Yay! Summer is finally here! And the Electric Summer collection from Creative Memories perfectly captures our elation for the start of the new season. The Electric Summer collection is bright, cheerful and super fun. I’ll be using it to create summer layouts for my grandchildren and also for my lake and beach photos.
Some pieces of the Electric Summer collection are currently sold out, but CM expects them to be back in stock later this month and next.
My first layout features a fun technique to create a scalloped rainbow wave that brings movement to the page. I also used the Hyacinth Dot Pen to add some additional movement and detail to the layout. CM currently has dot pens in three colors, but they are in limited quantity. We’ve been told that CM will be releasing more of these pens in different colors. You’ll find the Hyacinth, Island Coral and Kiwi Dot Pens in the Last Chance section of our website.
To create my layout:
1. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium sized circle from the Circle Cutting Patterns and the Green Blade on the inside edge to cut three circles from six different colors of the Electric Summer Paper. Lightly fold the circles in half to find the center and score. Use your Personal Trimmer to cut the circles in half.
2. Arrange the circles on your background paper as shown above.
3. Use the Hyacinth Dot Pen to add dot details around the upper portion of the layout as shown.
4. Mat and add photos. Journal on a mat from the Electric Summer Variety Mats.
5. Decorate your layout with Electric Summer Layered Embellishments and Electric Summer Stickers using Foam Squares to adhere some .
For my second layout, I used the 12″ Trimmer with the Perforating Blade to add some subtle detail. Although I only used small pieces of the Electric Summer Paper, the layout is bursting with color and fun.
To create my layout:
1. Use the 12″ Trimmer with the Perforating Blade to score/cut your background cardstock 1/4″ from the four edges. Score/cut a second edge 1″ from the outside of the four edges. Press hard enough to get the perforating marks on your cardstock but not hard enough that it cuts all of the way through and separates.
2. Cut 20 strips of Electric Summer Paper to 1/2″ x 1-7/8″. Cut four 1/2″ X 1/2″ squares. Adhere the pieces onto the layout as shown.
3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the largest circle from the Circle Cutting Patterns and the Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a semi-circle from the cloud print paper.
4. Mat photos with Grape Cardstock.
5. Add Electric Summer Stickers and Electric Summer Layered Embellishments as shown using Foam Squares to adhere some.
6. Add dots with the Hyacinth Dot Pen as shown.
7. Cut and add an Electric Summer Variety Mat to use for your journaling.
Some of my croppers like to make seasonal samplers to display on their Wooden Frame Hangers or old Everyday Display Frames. The samplers can also be used as an intro page in an album or as a “filler” page in an album. I designed this summer sampler so it could be used with our without photos. I selected the variety mat as the dominate feature as the saying perfectly captures the spirit of summer for me and brings back memories of my dad singing Summertime to me when I was a young girl.
To make my layout:
1. Cut a hollow frame from a piece of Lily Pad Cardstock from the recent CM Cardstock Buffet. Cut a piece of White Cardstock to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere to the hollow frame.
2. Use the Custom Cutting System with the square cutting pattern from the Rectangle Cutting Patterns and the Green Blade on the inside edge to cut squares from the Electric Summer Paper. Use the Red Blade to cut squares from the Lily Pad Cardstock. Adhere the piece together and to the layout.
3. Mat the Electric Summer Variety Mat with Lily Pad Cardstock.
4. If desired, crop photos to 3″ x 4″, and mat with Lily Pad Cardstock.
5. Use the Original Border Maker System with the new Flip Flop Border Maker Cartridge to punch a border from White Cardstock. Trim the border off of the cardstock at 1-3/16″. Cut into two 3″ pieces. Mat the pieces with 3-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ pieces of Lily Pad Cardstock.
6. Add Electric Summer Stickers adhering with Foam Squares. Add Electric Summer gemstones.
I hope that my layouts have inspired you to add the Electric Summer collection to your CM Wish List. You may purchase the materials and the tools that I used through my CM website link.
Make sure to come back and visit with me next week when I share more Electric Summer layouts!
If you like to participate in virtual crops, you may wish to join me on my private Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers, for a Virtual Beach Party Crop on Friday, June 26th. I’ll be sharing ideas and challenges and offering door prizes! I’ll be using the Electric Summer collection for my samples, but you may use any materials. The fun runs from 6:00-11:00 PM CT. (In order to be eligible to win door prizes, I’m asking that you make a minimum $25 purchase through my website from June 1st – 26th. You can still participate in the fun even if you don’t make a purchase.)