As I’m cleaning my scrapping space and getting ready to create fall and Croptoberfest layouts, I came across these travel layouts that I created earlier in the year. They would be great for photos of your summer travels!
But before we look at the layouts, I wanted to remind you about the FREE SHIPPING promotion that Creative Memories is offering now through noon CT on September 9th. With orders of $80+US, you’ll receive FREE SHIPPING. You may wish to order our new Golden Harvest fall collection and Croptoberfest materials that were introduced on Monday along with some new tools.
You might also be interested in joining me for my Virtual Croptoberfest Workshop on Saturday, October 15th. I’ll be using the Essential Customer Croptoberfest Bundle and the new Autumn Leaves Border Punch to create some of my exclusive layouts. These layouts are for personal use, and I’ll only share them with the workshop participants. If you can’t crop along on October 15th, you can still join the event to have access to my instructional videos and printable handouts. Click here for more information and to register.
I used the Wanderlust Collection and the Original Border Maker System with the Chevron Arrows Border Maker Cartridge and the Custom Cutting System with the Jumbo Circle Pattern to create the layout above. There are some great sheets of paper in the Wanderlust collection, and I absolutely adore the stickers and embellishments!
To create my layout:
1. Cut a 1″ hollow frame from a sheet of White Cardstock. Cut a sheet of designer paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-
1/2″ and adhere to the hollow frame.
2. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Chevron Arrows Border Maker Cartridge to punch a
border from White Cardstock. Cut off of the cardstock at 1-1/8″. Adhere the border as shown and
adhere two 1/4″ x 12″ strips of Crimson Cardstock to each edge. (Please note that CM will be retiring
this color along with a few others as it introduces new shades to our cardstock line. See below for more
3. Cut photo mats from White Cardstock that measure: 5-3/4″ x 4-1/4″ and 4-3/4″ x 4-1/4″. Crop photos
to fit. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smallest Circle Pattern and Green Blade on the outside
edge to cut a mat from White Cardstock. Use the Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a photo.
4. Cut a 5″ x 12″ piece from the word print paper. Arrange the paper piece on the bottom right of the
Cutting Mat. Position the Jumbo Circle Pattern so that the inside edge is at the 9″ mark on the right of
the mat and at the 5-1/2″ line on the left of the mat. See photo. Use the Red Blade on the inside edge
to cut a curve.
5. Keeping the piece on the bottom right corner of the mat, position the Jumbo Circle Pattern so the
outside edge is 8-1/8″ on the right and 4″ on the left. See photo. Use the Red Blade on the outside
edge to cut a curve.
6. Adhere the curved “road” piece to the bottom right of the designer paper. Adhere photos as shown.
7. Use the Jumbo Circle Pattern and the Blue and Red Blades on the inside edge to cut a curved piece.
Cut with the Blue Blade first and without moving the pattern, cut again with the Red Blade. Cut the
piece apart into three segments and adhere as shown.
8. Add stickers and embellishments.
I created the layout and the border below for Creative Memories. The layout on the left was published in the 2022 Exclusive NSD Sketch Booklet. The booklet featured a photo of the completed layout along with a sketch of the layout. My border was on the right page was published on the CM Blog on February 8, 2022. Please see the CM Blog post for instructions to create the border.
Below are step-by-step instructions for the layout on the left side.
1. Cut White Cardstock to 10-1/2″ x 10-1/2″ and adhere to the camera designer paper.
2. Use the 12-Inch Decorative Trimmer on the wavy side to cut What a View Paper to 2-3/4″. Trim the strip
to 10-1/4″ taking off equal amounts from both sides of the strip.
3. Use the 12-Inch Decorative Trimmer on the wavy side to cut What a View Paper into a 1″ strip. Trim the
strip to 10-1/4″ taking off equal amounts from both sides of the strip.
4. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Chevron Arrow Border Maker Cartridge to punch the
reverse side of the What a View Paper. Use the 12-Inch Decorative Trimmer to cut off of the paper at 1-
5. Repeat Step 4. but cut the second border off at 1-3/8″.
6. Trim the two border strips to 10-1/4″ taking off equal amounts from both sides of the strips. Make sure
that the wavy edges match with the wavy edges of the strips from Steps 2 and 3.
7. Crop photos to 6″ x 3-1/2″ and 4″ x 3-1/2″.
8. Position and adhere all of the strips and the photos onto the White Cardstock square leaving about a
¼” in-between the designer paper strips.
9. Add embellishments and stickers with Foam Squares.
10. Add journaling to the wavy spaces.
I created my last layout for #BorderMakerMonday with Creative Life Scrapbooking. When I first saw the new Sunshine Arches BMC, I saw WHEELS – bicycle wheels, tractor wheels, monster truck wheels, ATV wheels, etc. It inspired me to create another travel layout also using the Wanderlust Collection.
I’ll be creating and sharing more layouts with our newest collections soon. I hope that you can join me for my Virtual Croptoberfest Workshop. For information and to register, please click here.
Don’t forget that FREE SHIPPING ends on noon CT on September 9th. I appreciate your orders and offer a generous Customer Rewards Program. You can purchase all of the materials and tools that I used through my CM website link.
Creative Memories is adding new colors to our Cardstock line and also retiring a few colors. It is also moving to a uniform cardstock weight of 60lb. Please see below for a chart of colors and dates.