Usually, we use the Original Border Maker System from Creative Memories to punch straight borders. But with some of the border maker cartridges, we can also punch square corners. I love how this technique works with the current Home Sweet Home and Rolling Sails Border Maker Cartridges!
I used papers, stickers and embellishments from the Welcome Home Collection and also embellishments from the White Rose Embellishments for my first example. I punched the corners of an 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ piece of Hot Fudge Cardstock using the Original Border Maker System with the Home Sweet Home Border Maker Cartridge.
For my second example, I used paper, variety mats, stickers and embellishments from the Serene Waters Collection and the Original Border Maker System with the Rolling Sails Border Maker Cartridge. I punched the corners of a 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ piece of Navy Cardstock.
You can also punch all four sides of a square piece of paper using the Rolling Sails and Home Sweet Home Border Maker Cartridge. As these cartridges have a 1″ pattern repeat, make sure to use a piece of paper that’s in a 1″ increment, such as 12″ x 12″, 11″ x 11″, etc. My example below was punched on an 11″ x 11″ piece of cardstock.
Please note that this technique does not work for all of the border maker cartridges. Please watch my YouTube video for a demonstration using other cartridges. I also show an alternative technique that works with some cartridges.
Summer is in full force, and I hope that you’re enjoying it! Creative MemoriesSummertime Collection is colorful and fun – just like summer should be!
I used the Custom Cutting System with the Rectangle Cutting Patterns to create a colorful row of popsicles from a selection of the Summertime Variety Mats for my first layout. When my granddaughter visits later this month, we have plans to make some icy treats in a variety of flavors, and the layout will be perfect for our photos.
To Create My Layout:
1. Use the Custom Cutting System and the smallest rectangle from the Rectangle Cutting Patterns and the Red Blade on the inside edge to cut shapes from six different Summertime Variety Mats. Position your cutting pattern to conserve the mats, so they can still be used to mat photos. From one of the rectangle pieces use a flower-type of punch to punch out the right upper corner, so it looks like bite marks. I used the old Dewdrop Flower Punch.
2. From Light Gray Cardstock cut six pieces to 1/2″ x 1-1/2″, and adhere to the bottoms of the rectangle pieces leaving a 1″ section protruding from the bottom of the rectangles. Adhere the popsicle pieces to the bottom of a sheet of Black Cardstock. 3. Cut a piece of Summertime Designer Paper to 11-1/2″ x 6-1/2″, adhere at the top of the page. 4. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Lamplight Border Maker Cartridge to punch a border from Summertime Designer Paper. Trim to 11-1/2″, and cut the border in half length-wise, and adhere to the bottom of the designer paper. Cut a 11-1/2″ x 1/4″ strip of Black Cardstock, and adhere at the seam of the designer paper and the border piece. 5. Crop three of the leftover mat pieces to 3-5/8″ x 3-5/8″. Crop two of the leftover mat pieces to 3-5/8″ x 3/4″. Cut three pieces of Black Cardstock to 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ and two pieces to 3-3/4″ x 7/8″. Adhere the mat pieces to the black pieces to create double photo mats and journaling boxes. Adhere to the layout as shown. I used Foam Squares to adhere my middle mat. 6. Add a title with Black Script and Black Serif ABC/123 Letter Stickers.
For my second layout, I used the Sunny Days Journal Template to trace and cut a sheet of Summertime Designer Paper in a sunburst pattern to use as the background of my layout. The Sunny Days Journal Template is great for tracing journaling lines onto a layout, but it’s also can be used for tracing and cutting designs. Please see my post from July 2nd for another example of how this template can be used.
To Create My Layout:
1. Use the Sunny Days Journal Template to trace a sunburst pattern onto the backside of a sheet of designer paper. Use Micro-Tip Scissors to cut around your trace marks.
