Hello! Thanks so much for blog hopping with the Creative Life Scrapbooking team! We love sharing scrapbooking ideas and inspiration and are so glad that you could join us! To see weekly ideas, please LIKE and FOLLOW us on Facebook.
Today I’m featuring a few more scrapbook layouts that I created with the Vitamin Sea Collection from Creative Memories. This collection is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for beach and tropical photos! I love the shades of blue and green and the lovely addition of coral. Please see my post from July 31st for two more layouts that I created with the Vitamin Sea Collection.
My first layout features the fun Palm Trees Border Punch that was a promotional item from earlier this summer. If you missed out on this promotion, please join my Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers to see info about CM products, specials and my in-person and virtual events. If you’re not on Facebook, please contact me with your email address, and I’m glad to add you to my email list to receive info.
If you don’t have the Palm Trees Border Punch, you can substitute the Sea Shells Border Punch or the Scallop Border Punch . For this layout, I created a frame that draws you into the sand to my perfect spot on the beach. The strips of the botanical print paper and the row of palm trees gives the illusion of being surrounded by a tropical forest afloat in a turquoise sea. Navy Cardstock was a great compliment to this layout and the dark palm trees in my photos.
To make my layout:
1. Cut two pieces of sand paper to 10″ x 9″. Adhere to background paper as shown.
2. Cut strips of the botanical print paper to 11″ x 3/4″ and 3/4″ x 10″. Cut strips of Navy Cardstock to 11″ x 1″ and 1″ x 10″. Layer and adhere the pieces to frame the sand pieces.
3. Using the Palm Trees Border Punch (or Sea Shells Border Punch or Scallop Border Punch) to punch two 11″ borders from Navy Cardstock. Adhere at the tops of the pages as shown.
4. Cut two pieces of Navy Cardstock to 8-1/2″ x 6-1/4″, and mat photos.
5. Use the Custom Cutting System with the Circle Patterns to cut circle pieces from Navy Cardstock, a Vitamin Sea Sticker and the botanical print paper. Add to the top corners to cover your edges.
6. Add Vitamin Sea Embellishments with Foam Squares, and add Vitamin Sea Stickers as shown.
My second layout mimics the look of a tiki hut to highlight some photos of a tropical lunch spot. With a few snips of the scissors, this layout was quick and easy to complete using the beautiful Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishments.
To make my layout:
- Cut two 1/2″ x 10″ strips of rattan print paper and adhere to the sides of the layout as shown.
- Cut a strip of the rattan print paper to 12″ x 2-1/4″. Use scissors to snip the bottom end into small vertical strips. Use Foam Squares to adhere 1″ from the top of the green paper background.
- Adhere the tropical leaves Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment on the top edge of the rattan border. Use Foam Squares to add the tropical flowers Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment on top of the existing border as shown. Add gemstone/rhinestone embellishments from the Vitamin Sea Embellishments to the flower border.
- Cut a Vitamin Sea Variety Mat to add as a journaling box.
- My photos are 6″x 4″ and 4″ x 6″.
The borders in the Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment pack are especially lovely, but you only receive one of each border piece per pack. So if you would like to create borders to run along a double-page layout, you would need to purchase two of the border embellishment packs. With this layout, I show you a way to create a double page layout by using two different border embellishment pieces. One border runs horizontally across the top of the first page, and another border runs vertically down the side of the second page. I also used two different sheets of paper as my backgrounds and different papers for my two borders. But since all of the papers in the Vitamin Sea Paper and Vitamin Sea Tone-on-Tone Papers coordinate, you can easily mix and match like this.
To create my layout:
- Cut a 12″ x 2″ strip for the top border. Cut and adhere a 12″ x 1-1/4″ strip below it, and adhere a Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment piece.
- Cut a Vitamin Sea Variety Mat to make a title piece and mat it with Dark Sea Green Cardstock.
- For the border on the second page, cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip and adhere to the left edge. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip and adhere next to the first strip. Cut a 1-1/8″ x 12″ strip and mat with a 1-1/4″ x 12″ strip of Dark Sea Green Cardstock. Add a Vitamin Sea Laser Border Embellishment.
- Finish your layout with photos, small journaling boxes to fit, and Vitamin Sea Stickers and Embellishments.
As I love it so much, I’ll be purchasing a second set of the Vitamin Sea materials! If you love it too, I would appreciate any purchases that you make using my Creative Memories website link! While on the website, make sure to check out the very lovely Vitamin Sea Embossed Album Cover and Vitamin Sea Fast2Fab Pages!
Please continue on our Creative Life Scrapbooking 2020 Summer Blog Hop, and visit Diana’s blog next. Thanks so much for visiting with me!
Creative Life Scrapbooking Summer2020 Blog Hop:
Stop 1: Noreen from Organized and Creative Mom
Stop 2: Krista from Scrappin with Krista
Stop 3: Meggan from The Printed Project
Stop 4: Tammy from Photos2Albums
Stop 5: Karyn from Karyn Crops(You are here.)
Stop 6: Diana from D. Brinsley’s Memory Keeping Blog
Stop 7: Tessa from Tessa Scrapbooks
Stop 8: Fran from Celebrating Your Beautiful Life
(Please note that you may get a redirect notice when clicking on the link to Fran’s post due to the new Blogger platform. If it pops up, it is safe to click “Ignore” to continue to the post. Thanks!)