Hello and thanks so much for joining the Creative Life Scrapbooking team for our 2020 Spring Blog Hop! There are lots of ideas being shared today, and everyone is using different collections from Creative Memories. Just follow the links at the bottom of my post to find more scrapbooking inspiration from my scrapping buddies.
I made two layouts and a border using the Planes and Automobiles collections and the two newest border maker cartridges from Creative Memories. CM’s new travel ensemble also includes the Trains collection. All three collections (Planes, Trains and Automobiles) coordinate with each other so you can easily mix and match. I love the color palette, and the backsides of most of the sheets of paper have neutral prints that can be used for not only travel photos but also masculine and outdoor layouts. The Laser Cut Embellishments are absolutely fabulous with multi colors, textures and dimension, and the stickers are super cute but not too cutesy!
I used the Planes Paper, Stickers and Laser Cut Embellishment Accents to create a fun layout for some hot air balloon photos. I also used the Limited Edition Orange Shimmer Cardstock and Shell Shimmer Cardstock from CM’s recent cardstock buffet. This shimmer cardstock is much lighter than our normal cardstock weight, so it was easy to use with our Original Border Maker System and punches. But I found that the sheets liked to stick together, so beware when using.
To make my layout:
1. Cut two 12″ x 3″ strips from the Shell Shimmer Cardstock and punch the four long ends using the Original Border Maker System with the new Clouds Border Maker Cartridge.
2. Use the Original Border Maker System with the new Clouds Border Maker Cartridge to punch 4 strips of Orange Shimmer Cardstock and Gray Carstock. Cut off of your cardstock at about 3/4″. Layer and adhere these pieces to the tops and bottoms of the shell shimmer borders.
3. Cut one 12″ x 3″ strip from each of the Shell Shimmer, Orange Shimmer and Gray Cardstock. Cut these strips in half on the diagonal.
4. Punch the long slanted edge of the strips from Step 3 using the Original Border Maker System with the new Clouds Border Maker Cartridge. Layer and adhere as shown.
5. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smallest Circle Pattern and Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a circle from the Orange Shimmer Cardstock to create a sun piece. Tuck the sun under the edges of your top border piece.
6. Mat photos with Gray and Orange Shimmer Cardstock.
7. Add Planes Laser Cut Embellishment Accents and Planes Stickers using Foam Squares to adhere some of the stickers. Add a 3″ x 3″ journaling box.
I used the Automobiles Paper, Laser Cut Embellishment Accents and Stickers and also CM’s new On the Road and Cloud Border Maker Cartridges to create a layout for a road trip that my husband and took last fall. I also used the Majestic Mountains Border Punch which recently sold out. I love how we can combine our tools to create multi-layered borders!
To create my layout:
1. Cut hollow frames from two sheets of Crimson Cardstock. Trim two sheets of the road sign paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″, and adhere to the hollow frames.
2. Cut two pieces of Beige Cardstock to 11-1/2″ x 3″ and punch one long end of each piece using the Original Border Maker System with the Cloud Border Maker Cartridge. Use the round edge of the Dual-Tip Brown Pen to chalk the edges of the clouds.
3. From Brown Cardstock, use the Majestic Mountains Border Punch to punch two borders. Cut off of your cardstock at 2″, trim to 11-1/2″ and adhere to the cloud borders.
4. Use the Original Border Maker System with the On the Road Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from Crimson, Dark Green, and Blue Cardstock. Using All-Purpose Scissors, cut the vehicles off of the cardstock and adhere to the mountains as shown.
5. Use the Original Border Maker System with the On the Road Border Maker Cartridge to punch two borders from Beige Cardstock. Cut off of the cardsdtock at 1″ and trim to 11-1/2″. Use All-Purpose Scissors to cut off some of the vehicles as shown. Adhere these pieces to your borders with Foam Squares.
6. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Cloud Border Maker Cartridge to punch four sides of a 3″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Beige Cardstock. Use the round edge of the Dual-Tip Brown Pen to chalk the edges of the clouds. Layer this piece behind stickers as shown on the second page.
7. Use the Custom Cutting System with the hexagon pattern from the Gemstone Patterns to cut a journaling box. Use the Red Blade on the inside edge to cut a piece from Crimson Cardstock and the Green Blade on the inside edge to cut a piece from Beige Cardstock.
8. Mat photos with Crimson Cardstock and add journaling and embellishments. Adhere stickers with Foam Squares.
You may have already seen my last border on our Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook page last week for our Border Maker Monday feature. I was inspired by a title sticker in the Automobiles Designer Stickers to create my border above. I combined two border punches with a border maker cartridge to create a border that depicts leaving town and hitting the open road to explore parts unknown. I love how the combination of punches tells a simple story!
Thanks so much for visiting with us during our Creative Life Scrapbooking 2020 Spring Blog Hop! I’m the last stop on the blog hop today, but you can use any of the links below to revisit the others.
Please use my Creative Memories website link to purchase the materials and tools that I used for my layouts.
Creative Life Scrapbooking Spring 2020 Blog Hop:
Stop 1: Diana from D. Brinsley’s Memory Keeping Blog
Stop 2: Noreen from Organized and Creative Mom
Stop 3: Krista from Scrappin with Krista
Stop 4: Meggan from The Printed Project
Stop 5: Tammy from Photos2Albums
Stop 6: Karyn from Karyn Crops (You are here.)
12 thoughts on “Creative Life Scrapbooking 2020 Spring Blog Hop – Planes and Automobiles Layouts”
Pingback: Creative Life Scrapbooking Spring Blog Hop - S'more Memories
Pingback: Two of My Favourites… – Tammy McEwen – Photos2Albums
You always create such gorgeous and detailed layouts Karyn! I love the layered cloud border and the sweet little vehicles going up and down the mountains! Fantastic!
Oh my gosh! I love the cars on the mountain! So clever!
Thanks, Shelly! It was fun to create 🙂
Thanks much, Noreen! Glad you like them 🙂
I agree with Shelly, what a way to use the car cartridge on the mountains. I will definitely have to remember this. Loved all the pages and borders. Thank you for such detailed instructions.
Thanks much, Donna, for your kind comments! So glad you like my layouts!
These are sooooo super-fun! Amazing! Thank you!
Thanks, Tammy! So glad you like them!
I was wondering how come Creative Memories discontinue their punches and Border Maker Cartridges so often. I often see items displayed with punches and such no longer available.
Hi Debbie – I know it’s frustrating when you see ideas for items that are no longer available. But the new Creative Memories has a much different business model than the old CM. The new model is to keep the product line fresh with new and changing items and not to incur the high expense of expansive warehouse space. The tools are manufactured in China, and a quantity is forecast almost a year in advance and ordered. Some items end up being so popular that they sell out quicker than expected. And our business in general has been growing so fast that sometimes it’s difficult to project quantities many months in advance. Once items are in low quantity, they are moved to the Last Chance section of our website. When that happens with tools, they usually sell out immediately. The Majestic Mountains Border Punch was released in May of 2019, so it was available for a year. We need to think as if we’re purchasing at a retail store. If you see something that you really like, you should purchase it ASAP since it may not be available the next time that you go to shop. So it that regard, I like to think of all of our products as being in limited quantities. You might like to join my private business Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers or sign-up to receive my business emails. I stay in close contact with my clients about new products, specials, and other CM news. I also carry an inventory of items at my home and may have some older sold out items.