Whoa! Summer needs to SLOW down! I took a little break from scrapbooking last month to enjoy some fun family time and also some much needed relaxation time with my hubby. But now in a blink of an eye, it’s almost August!
Here are a few layouts that I created with some of my summer photos and the new Citrus Summer collection from Creative Memories. Citrus Summer consists of paper, stickers, variety mats, a Fast2Fab album and pages, and my most favorite item – an adorable box full of ADORABLE embellishments!
My first layout is a perfect representation of our summer. Both my husband and I are are typical Type A personalities who find it difficult to slow down and relax. But somehow on our pontoon boat with the combo of water and sun, we’re able to decompress and spend the day simply… floating. It’s our most favorite thing to do in the summer.
To make my layout:
1. Trim wave patterned sheets of paper to 11″ x 11″ and adhere to 12″ x 12″ sheets of peacock cardstock. To conserve cardstock, cut out the centers of the peacock cardstock first.
2. Use the Original Border Maker System with the new Scallop Wave Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from white and peacock cardstock and adhere together as shown. From white cardstock, cut 12″ x 1/2″ wavy borders using the 12″ Decorative Trimmer. Layered these three pieces with 12″ x 3″ strips of the floating sunbather paper.
3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium sized Circle Pattern and Red Blade to cut a circle from goldenrod cardstock. Use the Banner Flag Punch to punch sun rays and adhere and trim as shown to create my large sun.
4. Mat your photos with 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″ pieces of white cardstock and tuck your photos underneath the wave border.
5. Finish the layout with fun combos of the cute Citrus Summer Embellishments and Stickers adhering some with Foam Squares, and add journaling and faux pen stitching.
My second layout features photos from the family reunion that we hosted in mid-June. As you can see, I used the beach-themed paper for my lake photos. If you’re like me and don’t have any beach photos, don’t be afraid to use these papers for any type of water photos from lakes to your backyard kiddie pools.
I must commend Creative Memories for being “on-trend” with both of these beach and water-print papers. Throughout the summer, I’ve seen similar prints from a variety of vendors on a multitude of home and personal goods – including wrapping paper!
To make my layout:
1. Adhere 4″ x 12″ pieces of the water paper to two sheets of the beach paper and adhere 1/2″ strips of white cardstock over the seams.
2. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Scallop Wave Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from white, peacock and aqua cardstock, layer as shown, trim, and adhere to the bottom of of the water paper with Foam Squares.
3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the Red Blade on the outside edge of the smallest Circle Pattern to cut your photos. Use the Green Blade to cut circles from aqua cardstock, and the Blue blade to cut circles from white cardstock. Layer and adhere as shown.
4. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Scallop Wave Border Maker Cartridge to create multi-layered wave borders from aqua, peacock and white cardstock. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smallest Circle Pattern and Blue Blade to trim pieces of the wave border to fit to the bottoms of your photos. Adhere the wave pieces with Foam Squares.
5. Complete the layout with journaling on a Citrus Summer Variety Mat and more fun combos of Citrus Summer Stickers and Embellishments adhering some with Foam Squares.
All of the items that I used are available for purchase through my Creative Memories website. Plus everyone who places a $50+ order will be entered into my new Quarterly $100 Shopping Spree Give-Away! Just place an order, and I’ll enter you in my next drawing on October 1st.
Also Creative Memories is currently offering a summer “Mystery Bag Promo”. With a purchase of $150 (USA), you’ll receive some awesome exclusive items including one of seven possible album covers, one of four possible tote bags and a pack of designer paper. These freebies have a retail value of $63! Please place your orders through my personal Creative Memories website and please order sooner than later as supplies may sell out before the July 30th end date.
I hope that I’ve inspired you to take a look at the Citrus Summer collection and to make time in your busy summer schedule to slow down and preserve your summer memories and photos! (Stay tuned as I’ll be sharing more Citrus Summer layouts soon.)