Typically National Scrapbook Day is celebrated on May 6th. But this year, my scrapping buddies and I are celebrating with a workshop on April 28th and 29th. To celebrate the event, Creative Memories produced an exclusive National Scrapbook Day Kit that is only available directly from a CM advisor. The kit contains paper and stickers in shades of purple, green and teal and comes with instructions for 4 different two-page layouts.
However, I used the kit to create my own floral inspired layouts using our new Cherry Blossom Punch and a few other tools. I also added some White, Black and Peacock Cardstock that helped to temper all of the bright colors and patterns of the designer paper.
This first page is ready for a group photo of my friends attending my National Scrapbook workshop. In addition to the Cherry Blossom Punch, I also used our new 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch, Leaf Trip Punch, and Original Border Maker System with Scallop Dot Cartridge.
- From White Cardstock, cut two strips to 12” x 1-1/2” and adhere to top and bottom of decorative paper.
- From Eggplant Cardstock, use Border Maker with Scallop Dot Cartridge to punch two borders. Cut off of your cardstock at 1”. Adhere to the bottom and top of your white strips respectively.
- Cut a 12” x 2” strip of decorative paper, and adhere to the bottom of the page as shown.
- From White Cardstock, cut a 7-1/4” x 5-1/4” photo mat. Adhere photo mat to page with random pieces of Black, Peacock and Eggplant Cardstock behind it. See photo.
- Cut a 2-3/8” x 4” piece from Black Cardstock and notch top ends with 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. Cut a 2” x 3-1/2” piece from White Cardstock and notch top ends and punch hole with 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch.
- From decorative paper, Peacock, White and Black Cardstock, make a variety of flowers using Cherry Blossom Punch, small flower and small circle punches.
- Add pen detail to flowers and faux pen stitching as shown.
My second page is ready for photos from my garden. I just filled my window boxes with pretty annuals and will get a nice photo once they fill out some.
- From black cardstock, use Argyle Punch to punch a border.
- Cut a 9-1/4” x 8-1/2” piece of black cardstock.
- Cut two 4-1/4” x 6-1/4” pieces from purple decorative paper and two 4” x 6” pieces from White Cardstock. Assemble for photo mats.
- Cut two 4-5/8” x 2” pieces from green decorative paper, and cut ends at an angle as shown to make window boxes.
- Assemble page as shown. Adhere window boxes with Foam Squares.
- Adorn window boxes with pieces punched from White Cardstock with the Garden Vine Punch and small flowers. Adhere flowers with Foam Squares.
- Make three larger flowers using Cherry Blossom Punch and Leaf Trio Punch.
- Add pen detail as shown, and add a title with Black ABC/123 Stickers.
My last layout is a two-page spread that will be perfect for photos of my granddaughter, Mother’s Day, or a spring bridal shower.
- Cut six strips from decorative paper to 11-1/2” x 1-½” and notch one end of each into a ribbon edge. Adhere ½” from bottom of pages.
- Cut three photo mats from Peacock Cardstock to 4-1/4” x 6-1/4”. Cut 3 pieces from decorative paper to 4-1/4” x ½”. Add to pages as shown.
- From Eggplant, White and Black Cardstock and decorative paper, make a variety of flowers using Cherry Blossom Punch, Leaf Trio Punch and small flower and circle punches. Add detail to flowers with black pen.
- To make journal box, cut a 3” x 4-1/2” peacock piece and a 2-3/4” x 4-1/4” white piece. Notch ends with 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. Add faux pen stitching.
- Add title with Black ABC/123 Stickers.
I hope that you’re able to attend a National Scrapbook Day workshop near you! Please contact me if you would like to purchase this year’s exclusive National Scrapbook Day or any of the other items that I used.
2 thoughts on “Floral Scrapbooking Layouts”
Looking forward to the weekend and making these beautiful pages!
Me too! So glad that you like the pages! These will be perfect for your beautiful garden photos!