Hello! Today I’m sharing another layout made with the Electric Summer collection and the new Flip Flop Border Maker Cartridge from Creative Memories.
The Electric Summer collection has been a hot seller for Creative Memories and many of the pieces are currently out of stock. But they will be returning, so make sure to get this on your Wish List. To create a Wish List, log into your CM account and instead of adding an item to your cart, click on the link to add to your Wish List. When you are logged into your account, you can see your account information, past and current orders and your Wish List by clicking on the drop down arrow at the top of the page near your name and clicking on My Account. The Flip Flop Border Maker Cartridge is also out-of-stock but will be returning in September.
My layout below features a decorative twist on a chevron border. I started with a border that I punched using the Original Border Maker System and the Flip Flop Border Cartridge and then cut the border into diagonal pieces to make a chevron pattern. Although my photos are from a lake and not a beach, I decided to use the title sticker and the palm tree embellishment anyway. “Life’s a Beach” perfectly captures our feelings when we’re cruising and floating on the lake.
To make my layout:
- Cut a hollow frame from a piece of Lily Pad Cardstock (from the recent CM Cardstock Buffet), and adhere an 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ piece of White Cardstock.
- Use the Custom Cutting System with the old Jumbo Circle Cutting Pattern and Red Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from Electric Summer Paper. Trim the circle, and adhere as shown.
- Use the Original Border Maker System with the Flip Flops Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from two pieces of the Electric Summer Paper. (You will use both sides of your punched pieces.)
- Place the border pieces onto your 12″ Trimmer along the 45 degree mark and cut in-between the pairs of flip flop as shown. If there’s not much space between your pairs of flip flops, turn your border over to the other side and try cutting from that side. There will be more space between the pairs on one side of the paper verses the other side of the paper. After you cut, keep moving your border up along the 45 degree line to make your next cut. Your top and bottom pieces won’t be usable as they will only have one 45 degree edge. You will end up with pieces that resemble the second photo below.
5. To create a chevron pattern, alternate the sides of the border pieces. For example, the blue/purple pieces are from one sheet of paper. So I first used the blue side and then I next used with the purple side.
6. Mat photos with 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ Lily Pad Carstock pieces.
7. Add Electric Summer Layered Embellishments and Gemstones and Electric Summer Stickers adhering some with Foam Squares. Add faux stitching and journaling with a Black Dual-Tip Pen.
Here’s a video demonstration of how to make the chevron border. I originally shared this video with my Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers. In the video, I mention the Virtual Beach Party Crop that I’m holding on Friday, June 26th on Karyn’s Croppers. I hope that you can join us for some scrappy fun!
For more information about the tools and materials that I used, please see my Creative Memories website link.
Thanks much for visiting with me today, and stay tuned for Electric Summer Scrapbook Layouts – Part 3 coming on Friday!
2 thoughts on “Electric Summer Scrapbook Layouts – Part 2”
Man, I just can’t get enough of your layouts! You are seriously the best scrapbooker I’ve ever seen in my entire life! And I have high standards!
Sent from my iPhone
Aww! Thank you so much, Alisa, for your kind comment! You just made my day. Thank you! 🙂