Hello and welcome to our Creative Life Scrapbooking’s Spring Blog Hop! We’re so glad that you’re hopping with us today and hope that you’re getting inspired by what you see.
I’m absolutely in love with the new Woodland Whimsy Baby Boy and Baby Girl Collections from Creative Memories. In fact, they might be my favorite collections yet. Although they are being promoted as baby collections, the paper and some of the embellishments and stickers are neutral enough to be used for almost any kind of scrapbook page. (Please visit my website to see the entire collection and purchase any of the items.)
Today I’m sharing an Easter layout and a Mother’s Day card that I created with the Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Paper and Stickers and tools from Creative Memories. As soon as I saw the colors in this collection, I knew that they would be perfect for last year’s Easter photos. I’m a sucker for wood-grained or wood-paneled paper, and this collection has two gorgeous sheets with a deer motif. Although not inherently Easter-inspiring, I just had to use this sheet for my layout.
I love making pretty pages, and this layout has a lot of beautiful detail. I enlarged the signature photo to 5″ x 7″ and drew further attention to it with a faux grapevine wreath cut from three shades of brown cardstock. The fence-like border at the bottom ties the pages together and also brings some of the wood-paneled paper to the first page. To create movement and more cohesion, I repeated the garden vine embellishments in three spots. Lastly, the yellow daffodils made with our new Cherry Blossom Punch and Embossed Trio Button Punch add a final bright spring touch to the layout.
To make this layout, you’ll need:
Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Paper
Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Stickers
Woodland Whimsy Baby Embellishments
Watercolor Green ABC/123 Stickers
Yellow paper (I used yellow paper from the new CM Fur Buddies Paper Pack.)
Brown Cardstock in three shades
White and Evergreen Cardstock
Custom Cuttting System with old CM Jumbo Circle Pattern
Original Border Maker System with Lace Scallop Cartridge and Zig Zag Cartridge
Garden Vine Punch
Cherry Blossom Punch
Embossed Trio Button Punch
Repositionable Tape Refill
Brown Dual-Tip Pen
(Please visit my website to purchase any of these items.)
- Cut the deer paper to 7″ x 12″ and cut a sheet of the light green paper to 5.5″ x 12″. Adhere the deer paper to the light green paper making sure to end up with a 12″ x 12″ piece.
- The borders were made with 1-1/2″ high strips of wood paper edged with layered cardstock and paper borders punched with the border maker system and zig zag cartridge. From white cardstock, use border maker and lace scallop cartridge to punch borders and adhere the sticker strips. Adhere this piece to the wood border with foam squares.
- Cut three hollow rings from the solid brown cardstock (I used three different shades.) using the old CM jumbo circle cutting pattern. Use the green blade on the inside edge to cut first and without moving the cutting pattern, cut again with the red blade on the inside edge.
- Punch vines from the dark green paper and solid evergreen cardstock. Layer the dark green pieces on top of the solid evergreen pieces.
- Make daffodils with the cherry blossom punch and embossed trio button punch. Slightly fold the petals to give some dimension. Adhere the flowers with foam squares.
- Mat photos with a narrow white mat and a larger mat from peach plaid paper.
- Assemble page as shown and add pen detail and journaling.
- The arrow for my title is from the embellishment pack. I adhered the bunny and mushroom stickers with foam squares.
For my second project, I made a Mother’s Day card from the same materials. The basket card opens up to reveal a bookmark and a bouquet of paper flowers.
My bookmark measures 2-3/4″ x 5-1/4″. I notched the ends and punched the hole with our new CM 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. The flower was made with our Cherry Blossom, Daisy and Embossed Trio Button Punches. I adhered the flower and stickers with foam squares.
To make the basket, cut a sheet of brown cardstock to 4-1/2″ x 12″ and fold in half to make a 4-1/2″ x 6″ piece. Keeping the fold on the bottom, cut around the top part of the piece using our Custom Cutting System with the 4″ x 6″ oval pattern and blue blade on the outside edge. Without moving the pattern, cut around the pattern with the red blade on the outside edge to make the handle of the basket. With straight trimmer, cut across the top of the basket to reveal the handles as shown below. Trim the sides of the piece if needed to match up the handles with the sides of the basket.
I embellished the front of my basket with a mat from the Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Variety Mat Pack and paper flowers. I added more flowers to the inside of the card as shown in the photo above. This would make a cute Mother’s Day, Birthday, Shower or Graduation card.
The next stop on the hop is Lisa at Lisa’s Workshop.
Stefani at CropWithStef
Fran at CelebratingYourBeautifulLife
Noreen at OrganizedAndCreativeMom
Candace at Scrappin’Jpegs
Karyn at KarynCrops (You Are Here.)
Lisa at Lisa’sWorkshop
Diana at D.Brinsley’sMemoryKeepingBlog