Hi! I’m back with more Electric Summer layouts! This collection from Creative Memories just puts me in a happy mood! Once I started scrapping with it, I couldn’t stop!
There’s a lot happening in my first layout, but that’s okay. The busy layout expresses all of the fun that we were having that day. The Electric Summer Stickers and Electric Summer Layered Embellishments are super fun and really make this layout!
To make my layout:
1. Use the Custom Cutting System with the largest circle from the Circle Cutting Patterns and the Blue Blade on the outside edge to cut two circles from Electric Summer Paper. Center the cutting pattern on top of the circles and use the Green Blade to cut thin hollow circles. Layer and adhere the pieces onto a sheet of White Cardstock.
2. Crop photos to 4″ x 4″ and mat with 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ pieces of Electric Summer Paper. Adhere photos to the layout as shown.
3. Add a variety of Electric Summer Stickers and Electric Summer Layered Embellishments and Gemstones as shown. Use Foam Squares to adhere some of the pieces.
4. Add faux stitching and journaling with a Black Dual-Tip Pen.
My second layout was an exercise in total frustration for me! It’s also a great testament to the Recipe Templates from Creative Memories! The Recipe Templates make is super simple to create mosaic-type layouts. All you need to do is trace, cut and tape, and all of the angles and measurements are figured out for you. We currently have two different Recipe Templates available to purchase, and you can see them through my CM website link.
I wanted to create a diagonally orientated layout that spread across two pages. I laid out all of my pieces, marked and cut them. But they didn’t fit back together perfectly after they were cut. The end result looks pretty good, but my white cardstock pieces ended up a little short for me.
To create my layout:
1. Punch borders from Electric Summer Paper using the Scallop Burst Border Punch and the Original Border Maker System with the Cloud and Flip Flops Border Maker Cartridges. I used the Tahitian Blue Cardstock from the most recent Creative Memories Cardstock Buffet for my flip flop borders and background pieces.
2. Lay your photos and border pieces on top of White Cardstock at an angle. Cut the pieces to fit.
3. After your pieces are cut and adhered, cut the White Cardstock pieces to fit on top of Tahitian Blue Cardstock.
4. Embellish your layout with Electric Summer Variety Mats and Stickers. Adhere some of the pieces with Foam Squares.
Thanks so much for visiting with me today! And please check out my Creative Memories website link for any CM tools or materials that you may wish to purchase. From now until noon CT on June 30th or while supplies last, CM is offering a Punch Promo! With any $125 purchase, you will receive either your choice of the Grasslands Border Punch or the Sun Punch for FREE!