2. Adhere the cut-out piece to a sheet of White Cardstock. 3. Cut a 1″ hollow frame from a sheet of Summertime Designer Paper, and adhere to the outside of the layout. 4. From the same sheet of designer paper, use the Custom Cutting System with the medium circle from the Circle Cutting Patterns and Blue Blade on the outside edge to cut a circle. Adhere the circle to the center of the layout. 5. Cut two 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ photo mats from Summertime Designer Paper. Crop photos to 4″ x 4″, and adhere to mats. Adhere matted photos to the right side of the layout. 6. Cut a small segment from a wave Summertime Laser Cut Border, and adhere the two pieces to each side of the bottom photo. Adhere a second wave Summertime Laser Cut Border above the first one as shown. 7. Add a Summertime Laser Cut Border as the title. Adhere with Foam Squares. 8. Add Summertime Stickers with Foam Squares as shown.
I hope that my layouts have inspired you to scrapbook some of your summer photos! You can purchase the Summertime Collection and all of the tools that I used through my Creative Memories website link.
If you’re looking for a fun virtual scrapbooking event, you might enjoy thePJ Party Virtual Crop that my friends and I at Creative Life Scrapbooking are hosting on Friday, July 30th. For information and to register, click here. If you can’t crop along on the 30th, you can still register and have access to our printable handouts and recorded instructional videos.
Hello! Thanks so much for blog hopping with the Creative Life Scrapbooking team! We love sharing scrapbooking ideas and inspiration and are so glad that you could join us! To see weekly ideas, please LIKE and FOLLOW us on Facebook.
Today I’m featuring a few more scrapbook layouts that I created with the Vitamin Sea Collection from Creative Memories. This collection is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for beach and tropical photos! I love the shades of blue and green and the lovely addition of coral. Please see my post from July 31st for two more layouts that I created with the Vitamin Sea Collection.
My first layout features the fun Palm Trees Border Punch that was a promotional item from earlier this summer. If you missed out on this promotion, please join my Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers to see info about CM products, specials and my in-person and virtual events. If you’re not on Facebook, please contact me with your email address, and I’m glad to add you to my email list to receive info.
If you don’t have the Palm Trees Border Punch, you can substitute the Sea Shells Border Punch or the Scallop Border Punch . For this layout, I created a frame that draws you into the sand to my perfect spot on the beach. The strips of the botanical print paper and the row of palm trees gives the illusion of being surrounded by a tropical forest afloat in a turquoise sea. Navy Cardstock was a great compliment to this layout and the dark palm trees in my photos.
To make my layout:
1. Cut two pieces of sand paper to 10″ x 9″. Adhere to background paper as shown.
2. Cut strips of the botanical print paper to 11″ x 3/4″ and 3/4″ x 10″. Cut strips of Navy Cardstock to 11″ x 1″ and 1″ x 10″. Layer and adhere the pieces to frame the sand pieces.
3. Using the Palm Trees Border Punch (or Sea Shells Border Punch or Scallop Border Punch) to punch two 11″ borders from Navy Cardstock. Adhere at the tops of the pages as shown.
4. Cut two pieces of Navy Cardstock to 8-1/2″ x 6-1/4″, and mat photos.
5. Use the Custom Cutting System with the Circle Patterns to cut circle pieces from Navy Cardstock, a Vitamin Sea Sticker and the botanical print paper. Add to the top corners to cover your edges.
6. Add Vitamin Sea Embellishments with Foam Squares, and add Vitamin Sea Stickers as shown.
My second layout mimics the look of a tiki hut to highlight some photos of a tropical lunch spot. With a few snips of the scissors, this layout was quick and easy to complete using the beautiful Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishments.
To make my layout:
Cut two 1/2″ x 10″ strips of rattan print paper and adhere to the sides of the layout as shown.
Cut a strip of the rattan print paper to 12″ x 2-1/4″. Use scissors to snip the bottom end into small vertical strips. Use Foam Squares to adhere 1″ from the top of the green paper background.
Adhere the tropical leaves Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment on the top edge of the rattan border. Use Foam Squares to add the tropical flowers Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment on top of the existing border as shown. Add gemstone/rhinestone embellishments from the Vitamin Sea Embellishments to the flower border.
Cut a Vitamin Sea Variety Mat to add as a journaling box.
My photos are 6″x 4″ and 4″ x 6″.
