Happy 4th of July weekend! I hope that you have something fun planned to celebrate with friends and family. I created two layouts from combinations of new and old Creative Memories products that will be perfect for some of your photos!
My first layout will be great for photos of fireworks! I used the newer Sunny Days Journal Template to draw my lines and the older Firecracker Punch with some designer paper from the United We Stand Collection. The stars are punch-outs from the retired Star Border Maker Cartridge, but you can substitute any small star punch that you might own. This layout has a bit a sparkle provided by the Platinum Shimmer Cardstock, but it’s hard to see in my photographs.
To create my layout:
1. Cut out the center of a sheet of Platinum Shimmer Cardstock to create a hollow frame to conserve cardstock. Cut a piece of Navy Cardstock to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″, and adhere to the hollow Platinum Shimmer Cardstock frame. 2. Use the Sunny Days Journal Template and the Silver Metallic Dual-Tip Pen to draw alternating solid and dashed lines on the top half of the layout. 3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Pattern and Blue Blade on the outside edge to cut a circle from Platinum Shimmer Cardstock. Adhere to the center of the layout. 4. Cut three photo mats from Cranberry Cardstock that measure 3-3/4″ x 5-1/2″, and adhere as shown. 5. Use the Firecracker Punch to punch firecrackers from United We Stand Designer Paper. Alternate and adhere the firecrackers as shown. 6. Use the Original Border Maker System with the retired Star Border Maker Cartridge to punch stars from Platinum Shimmer Cardstock. Adhere the stars with Foam Squares as shown. 7. Add United We Stand Stickers adhering some with Foam Squares.
I created my second layout for Featured Project Friday for Creative Life Scrapbooking. The inspiration for this layout came from a t-shirt of mine. Again I used a combination of current and older tools with the United We Stand Collection from Creative Memories. If you don’t have the Alpine Mountains Border Punch, you can substitute the Majestic Mountains Border Punch. If you don’t have the Treeline Border Punch, you can substitute the Wheatfield Border Punch. For instructions, please see my Facebook post for Creative Life Scrapbooking and join our private group.
I love the 4th of July holiday! I have great memories of large cook-outs, yard games and fireworks enjoyed as a child. And I still love fireworks! Now I enjoy watching them from our boat. Celebrations along the lake are coordinated, and we can enjoy fireworks for 4-5 nights in a row along with bands playing at the marina. This year’s celebrations will be even more festive as we’re all enjoying the lifted Covid-19 restrictions. I used the super fun United We Stand Collection from Creative Memories to create some layouts in preparation for the photos that I’ll take. All of the layouts feature a large border at the top with ample space to add photos later. But for my first layout, I used a few photos from last year that I hadn’t yet scrapbooked.
The Barbed Wired Border Maker Cartridge is one of my favorites, and I’m having fun finding unique ways to use it. I really love how it looks on this rustic heart. It’s such a simple idea but has a big impact and is so perfect with these photos of my granddaughters.
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut a hollow frame from a sheet of Red Cardstock. Cut a sheet of United We Stand Paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″, and adhere to the hollow frame. 2. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Barbed Wire Border Cartridge to punch borders from United We Stand Paper. Trim, stagger and adhere three borders as shown. 3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the small heart pattern from the Gemstone Cutting Patterns and the Green Blade on the outside edge to cut a heart from Blue Cardstock. Use the Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a heart from White Cardstock, and adhere to the blue heart. Use the Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a partial heart from United We Stand Paper. Trim to an 1″, and adhere to the white heart. 4. Trim barbed wire border pieces and adhere to the heart embellishment making sure to match the pattern with the three borders that are on the page. Adhere the heart piece with Foam Squares to the layout as shown also making sure to match the border patterns on the page. 5. Cut 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ photo mats from Red Cardstock, and crop photos to 4″ x 4″. 6. Create a 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ journaling box from White Cardstock, and mat with a 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Red Cardstock. 7. Add United We Stand Stickers with Foam Squares as shown.
My second layout features a fun technique for the new Flag Banner Border Punch. I folded sections of the border piece to create dimension and a new look for the border. With the stickers, the border looks like a flying eagle pulling a banner, or I also see the two border pieces as the wings of the eagle. This would make a great military themed layout.
To Create My Layout:
1. To conserve paper, cut out a hollow section in the lower middle portion of United We Stand star paper. Save the cut-out piece for another use. 2. Cut a hollow frame from a 11-1/4″ x 9-1/4″ piece of Cranberry Cardstock. Cut an 11″ x 9″ piece of United We Stand Paper, and adhere to the hollow frame. Adhere the entire piece to the blue star background paper. 3. Use the Flag Banner Border Punch to punch two borders from United We Stand Paper. With your fingers, fold the flag segments of the border pieces outward to the left and outward to the right. Trim and adhere the borders as shown using Repositionable Tape. 4. Add United We Stand Stickers with Foam Squares.
For my next layout, I used the Flag Banner Border Punch to create a large flag element to run across the top of my page. The red borders make the red strips on my large flag. And I jazzed up the field of blue stars with some additional banner pieces and stickers.
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut a hollow frame from Blue Cardstock. Cut United We Stand Paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″, and adhere to the hollow frame. 2. From United We Stand Paper, cut a 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ square, and adhere in the upper left corner of the layout. 3. Use the Flag Banner Border Punch to punch three borders from United We Stand Paper. Trim the borders and adhere to the right of the square piece. 4. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and Red Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from United We Stand Paper. Use the Green Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from Blue Cardstock. Layer the circles, and United We Stand Stickers as shown. Adhere the piece with Foam Squares to the center of the square piece. 5. Cut leftover flag banner pieces into segments of one, and adhere around the circular piece.
My last layout is ready for photos of our boat decorated for the July 4th holiday. I recently purchased some metallic fringe banners to hang on the boat, and this border piece mimics that banner perfectly. I created the border with the Fringe Border Punch that was a freebie item during one of CM’s recent promotions. Make sure to follow me on Facebook or ask to receive my email newsletters to stay up-to-date on promotions, new products and my events.
Please note that the Fringe Border Punch should only be used with designer paper or lighter weight cardstocks (60 lb. paper weight or less). I used our new Firecracker Shimmer, White Shimmer and Starry Night Shimmer Cardstocks which are super light-weight and worked perfectly with the punch. See the image below for the weights of CM cardstock.
To Create My Layout:
1. Use the Fringe Border Punch to punch a border from Starry Night Simmer Cardstock, and cut off of the cardstock at 2-3/4″. 2. Use the Fringe Border Punch to punch a border from White Shimmer Cardstock, and cut off of the cardstock at 2-1/4″. 3. Use the Fringe Border Punch to punch a border from Firecracker Simmer Cardstock, and cut off of the cardstock at 1-3/4″. 4. Layer, and adhere the border pieces to the top of the layout. Cut a 12″ x 1/2″ strip from United We Stand Paper, and adhere at the top of your border. 5. Use the Custom Cutting System with the largest Circle Cutting Pattern and Green Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from White Cardstock. Use the Blue Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from United We Stand Paper. Adhere the two pieces, and adhere to the border. 6. Add United We Stand Stickers with Foam Squares as shown.
Don’t forget about the current promotion to receive $20 off of your order! Please click here to use my CM website link to place your order, and use ENJOY20 as the Coupon Code. This promotion ends at noon CT on June 18th, 2021.
If you like these borders and layouts, you might also like an additional United We Stand layout that I created for the CM Blog. The layout has a military vibe and is perfect for honoring your loved ones who have served. Click here to view that layout. Also continue to watch the CM Blog as I created some additional United We Stand borders and a card that should be shared soon.