Happy fall, y’all! Last week was the official beginning of the fall season, and it’s beginning to feel a bit like fall at my house. It’s getting darker earlier, it’s been cooler, the sumac are starting to turn color, and there’s that undeniable feeling of fall in the air. With the change of each season, I like to change out the display on my old Everyday Display Frame from the old Creative Memories.
Creative Memories currently has a display item in our product line called the Wooden Frame Hanger. The Wooden Frame Hanger has a top and bottom wooden bar into which you can place layouts. The top bar is attached to a gold chain that can be hung on your wall. It’s a modern and streamlined look that is great for your home, office, or scrapbook room.
I typically hold an in-person workshop with my croppers to make a seasonal sampler page that we can hang on our displays. They’re fun to make and can include photos or not. A few years ago, I even shared a few on the CM Blog. You can use the search function on the CM Blog and the search function on my blog here to search for past samplers.
In addition to using as displays and home décor items, the single page samplers make great introductory pages for a scrapbook album and great fillers when you end up with a blank page in your album. They can also easily be adapted to add photos. Above and below I share examples of the same sampler without photos and with spaces for photos. Just add photos to the gold photo mats. Also notice the pen detail on this page. The faux stitching really adds a lot and gives the page the look of a cozy fall quilt.
For my fall sampler this year, I used the Hello, Autumn Tone on Tone Paper, Variety Mats and Stickers. I also used a fun combination of our CM tools.
To make my sampler layout:
1. Use the 12″ Trimmer to cut out a 9″ x 9″ square from the center of a piece of Hello, Autumn Tone on Tone Paper. Cut the 9″ x 9″ piece into six 3″ x 3″ squares.
2. Use the Arch Frame Border Punch to punch around the perimeter of a 12″x 12″ sheet of Brown Cardstock, and adhere the piece to the hollow frame of the tone on tone paper.
3. From Marigold Cardstock (from the last CM Cardstock Buffet), cut six 3-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ mats.
4. From Hello, Autumn Variety Mats, cut 3″ x 3″ squares and cut in half on the diagonal. Adhere to the plaid square pieces, and then adhere to the marigold mats.
5. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Infinity Border Maker Cartridge to punch a border from Marigold Cardstock, and cut off two 3″ segments.
6. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch a border from Brown Cardstock, and cut apart into two 3″ segments.
7. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Apple Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch two borders from Marigold Cardstock.
8. With your scissors, fussy cut the round leave piece from a Hello, Autumn Variety Mat. Add a title from the Hello, Autumn Stickers.
9. Assemble and adhere pieces as shown. Adhere the title piece with Foam Squares.
10. Use a Brown Dual-Tip Pen to add faux stitching to the pieces as shown.
All of the materials and tools that I used can be purchased through my CM website link. The current Punch Promo has been extended until noon CT on Friday, October 2nd! With a $125 purchase, you get your choice of either the exclusive (not available for purchase) Gifts Border Punch or the exclusive Heart Heart Heart Border Punch for FREE! Your purchase of $50+ will also get you entered into my $100 Quarterly Shopping Spree Give-Away!
I’m hosting a virtual weekend of scrapping fun on October 23rd – 25th and would LOVE for you to join us! I’ll be creating a private Facebook group for the event where I’ll share demonstration videos, challenges, door prize opportunities and CM products at special pricing. There will be lots of inspiration and sharing and even a fun game or two. I’ll also be teaching page classes and hosting Scrap & Chat sessions through Zoom. The page classes will be recorded and will include a handout, so you can make the layouts at your leisure. There is a $25 fee to participate. To register, just pay your fee using my Pay Pal link below. I’ll be using the Croptoberfest Bundle and the Hello, Autumn Decorative Bundle for the pages that I share during the event. It’s not mandatory for you to use these items. But if you would like your layouts to look like mine, you may wish to purchase them. Please use my CM website link for your purchases.
Thanks much for visiting with me today, and I hope that you can participate in my Virtual Croptoberfest Weekend Retreat on October 23rd-25th!