The borders in the Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment pack are especially lovely, but you only receive one of each border piece per pack. So if you would like to create borders to run along a double-page layout, you would need to purchase two of the border embellishment packs. With this layout, I show you a way to create a double page layout by using two different border embellishment pieces. One border runs horizontally across the top of the first page, and another border runs vertically down the side of the second page. I also used two different sheets of paper as my backgrounds and different papers for my two borders. But since all of the papers in the Vitamin Sea Paper and Vitamin Sea Tone-on-Tone Papers coordinate, you can easily mix and match like this.
To create my layout:
Cut a 12″ x 2″ strip for the top border. Cut and adhere a 12″ x 1-1/4″ strip below it, and adhere a Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment piece.
Cut a Vitamin Sea Variety Mat to make a title piece and mat it with Dark Sea Green Cardstock.
For the border on the second page, cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip and adhere to the left edge. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip and adhere next to the first strip. Cut a 1-1/8″ x 12″ strip and mat with a 1-1/4″ x 12″ strip of Dark Sea Green Cardstock. Add a Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment.
Finish your layout with photos, small journaling boxes to fit, and Vitamin Sea Stickers and Embellishments.
As I love it so much, I’ll be purchasing a second set of the Vitamin Sea materials! If you love it too, I would appreciate any purchases that you make using my Creative Memorieswebsite link! While on the website, make sure to check out the very lovely Vitamin Sea Embossed Album Cover and Vitamin Sea Fast2Fab Pages!
Please continue on our Creative Life Scrapbooking 2020 Summer Blog Hop, and visit Diana’s blog next. Thanks so much for visiting with me!
Hi, everyone! Here are two layouts that I just shared during the Creative Life Scrapbooking Summer 2020 PJ Party virtual crop. The PJ Party began at 4 pm ET and continues until 1 am ET over at the Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook Page. Just go to our home page and scroll to see all of the posts. Today we’re sharing different ways to use the Custom Cutting System from Creative Memories. The posts will remain on our Facebook page, so you’ll be able to refer to them in the future.
For my first layout, I cut hollow frames using the Custom Cutting System. You can use this technique with any of our Custom Cutting Patterns. When making hollow frames just remember to always use the blade that cuts the furthest away from the cutting pattern first. After making your first cut, don’t move the cutting pattern and use the second blade to cut again. You can use this method on the outside edge or the inside edge of the cutting patterns.
I created my first layout using a combination of layered circles and hollow circle frames to create an interlocking circle pattern. It’s not difficult, but it’s just a little tedious cutting all of the circle pieces. I used the new Vitamin Sea Collection to make my layouts. I love all of the pieces of this collection! The coordinating shades of teals, greens and blush are especially beautiful!
To make my layout:
1. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and Green Blade on the inside edge to cut 5 circles from green paper, 5 circles from teal paper and 10 circles from blush paper.
2. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and Red Blade on the inside edge to cut 10 circles from Dark Sea Green Cardstock. Adhere the green and teal circles onto the cardstock circles.
3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and the Green Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from Dark Sea Green Cardstock. Don’t move the cutting pattern from your cardstock. Cut again using the Red Blade on the inside edge of cut 10 hollow circle frames. (Save the resulting circles for my second layout.)
4. Use a pencil to lightly draw a circle around the outside edge of the Jumbo Circle Cutting Pattern onto your background paper. If you don’t have the Jumbo Circle Cutting Pattern, you can use an 11″ dinner plate. Evenly arrange blush circles in a circle pattern with the top edges of the circles on the pencil line.
5. Evenly arrange the teal and green circles so that they partially overlap the blush circles making sure to line up the top edges of the circles with the pencil line. Erase your pencil marks.
6. Adhere the 10 hollow circle frames on top of the blush circles.
7. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Kissing Fish Border Maker Cartridge to punch two borders from Dark Sea Green Cardstock. Cut the fish apart into pairs as shown. Adhere the fish pairs in the centers of the blush circles.
8. I finished my layout by adhering a matted photo with Foam Squares and some Vitamin Sea Stickers and pieces of a Vitamin Sea Laser Cut Border that I cut apart.
