for Days Collection and the Sandcastles Border Maker Cartridge to create a fun layout with decorative corner pieces. Sunrays for Days is a fun and bright collection that is great for photos of all of our summer activities!
Please view my YouTube Video for a demonstration of how to create the border pieces.
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut (2) 4″ x 4″ squares from the tan print paper.
2. Center the squares in the housing unit of the Original Border Maker System with the Sandcastles Border Maker Cartridge and punch all four sides of each square. (You will not use the tray of the Original Border Maker System.) Please see my YouTube video for a demonstration.
3. Use the 12-Inch Trimmer to cut the squares in half on the diagonal. Adhere the triangle pieces into the corners of the blue paper.
4. Cut a hollow frame from a piece of 9-3/4″ x 9-3/4″ yellow paper.
5. Cut flip flop paper to 9-1/2″ x 9-1/2″ and adhere to the yellow frame. Adhere the piece to the center of the layout.
6. Crop and mat photos with White Cardstock. Add to layout.
7. Fussy cut and add a journaling piece from a Sunrays for Days Variety Mat and embellish with Sunrays for Days Stickers adhered with Foam Squares.
For my second layout, I used the Flourish Vine Border Maker Cartridge and used the same technique but created a decorative border from the triangle pieces. I started with 4″ squares cut in half on the diagonal. To get the smaller end pieces, I cut one of the triangles in half a second time. I also added a traditional border punched with the Original Border Maker System and Flourish Vine Border Maker Cartridge. After punching the border, cut it off of the paper at 1-1/2″ and add a 12″ x 1/4″ strip cut from Charcoal Cardstock. For this layout, I used the Our Moments Paper, Embellishments and Stickers.
For a demonstration, please see my YouTube video. While you’re on YouTube, please subscribe to may channel.
I originally created my third layout for Creative Life Scrapbooking. I used the same technique but started with smaller squares that measured 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″. I punched all four sides of the squares but did not cut them in half. I used the Our Moments Paper, Tone-on-Tone Paper, Stickers and Embellishments for my layout. For step-by-step instructions, please see Creative Life Scrapbooking.
I hope that you give this technique a try! Please take a photo of your layout and share it into my #TechniqueTue 36 Album in Karyn’s Croppers on Facebook for an entry into my June Door Prize Drawing! I would love to see your versions of these layouts!
You may purchase all of the tools and materials that I used through my Creative Memories website link. I appreciate all of your orders and offer a generous Customer Rewards Program.