Hello and welcome to the fourth week of my Home-Bound Throw-Down challenge! I’m still using the Spring Medley collection from Creative Memories and really loving the fresh shades of blue and green. Plus there’s a nice mix of small, large and tonal patterns.
I was inspired by the title “Living our best life right now” on the Variety Mat. So I created a layout to document the ways that my husband and I are staying busy during the Covid-19 pandemic. I was even able to persuade my husband to do his own journaling! I added the “Rain or Shine” sticker to the “Love Grows” embellishment as it reminds me of our wedding vows, “for better for worse, in times of sickness or health…“.
To create my layout:
1. Use the Custom Cutting System with the smaller heart from the Gemstones Cutting Patterns to cut 5 hearts from patterned paper using the Green Blade on the outside edge. Use the Red Blade on the outside edge to cut 3 hearts from light print paper, and adhere to three of the larger patterned hearts.
2. Cut your photo and Variety Mat to 3″ x 3-3/4″. Cut photo mats to 3-1/4″ x 4″. Adhere.
3. Add journaling, embellishments and stickers as shown.
My next layout is simply a pretty page that features the new Spring Leaf Chain Border Maker Cartridge and Baroque Border Punch. And I also used our new Dark Sea Green Cardstock. For some of my past layouts, I used Navy Cardstock with the Spring Medley collection. Cloud, Peacock, Beige and White Cardstock also look nice with this collection.
To make my layout:
1. Cut six strips that measure 2″ x 6″ and adhere onto a 12″x 12″ sheet of designer paper.
2. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Spring Leaf Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch 3 borders from Dark Sea Green Cardstock and cut in half at 6″. Adhere these pieces in-between the strips.
3. From Dark Sea Green Cardstock, use the Baroque Border Punch to punch a border and adhere at the bottom of the strips. Add a sticker strip to the top of the border piece.
4. Add 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ photo mats from White Cardstock.
5. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium sized Circle Pattern and the Red Blade on the inside edge to cut a circular journaling box.
6. Add stickers and embellishments with Foam Squares as shown.
You can purchase any of the materials and tools that I used on my Creative Memories website.
Make sure to check out the PJ Party virtual crop hosted on Facebook by Creative Life Scrapbooking today (April 24th)! The fun begins at 4:00 EDT time, and I’m hosting the second hour.
I’ll be back next week with two more Home-Bound Throw-Down challenges! Take care until then!