To create my second layout, I used the leftover cardstock circles from my first layout. I love how this layout shows off the lovely patterns of the Vitamin Sea Designer and Tone-on-Tone Papers and the adorable Vitamin Sea Stickers!
To make my layout:
3. Adhere the blush/cardstock piece on top of the background paper covering up the space that was cut out.
4. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and the Blue Blade on the inside edge to cut 9 circles from patterned paper. Adhere these circles on top of your leftover Dark Green Sea Cardstock circles from the first layout. (These pieces were cut using the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and the Green Blade on the inside edge.)
5. Complete your layout by adding a title piece cut from a Vitamin Sea Variety Mat, photos, journaling, and some Vitamin Sea Stickers adhered with Foam Squares.
If you have some beach or tropical photos to scrapbook, you’re going to LOVE the Vitamin Sea Collection! Make sure to check out the Vitamin Sea Embossed Embellishments and the Vitamin Sea Laser Cut Borders as they are especially nice! You may purchase any of the materials that I used for my layouts through my Creative Memories website link.
Hi! I’m back with moreElectric Summer layouts! This collection from Creative Memoriesjust puts me in a happy mood! Once I started scrapping with it, I couldn’t stop!
There’s a lot happening in my first layout, but that’s okay. The busy layout expresses all of the fun that we were having that day. The Electric Summer Stickers and Electric Summer Layered Embellishments are super fun and really make this layout!
To make my layout:
1. Use the Custom Cutting System with the largest circle from the Circle Cutting Patterns and the Blue Blade on the outside edge to cut two circles from Electric Summer Paper. Center the cutting pattern on top of the circles and use the Green Blade to cut thin hollow circles. Layer and adhere the pieces onto a sheet of White Cardstock.
2. Crop photos to 4″ x 4″ and mat with 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ pieces of Electric Summer Paper. Adhere photos to the layout as shown.
3. Add a variety of Electric Summer Stickers and Electric Summer Layered Embellishments and Gemstones as shown. Use Foam Squares to adhere some of the pieces.
4. Add faux stitching and journaling with a Black Dual-Tip Pen.
My second layout was an exercise in total frustration for me! It’s also a great testament to the Recipe Templates from Creative Memories! The Recipe Templates make is super simple to create mosaic-type layouts. All you need to do is trace, cut and tape, and all of the angles and measurements are figured out for you. We currently have two different Recipe Templates available to purchase, and you can see them through my CM website link.
I wanted to create a diagonally orientated layout that spread across two pages. I laid out all of my pieces, marked and cut them. But they didn’t fit back together perfectly after they were cut. The end result looks pretty good, but my white cardstock pieces ended up a little short for me.
To create my layout:
1. Punch borders from Electric Summer Paper using the Scallop Burst Border Punch and the Original Border Maker System with the Cloud and Flip Flops Border Maker Cartridges. I used the Tahitian Blue Cardstock from the most recent Creative Memories Cardstock Buffet for my flip flop borders and background pieces.
2. Lay your photos and border pieces on top of White Cardstock at an angle. Cut the pieces to fit.
3. After your pieces are cut and adhered, cut the White Cardstock pieces to fit on top of Tahitian Blue Cardstock.
4. Embellish your layout with Electric Summer Variety Mats and Stickers. Adhere some of the pieces with Foam Squares.
Thanks so much for visiting with me today! And please check out my Creative Memories website link for any CM tools or materials that you may wish to purchase. From now until noon CT on June 30th or while supplies last, CM is offering a Punch Promo! With any $125 purchase, you will receive either your choice of the Grasslands Border Punch or the Sun Punch for FREE!
Hello! Today I’m sharing another layout made with the Electric Summer collection and the new Flip Flop Border Maker Cartridge from Creative Memories.
The Electric Summer collection has been a hot seller for Creative Memories and many of the pieces are currently out of stock. But they will be returning, so make sure to get this on your Wish List. To create a Wish List, log into your CM account and instead of adding an item to your cart, click on the link to add to your Wish List. When you are logged into your account, you can see your account information, past and current orders and your Wish List by clicking on the drop down arrow at the top of the page near your name and clicking on My Account. The Flip Flop Border Maker Cartridge is also out-of-stock but will be returning in September.
