Have I mentioned that I absolutely love the Woodland Whimsy Baby Boy and Baby Girl Collections from Creative Memories? So far, I’ve used up two complete collections but haven’t yet scrapped a baby page! I love the colors and prints – and of course the darling woodland creatures.
This first layout uses paper from both the Woodland Whimsy Baby Boy and Baby Girl Collections. It also completes my Easter photos from last year. If you scroll down to my blog post from April 5th, you’ll see my first Easter layout. If you don’t have the heart cutting templates, you can substitute circles for an equally cute result.
- Cut two sheets of light beige paper to 11-1/2” x 11-1/2”. Using 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch, punch two corners on each page taking notice of direction of paper pattern. The notched ends with be the four outside corners. Cut out centers of two sheets of Evergreen Cardstock leaving at least a 1” frame on each side. Adhere beige pieces to evergreen pieces.
- Use Custom Cutting System with old Heart Cutting Pattern or small Circle Cutting Pattern to cut 9 hearts/circles from white cardstock. Use red blade on the outside edge.
- From assortment of paper from both the Woodland Whimsy Baby Boy and Baby Girl Paper packs, cut 1” strips. Adhere strips to the hearts/circles at a slight angle leaving 1/8” in-between strips. Trim off excess with scissors. Try to use the same angle on all pieces. Add faux stitching as shown. Cut two hearts/circles in half.
- Mat photos with Whimsy paper. My photos are 7”x5” and 3-1/4”x5”.
- Assemble page with hearts and photos.
- With pencil trace around the heart/circle template. Add faux stitching with black pen, and erase any remaining pencil marks. Add journaling.
- Add arrow epoxy embellishments and die cut embellishments with Foam Squares.
My second layout shows how the Woodland Whimsy Baby Boy Collection can be used for outdoor photos. The tags on this layout were made with CM’s new 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. This layout and the one above were featured during the Pajama Party hosted by Creative Life Scrapbooking on April 28th.
- Use two sheets of beige cardstock as the base of your pages.
- Cut two pieces of plaid patter to 12” x 1-1/4” and two pieces of orange paper to 12” x 1-1/2”. Cut two pieces of fox paper to 1” x 12” and two pieces of orange paper to 1-1/4” x 12”. Layer pieces as shown and adhere to pages.
- Cut two pieces of orange paper to 6” x 8-3/4” and notch the outside corners of each piece with the 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. Adhere to pages as shown
- Cut two photo mats from dark green paper to 4-1/4” x 4-1/4” and notch all corners with 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch.
- Make 4 tag pieces from beige cardstock and orange paper. My orange pieces are 2-1/2” wide. Notch corners and make holes with 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch.
- Punch leaves with Leaf Trio Punch and adhere to pages with stickers. I used foam squares on the fox and orange mushroom stickers.
- Use brown pen to add detail.
My next page was recently featured during the May Page Sketch Challenge on the Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook page. It’s another fine example of how well the baby boy collection can be used for outdoor photos. The borders on the top and bottom were punched with Creative Memories’ Original Border Maker System with Circle Weave Cartridge.
This last page was shared on the CM Blog during Creative Memories’ recent NSD Virtual Crop. The banner was made with the Leaf Trio Punch and Decorative Trimmer from Creative Memories. I have tons of hiking photos and look forward to scrapping more pages using the Woodland Whimsy Baby Boy Collection.
I hope that I’ve inspired you to give the Woodland Whimsy Collections a try! You can purchase any of the tools or materials used on these pages on my CM website.