Hello, scrappers! Thanks so much for blog hopping with us today! Several members of the Creative Life Scrapbooking team have some summer scrapbooking ideas to share with you. Just click on the link at the bottom of my post to visit Julie’s blog next.
Last month, I shared some summer layouts using the Citrus Summer collection by Creative Memories. So for this blog hop, I thought that I would use the Creative Memories Deep Blue Sea collection that came out earlier in the summer. The shades of blue, beige and sea foam green were perfect for my coastal photos from a short visit to Tybee Island, SC this spring.
My first layout features a large nautical looking border. The small punch outs of the Dips & Diamonds Border Maker Cartridge look like little anchors to my eye. I also thought that the new Medallion Punch evokes a maritime feel when used on a nautical layout.
To make my top border:
- Use the Original Border Maker System with the Dips & Diamonds Border Cartridge to punch two borders from Beige Cardstock and cut off of the cardstock at 1 inch.
- Mat these borders on 12″ x 1-1/4″ strips of Navy Cardstock.
- Use the old Circle Maker Punch from Creative Memories to punch six circles from Beige Cardstock.
- Use the Medallion Punch to punch six medallions from Navy Cardstock.
- Adhere the medallions to the circles, and use Foam Squares to adhere the finished pieces to the borders.
I really love the Deep Blue Sea Variety Mats! The mats feature small nautical prints that are different than the prints in the paper pack. The smaller prints of the mats were perfect to make some large banner flags to run underneath my border.
- Cut 2-1/2″ x 2″ pieces from the variety mats and notch into a ribbon end and mat on blue cardstock.
- Cut out an additional piece from a variety mat to use as a journaling box.
- Use the blue ombre′ watercolor print paper as the base of your layout.
My next layout features a border made with the Scallop Wave and Dips & Diamonds Border Maker Cartridges. Although I created this layout as a single page, you could easily turn it into a double-page layout by making two additional borders to run across a second page.
To make this border:
- Use the Original Border Maker System with the Dips & Diamonds Border Cartridge to punch two borders from Royal Cardstock and cut off of the cardstock at 1 inch.
- Use the Original Border Maker System with the Scallop Wave Border Cartridge to punch borders from the sea foam print paper and cut off of the paper at 1-1/2″.
- Punch two more scallop wave borders from Royal Cardstock and overlap as shown.
- Adhere the borders to 12″ x 1-3/4″ strips of the starfish patterned paper.
- Use the Custom Cutting System with the largest Circle Pattern and Green Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from the starfish patterned paper. Use the Red Blade to cut a circle from Royal Cardstock. Layer Deep Blue Sea Stickers on top of the circle pieces and adhere with Foam Squares.
- Assemble your layout on the seaweed patterned paper.
My third layout features my last two photos from our short stop on the island. Again I used the seaweed print paper as my background and decorated my layout with a variety of Deep Blue Sea Stickers.
- Use the Custom Cutting System with the large heart from the Gemstone Patterns and the Green Blade on the outside edge to cut a heart from the starfish patterned paper.
- Use the Blue Blade to cut a heart from Royal Cardstock.
- Fussy cut an image from a Deep Blue Sea Variety Mat to use for the journaling box.
- Layer the heart, photos and stickers as shown using Foam Squares to adhere some stickers.
- My photos are 3″ x 3″ and 4″ x 4″.
Deep Blue Sea is a beautiful collection, and I enjoyed reliving memories from our short coastal visit while creating these layouts. All of the materials and tools that I used can be purchased on my Creative Memories website.
Thanks again for blog hopping with us and enjoy the last of your summer!
To continue on our Creative Life Scrapbooking Blog Hop, please click on the links below:
Karyn Crops (YOU ARE HERE)
Julie’s Creative Memories Blog
Crop With Stef
Celebrating Your Beautiful Life
3 thoughts on “Creative Life Scrapbooking Summer Blog Hop – Deep Blue Sea Scrapbook Layouts”
Pingback: 2019 Creative Life Summer Blog Hop: Rainbow Rush | Crop with Stef
Karyn, These layouts are so pretty. The paper package has a nice variety of prints and I really like your use of the punches and boarder makers.
Thanks much, Susan! So glad that you like the layouts! I appreciate your comment 🙂