My layout below features a decorative twist on a chevron border. I started with a border that I punched using the Original Border Maker System and the Flip Flop Border Cartridge and then cut the border into diagonal pieces to make a chevron pattern. Although my photos are from a lake and not a beach, I decided to use the title sticker and the palm tree embellishment anyway. “Life’s a Beach” perfectly captures our feelings when we’re cruising and floating on the lake.
To make my layout:
Cut a hollow frame from a piece of Lily Pad Cardstock (from the recent CM Cardstock Buffet), and adhere an 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ piece of White Cardstock.
Use the Custom Cutting System with the old Jumbo Circle Cutting Pattern and Red Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from Electric Summer Paper. Trim the circle, and adhere as shown.
Use the Original Border Maker System with the Flip Flops Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from two pieces of the Electric Summer Paper. (You will use both sides of your punched pieces.)
Place the border pieces onto your 12″ Trimmer along the 45 degree mark and cut in-between the pairs of flip flop as shown. If there’s not much space between your pairs of flip flops, turn your border over to the other side and try cutting from that side. There will be more space between the pairs on one side of the paper verses the other side of the paper. After you cut, keep moving your border up along the 45 degree line to make your next cut. Your top and bottom pieces won’t be usable as they will only have one 45 degree edge. You will end up with pieces that resemble the second photo below.
5. To create a chevron pattern, alternate the sides of the border pieces. For example, the blue/purple pieces are from one sheet of paper. So I first used the blue side and then I next used with the purple side.
6. Mat photos with 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ Lily Pad Carstock pieces.
7. Add Electric Summer Layered Embellishments and Gemstones and Electric Summer Stickers adhering some with Foam Squares. Add faux stitching and journaling with a Black Dual-Tip Pen.
Here’s a video demonstration of how to make the chevron border. I originally shared this video with my Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers. In the video, I mention the Virtual Beach Party Crop that I’m holding on Friday, June 26th on Karyn’s Croppers. I hope that you can join us for some scrappy fun!
Yay! Summer is finally here! And the Electric Summer collection from Creative Memories perfectly captures our elation for the start of the new season. The Electric Summer collection is bright, cheerful and super fun. I’ll be using it to create summer layouts for my grandchildren and also for my lake and beach photos.
Click here to view a video of all of the pieces of the Electric Summer collection. Click here to purchase the Electric Summer collection.
Some pieces of the Electric Summer collection are currently sold out, but CM expects them to be back in stock later this month and next.
My first layout features a fun technique to create a scalloped rainbow wave that brings movement to the page. I also used the Hyacinth Dot Pen to add some additional movement and detail to the layout. CM currently has dot pens in three colors, but they are in limited quantity. We’ve been told that CM will be releasing more of these pens in different colors. You’ll find the Hyacinth, Island Coral and Kiwi Dot Pens in the Last Chance section of our website.
To create my layout:
1. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium sized circle from the Circle Cutting Patterns and the Green Blade on the inside edge to cut three circles from six different colors of the Electric Summer Paper. Lightly fold the circles in half to find the center and score. Use your Personal Trimmer to cut the circles in half.
2. Arrange the circles on your background paper as shown above.
3. Use the Hyacinth Dot Pen to add dot details around the upper portion of the layout as shown.
4. Mat and add photos. Journal on a mat from the Electric Summer Variety Mats.
5. Decorate your layout with Electric Summer Layered Embellishments and Electric Summer Stickers using Foam Squares to adhere some .
For my second layout, I used the 12″ Trimmer with the Perforating Blade to add some subtle detail. Although I only used small pieces of the Electric Summer Paper, the layout is bursting with color and fun.
To create my layout:
1. Use the 12″ Trimmer with the Perforating Blade to score/cut your background cardstock 1/4″ from the four edges. Score/cut a second edge 1″ from the outside of the four edges. Press hard enough to get the perforating marks on your cardstock but not hard enough that it cuts all of the way through and separates.
2. Cut 20 strips of Electric Summer Paper to 1/2″ x 1-7/8″. Cut four 1/2″ X 1/2″ squares. Adhere the pieces onto the layout as shown.
