I LOVE the first snowfall of the year! We typically don’t get much snow at our home, so we’re always excited when it falls. We live in a wooded area, and the trees in our yard are so beautiful with a dusting of snow. The snow usually doesn’t last long, so we need to be quick with the camera. The very beautiful Winter Woods Collection from Creative Memories is perfect for creating lovely winter layouts! I love the woodsy theme and the soft shades of green, brown and white. The Winter Woods Stickers, Laser Cut Borders and Foiled Embellishments are absolutely gorgeous with winter greenery, woodland creatures with touches of gold foil. You can see and purchase the Winter Woods Collection through my Creative Memories website link.
For my first layout, I created a mason jar snow globe to use as a decorative embellishment piece. I used a Winter Woods Variety Mat for the center of my snow globe and a Winter Woods Laser Cut Border for the title across the top of my layout. If you like my mason jar snow globe, you might also like the mason jar layout that I created for National Scrapbook Day this year. Please see my post from August 7th for that layout.
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut a hollow frame from a sheet of Brown Cardstock for the background.
2. Cut a sheet of Winter Woods Paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere to the background.
3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smaller of the Rectangle Cutting Patterns and Green Blade on the outside edge to cut a rectangle from White Shimmer Cardstock. Use the same pattern and the Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a Winter Woods Variety Mat. Outline the variety mat piece using a Brown Dual-Tip Pen.
4. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smaller of the Rectangle Cutting Patterns and Red Blade on the outside edge to cut two partial rectangles from White Shimmer Cardstock. Tear the tops of the cardstock pieces to create snowdrifts for the inside of your snow globe.
5. To create the lid, cut a 2-1/2″ x 1″ rectangle from Platinum Shimmer Cardstock. Use your scissors to slightly round the corners. Draw lines with a Brown Dual-Tip Pen.
6. Create a raffia bow by wrapping a very thin 1/16” strip of Brown Cardstock around two of your fingers to make loops. Using another thin strip of paper, carefully tie a knot in the center. Pull as tight as you can without tearing your paper. You will have better results with thinner paper. Adhere the bow with a Foam Square. Add Winter Woods Foil Embellishments to the snow globe.
7. Tie thin 1/16″ strips of Brown Cardstock through the holes in the Laser Cut Border title piece and adhere to the page.
8. From Brown Cardstock, cut 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ photo mats.
9. Cut a Winter Woods Variety Mat to use as a small journaling box.
My second layout is a new version of a simple tree layout that I shared earlier this week with Creative Life Scrapbooking on Facebook. My first version was a Christmas tree in bright colors. I loved the layout so much that I wanted to recreate it as a woodland tree. This is a quick and fun layout, and you can use a variety of different papers, Border Punches, and Border Maker Cartridges for different effects. You can also use stickers for some of your strips!
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut a hollow frame from a sheet of Brown Cardstock.
2. Cut a sheet of Winter Woods Paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere to the frame.
3. Cut a 3/8” x 10-1/2” strip from Brown Cardstock to use as the tree trunk.
4. Cut strips from a variety of designer paper in varying widths and heights. My strips from top down are: 2-1/2” x ½”; 3-1/2” x ½”; 4-1/4” x 6/8”; 5” x ½”; 5-1/2” x 6/8”; and 6” x ½”.
5. Punch borders using Border Punches and the Original Border Maker System with a variety of Border Maker Cartridges. My borders are: Songbirds Border Punch 3-1/2”; old Winter Vine Border Punch 5-1/2; and old Winter Vine Border Punch 6”.
6. Punch and add a star with a Foam Square.
7. Wrap a very thin 1/16” strip of cardstock, around two of your fingers to make loops. Using another thin strip of paper, carefully tie a knot in the center. Pull as tight as you can without tearing your paper. You will have better results with thinner paper. Adhere the bow with a Foam Square.
8. My photo mats are 4-1/4” x 6-1/4” and 4-1/4” x 4-1/4”.
You may purchase the Winter Woods Collection, the Custom Cutting System and Patterns, and the Songbirds Border Punch through my Creative Memories website link.
I hope that you’re able to experience a beautiful snowfall this winter! Thanks much for visiting with me today!