I had fun playing with my Creative Memories tools and the new Hello, Autumn Paper and Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper to create a few fall borders. For my first layout, used the new Apple Chain Border Maker Cartridge and two of my favorite border punches – the Branch Border Punch and the Songbirds Border Punch to create a tree branch full of apples and black crows.
I hope that you were able to purchase the Branch Border Punch last year as it is no longer available. I love how the Branch Border Punch can be used to create borders for all four seasons of the year! If you search my blog, you’ll find several different ideas for using it. If you love the Songbirds Border Punch, I recommend purchasing it sooner than later as it’s been in our product line for about a year now. I also used the new Arch Frame Border Punch – which is quickly becoming a new favorite of mine.
I love how the new Arch Frame Border Punch can be used in many different ways! (Please view my video below.) I also love how it can more easily be used for masculine layouts than some of our other punches. The punch creates a shape that is similar to that of our Medallion Frame Chain Border Maker Cartridge, and borders created with these two tools can be used together for a nice affect.
Arch Frame Border Punch Demo Video
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut a 12″ x 2-1/2″ strip from Hello, Autumn Paper.
2. Use the Arch Frame Border Punch to punch a border from Crimson Cardstock. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Medallion Frame Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch a border from Crimson Cardstock. Layer these pieces as shown, and adhere to a sheet of Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper.
3. Cut two 12″ x 1/4″ strips from Crimson Cardstock, and adhere to the seams of the borders.
4. Use the Branch Border Punch to punch a border from Brown Cardstock.
5. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Apple Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from Crimson Cardstock and Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper (dark green plaid). With scissors, cut out individual apples from both border pieces and layer.
6. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch birds from Black Cardstock.
7. Use the retired Leaf Trio Punch to punch leaves from Hello, Autumn Paper and Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper. Crease the leaves slightly to create dimension.
8. Adhere the apples, birds and leaves to the border using Foam Squares to adhere some.
9. My photo mats are: 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″, and the mat for my journaling box is 6-1/4″ x 1-3/4″. My journaling box is 1/8″ smaller than the mat is cut from the new White Lined Paper.
10. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Infinity Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch a border from Crimson Cardstock. Adhere to the bottom of the layout.
11. Add a final embellishment of songbirds and leaves to the bottom corner. Add a title from the Hello, Autumn Stickers.
For my second layout, I paired the Apple Chain Border Maker Cartridge with the Train Tracks Border Punch to create a fall fence row against an autumn moon. Just for fun, I added a few more black crows to complete the border piece. The background paper is from the Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper and the leaf patterned paper is from the Hello, Autumn Paper.
For this layout, I also used the Marigold Cardstock that was part of CM’s Cardstock Buffet this past spring. Once a quarter, CM offers a Cardstock Buffet of unique shades of cardstock that will coordinate with up-coming collections. I highly recommend purchasing this extra cardstock whenever it’s available.
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut a 12″ x 3/4″ strip of leave print paper, and adhere to the top of the page.
2. Cut a 12″ x 1/4″ strip of Crimson Cardstock and adhere over the seam of the leaf border and the background paper.
3. Use the Train Tracks Border Punch to punch a border from Brown Cardstock.
4. Use the Custom Cutting System and the largest Circle Cutting Pattern and the Red Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from Marigold Cardstock.
5. Position the train track/fence piece about 1″ down from the crimson strip, and position the marigold circle behind it. Adhere the pieces.
6. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Apple Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch borders from Leaf Green Cardstock, Crimson Cardstock and Marigold Cardstock. With scissors, cut off the leaves and stems from the crimson border and layer on top of the leaf green border. Use scissors to cut out individual marigold apples and adhere on top of crimson apples. Adhere apple border to the bottom of your fence piece.
7. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch birds from Black Cardstock. Adhere birds with Foam Squares.
8. Add a title from the Hello, Autumn Stickers with Foam Squares.
9. Cut a piece of leaf print paper to 11″ x 7-1/2″. Cut photo mats to 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″ from Crimson Cardstock. Adhere pieces as shown.
10. Use the Hello, Autumn Journaling Template to trace a small apple piece from Marigold and Leaf Green Cardstocks. Cut out with scissors. Adhere with Foam Squares and add black songbirds.
Thanks so much for visiting with me today for Border Maker Monday with Creative Life Scrapbooking! Please note that Creative Memories is offering a promo beginning today at noon CT (Monday, September 21st) through September 29th at noon CT. With a $125 purchase, you’ll receive your choice of one of two FREE border punches! Please place your orders through my my Creative Memories website link.