3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the largest circle from the Circle Cutting Patterns and the Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a semi-circle from the cloud print paper.
4. Mat photos with Grape Cardstock.
5. Add Electric Summer Stickers and Electric Summer Layered Embellishments as shown using Foam Squares to adhere some.
6. Add dots with the Hyacinth Dot Pen as shown.
7. Cut and add an Electric Summer Variety Mat to use for your journaling.
Some of my croppers like to make seasonal samplers to display on their Wooden Frame Hangers or old Everyday Display Frames. The samplers can also be used as an intro page in an album or as a “filler” page in an album. I designed this summer sampler so it could be used with our without photos. I selected the variety mat as the dominate feature as the saying perfectly captures the spirit of summer for me and brings back memories of my dad singing Summertime to me when I was a young girl.
To make my layout:
1. Cut a hollow frame from a piece of Lily Pad Cardstock from the recent CM Cardstock Buffet. Cut a piece of White Cardstock to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere to the hollow frame.
2. Use the Custom Cutting System with the square cutting pattern from the Rectangle Cutting Patterns and the Green Blade on the inside edge to cut squares from the Electric Summer Paper. Use the Red Blade to cut squares from the Lily Pad Cardstock. Adhere the piece together and to the layout.
3. Mat the Electric Summer Variety Mat with Lily Pad Cardstock.
4. If desired, crop photos to 3″ x 4″, and mat with Lily Pad Cardstock.
5. Use the Original Border Maker System with the new Flip Flop Border Maker Cartridge to punch a border from White Cardstock. Trim the border off of the cardstock at 1-3/16″. Cut into two 3″ pieces. Mat the pieces with 3-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ pieces of Lily Pad Cardstock.
6. Add Electric Summer Stickers adhering with Foam Squares. Add Electric Summer gemstones.
I hope that my layouts have inspired you to add the Electric Summer collection to your CM Wish List. You may purchase the materials and the tools that I used through my CM website link.
Make sure to come back and visit with me next week when I share more Electric Summer layouts!
If you like to participate in virtual crops, you may wish to join me on my private Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers, for a Virtual Beach Party Crop on Friday, June 26th. I’ll be sharing ideas and challenges and offering door prizes! I’ll be using the Electric Summer collection for my samples, but you may use any materials. The fun runs from 6:00-11:00 PM CT. (In order to be eligible to win door prizes, I’m asking that you make a minimum $25 purchase through my website from June 1st – 26th. You can still participate in the fun even if you don’t make a purchase.)
Hello, scrappers! Thanks so much for blog hopping with us today! Several members of the Creative Life Scrapbooking team have some summer scrapbooking ideas to share with you. Just click on the link at the bottom of my post to visit Julie’s blog next.
Last month, I shared some summer layouts using the Citrus Summer collection by Creative Memories. So for this blog hop, I thought that I would use the Creative Memories Deep Blue Sea collection that came out earlier in the summer. The shades of blue, beige and sea foam green were perfect for my coastal photos from a short visit to Tybee Island, SC this spring.
My first layout features a large nautical looking border. The small punch outs of the Dips & Diamonds Border Maker Cartridge look like little anchors to my eye. I also thought that the new Medallion Punch evokes a maritime feel when used on a nautical layout.
To make my top border:
Use the Original Border Maker System with the Dips & Diamonds Border Cartridge to punch two borders from Beige Cardstock and cut off of the cardstock at 1 inch.
Mat these borders on 12″ x 1-1/4″ strips of Navy Cardstock.
Use the old Circle Maker Punch from Creative Memories to punch six circles from Beige Cardstock.
Use the Medallion Punch to punch six medallions from Navy Cardstock.
Adhere the medallions to the circles, and use Foam Squares to adhere the finished pieces to the borders.
I really love the Deep Blue Sea Variety Mats! The mats feature small nautical prints that are different than the prints in the paper pack. The smaller prints of the mats were perfect to make some large banner flags to run underneath my border.
Cut 2-1/2″ x 2″ pieces from the variety mats and notch into a ribbon end and mat on blue cardstock.
