Ho, ho, ho! Happy Holidays! I hope that all of you had a very Merry Christmas! And I’m hoping that we all have a much better New Year!
As you might know, I’m a founding member of Creative Life Scrapbooking. We are a group of eight Creative Memories advisors who for the past five years have shared tons of scrapbooking ideas on Facebook. Weekly we share for #BorderMakerMonday and #FeaturedProjectFriday. We also host quarterly Blog Hops which you’ve seen here on Karyn Crops, and we also host PJ Party virtual crops.
Our next PJ Party virtual crop will be on Friday, January 29th, and we invite you to join us! As we enter our 6th year of hosting PJ Parties, we will be moving the format to Zoom where you’ll be able to interact with us and see step by step demonstrations on how to make six featured scrapbook layouts. We’ll also share two more bonus layouts, photos and printable handouts in a private Facebook group for the PJ Party. For more information and to register, please click here.
As a Christmas gift to our followers, Creative Life Scrapbooking is currently running a 12 Days of Christmas (#CLS12Days) feature on our Facebook page. Each day from December 25th through January 5th, we are sharing a new holiday layout. Joining the 8 CLS team members are 4 very special guest designers. Below is the layout that I created and shared on December 25th for the 1st Day of Christmas.
I used the Christmas Spirit Paper, Embellishments and Stickers from Creative Memories to create my layout. With images of Santa, elves and reindeer, this is a super fun Christmas collection! The Christmas Spirit Embellishments and Laser Cut Border Embellishments are especially cute!
To Make My Layout:
1. Cut hollow frames from two sheets of Crimson Cardstock leaving a 1″ edge.
2. Cut wood patterned paper to 11-3/4″ x 11-1/2″, and adhere to the Crimson Cardstock frames.
3. From designer paper, cut squares that measure: 3″x3″, 4″x4″, 5″x5″, 6″x6″ and 7″x7″.
4. From White Cardstock, cut squares that measure: 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″, 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″, 5-1/4″ x 5-1/4″, 6-1/4″ x 6-1/4″ and 7-1/4″ x 7-1/4″.
5. From the top center of each square, cut diagonally to the bottom right and left corners to create triangles.
6. Use the Custom Cutting System with the largest Oval Pattern and Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a sloping edge on the bottoms of the triangle pieces. Adhere the patterned triangles to the cardstock triangles.
7. Cut a 3″x3″ square from Brown Cardstock, and trim into a triangle to make the tree trunk.
8. Assemble tree using Foam Squares to adhere the layers.
9. Use the Train Tracks Border Punch to punch a piece from Brown Cardstock, and trim with scissors to create a small step ladder. Or create a small ladder using small strips of cardstock.
10. From Crimson Cardstock, cut the following pieces: 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″, 12″ x 6-1/4″, (2) 4-1/4″ x 1-1/4″, and (2) 12″ x 1-1/4″.
11. From music print paper, cut the following pieces: (2) 4″x1″, (2) 11-3/4″ x 1″. Adhere to the Crimson Cardstock strips.
12. Assemble and adhere pieces on layout as shown.
13. Using scissors, fussy cut the scroll piece journaling box from a variety mat. Cut in half and adhere as shown.
14. Add embellishments and stickers using Foam Squares as shown.
Below is another layout that I recently shared to Creative Life Scrapbooking for #BorderMakerMonday. I used the Original Border Maker System from Creative Memories to jazz up a simple Christmas tree made from strips of paper. I also used the Songbirds Border Punch to add a few partridges in my pear tree! This is a fun layout that assembles quickly. To top off my tree, I added a hand-tied paper bow. The designer paper and embellishments are from the Merry Blooms collection from our Black Friday Promotion.
To Make My Layout:
1. Cut a 3/8” x 10-1/2” strip from Rich Brown Cardstock to use as the tree trunk.
2. Cut strips from a variety of designer paper in varying widths and heights. My strips from top down are: 2-1/2” x ½”; 3-1/2” x ½”; 4-1/4” x 6/8”; 5” x ½”; 5-1/2” x 6/8”; and 6” x ½”.
3. Punch borders using border punches and the Original Border Maker System with a variety of border maker cartridges. My borders are: Songbirds Border Punch 3-1/2”; Christmas Stockings Chain 5-1/2; and Ruffle Trim 6”.
4. Add a star with a Foam Square.
5. Wrap a very thin 1/16” strip of cardstock, around two of your fingers to make loops. Using another thin strip of paper, carefully tie a knot in the center. Pull as tight as you can without tearing your paper. You will have better results with thinner paper. Adhere the bow with a Foam Square.
6. My photo mats are 4-1/4” x 4-1/4” and 4-1/4” x 6-1/4”.
My last layout for today is one that I shared with my own private Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers. On Karyn’s Croppers, I share info about Creative Memories products, specials and my own events. Earlier in the month, I held a virtual class to assemble the Under the Tree Tag Kit from CM. I also taught how to use the tags to make the layout below. Please join Karyn’s Croppers on Facebook if you would like to participate in my events and see more scrapbooking ideas.
The adorable tags and twine are part of the Under the Tree Tag Kit that is still available to purchase through my Creative Memories website link. The sheet of background paper is from the Merry Blooms Paper that was a promotional item for our Black Friday special. My bow is constructed from Scarlet Cardstock.
To Create the Bow:
Most of the items that I used for these layouts can be purchased through my Creative Memories website link.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday season, and I hope to see you at our Creative Life Scrapbooking PJ Party virtual crop on January 29th!