Cut out an additional piece from a variety mat to use as a journaling box.
Use the blue ombre′ watercolor print paper as the base of your layout.
My next layout features a border made with the Scallop Wave and Dips & Diamonds Border Maker Cartridges. Although I created this layout as a single page, you could easily turn it into a double-page layout by making two additional borders to run across a second page.
To make this border:
Use the Original Border Maker System with the Dips & Diamonds Border Cartridge to punch two borders from Royal Cardstock and cut off of the cardstock at 1 inch.
Use the Original Border Maker System with the Scallop Wave Border Cartridge to punch borders from the sea foam print paper and cut off of the paper at 1-1/2″.
Punch two more scallop wave borders from Royal Cardstock and overlap as shown.
Adhere the borders to 12″ x 1-3/4″ strips of the starfish patterned paper.
Use the Custom Cutting System with the largest Circle Pattern and Green Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from the starfish patterned paper. Use the Red Blade to cut a circle from Royal Cardstock. Layer Deep Blue Sea Stickers on top of the circle pieces and adhere with Foam Squares.
Assemble your layout on the seaweed patterned paper.
My third layout features my last two photos from our short stop on the island. Again I used the seaweed print paper as my background and decorated my layout with a variety of Deep Blue Sea Stickers.
Use the Custom Cutting System with the large heart from the Gemstone Patterns and the Green Blade on the outside edge to cut a heart from the starfish patterned paper.
Use the Blue Blade to cut a heart from Royal Cardstock.
Fussy cut an image from a Deep Blue Sea Variety Mat to use for the journaling box.
Layer the heart, photos and stickers as shown using Foam Squares to adhere some stickers.
My photos are 3″ x 3″ and 4″ x 4″.
Deep Blue Sea is a beautiful collection, and I enjoyed reliving memories from our short coastal visit while creating these layouts. All of the materials and tools that I used can be purchased on my Creative Memories website.
Thanks again for blog hopping with us and enjoy the last of your summer!
Whoa! Summer needs to SLOW down! I took a little break from scrapbooking last month to enjoy some fun family time and also some much needed relaxation time with my hubby. But now in a blink of an eye, it’s almost August!
Here are a few layouts that I created with some of my summer photos and the new Citrus Summer collection from Creative Memories. Citrus Summer consists of paper, stickers, variety mats, a Fast2Fab album and pages, and my most favorite item – an adorable box full of ADORABLE embellishments!
My first layout is a perfect representation of our summer. Both my husband and I are are typical Type A personalities who find it difficult to slow down and relax. But somehow on our pontoon boat with the combo of water and sun, we’re able to decompress and spend the day simply… floating. It’s our most favorite thing to do in the summer.
To make my layout:
1. Trim wave patterned sheets of paper to 11″ x 11″ and adhere to 12″ x 12″ sheets of peacock cardstock. To conserve cardstock, cut out the centers of the peacock cardstock first.
2. Use the Original Border Maker System with the new Scallop Wave Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from white and peacock cardstock and adhere together as shown. From white cardstock, cut 12″ x 1/2″ wavy borders using the 12″ Decorative Trimmer. Layered these three pieces with 12″ x 3″ strips of the floating sunbather paper.
3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium sized Circle Pattern and Red Blade to cut a circle from goldenrod cardstock. Use the Banner Flag Punch to punch sun rays and adhere and trim as shown to create my large sun.
4. Mat your photos with 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″ pieces of white cardstock and tuck your photos underneath the wave border.
5. Finish the layout with fun combos of the cute Citrus Summer Embellishments and Stickers adhering some with Foam Squares, and add journaling and faux pen stitching.
My second layout features photos from the family reunion that we hosted in mid-June. As you can see, I used the beach-themed paper for my lake photos. If you’re like me and don’t have any beach photos, don’t be afraid to use these papers for any type of water photos from lakes to your backyard kiddie pools.
I must commend Creative Memories for being “on-trend” with both of these beach and water-print papers. Throughout the summer, I’ve seen similar prints from a variety of vendors on a multitude of home and personal goods – including wrapping paper!
To make my layout:
1. Adhere 4″ x 12″ pieces of the water paper to two sheets of the beach paper and adhere 1/2″ strips of white cardstock over the seams.
2. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Scallop Wave Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from white, peacock and aqua cardstock, layer as shown, trim, and adhere to the bottom of of the water paper with Foam Squares.
3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the Red Blade on the outside edge of the smallest Circle Pattern to cut your photos. Use the Green Blade to cut circles from aqua cardstock, and the Blue blade to cut circles from white cardstock. Layer and adhere as shown.
4. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Scallop Wave Border Maker Cartridge to create multi-layered wave borders from aqua, peacock and white cardstock. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smallest Circle Pattern and Blue Blade to trim pieces of the wave border to fit to the bottoms of your photos. Adhere the wave pieces with Foam Squares.
5. Complete the layout with journaling on a Citrus Summer Variety Mat and more fun combos of Citrus Summer Stickers and Embellishments adhering some with Foam Squares.
All of the items that I used are available for purchase through my Creative Memories website. Plus everyone who places a $50+ order will be entered into my new Quarterly $100 Shopping Spree Give-Away! Just place an order, and I’ll enter you in my next drawing on October 1st.
Also Creative Memories is currently offering a summer “Mystery Bag Promo”. With a purchase of $150 (USA), you’ll receive some awesome exclusive items including one of seven possible album covers, one of four possible tote bags and a pack of designer paper. These freebies have a retail value of $63! Please place your orders through my personal Creative Memories website and please order sooner than later as supplies may sell out before the July 30th end date.
I hope that I’ve inspired you to take a look at the Citrus Summer collection and to make time in your busy summer schedule to slow down and preserve your summer memories and photos! (Stay tuned as I’ll be sharing more Citrus Summer layouts soon.)
Oh, my goodness! The Mermaid Cove Collection from Creative Memories is full of the sweetest sea creatures that we’ll ever encounter! Of course, there are mermaids but also adorable fish, octopi, whales and even sea kittens! There are shades of pink, purple, teal and blue along with silver foil accents on the embellishments and variety mats for extra shimmer. I was fortunate to have some “mermaid photos” of my granddaugther for my initial layouts, but I also used it for a layout of my grandson and have future layouts in mind for some adult photos too.
I’m really tickled with the way that this layout turned out, and it can easily be turned into a double-page spread if needed. To get an ombre effect, I punched my circles from areas of the paper with dark blue, teal and light blue backgrounds and arranged the circles from darkest to lightest. I added a few fish punched from Royal Cardstock with the Outdoor Adventure Quartet Punch and adhered them with Foam Squares.
My fish paper measures 12″ x 6″, and I used a Variety Mat for my journaling. I finished the layout by adhering a whale embellishment and a bubble sticker strip with Foam Squares. I used the Black Sans Serif ABC Stickers for my title.
My second layout is a view from “under the sea”! The layout is outlined with a 1/2″ wide frame that I cut from a piece of 10-1/2″ x 10-1/2″ white swirl print paper. The portholes were cut from variety mats, and I added a circle of teal water paper to the smallest porthole.
I had fun adorning this layout with a variety of stickers and embellishments and adhered some with Foam Squares.
My granddaughter’s neighbor created this “under the sea” photo-op by cutting a simple mermaid tail from felt and rumpling a blue sheet on the ground. She added a variety of stuffed animals and house plants and the fun began!
If you follow me and my blogger friends on Facebook at Creative Life Scrapbooking, you might have seen this layout that I shared on Friday night during our PJ Party Virtual Crop where six of us shared different ideas for using the Mermaid Cove Collection. I challenged myself to come up with a unique way to use CM’s new Scallop Border Punch and thought of a coral reef idea. I created multi-layered reefs and added seaweed punched with the CM Winter Vine Border Punch and Mermaid Cove Embellishments and Stickers. I only had three photos of my granddaughter, so I filled my layout with my reefs and a frame of mermaid designer paper.
Think outside of the box with this collection. It’s so cute that you’re going to want to use it in some way! If you’re a card-maker, I suggest using the variety mats, stickers and embellishments for making some darling cards.