Have I mentioned that I absolutely love the Woodland Whimsy Baby Boy and Baby Girl Collections from Creative Memories? So far, I’ve used up two complete collections but haven’t yet scrapped a baby page! I love the colors and prints – and of course the darling woodland creatures.
This first layout uses paper from both the Woodland Whimsy Baby Boy and Baby Girl Collections. It also completes my Easter photos from last year. If you scroll down to my blog post from April 5th, you’ll see my first Easter layout. If you don’t have the heart cutting templates, you can substitute circles for an equally cute result.
- Cut two sheets of light beige paper to 11-1/2” x 11-1/2”. Using 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch, punch two corners on each page taking notice of direction of paper pattern. The notched ends with be the four outside corners. Cut out centers of two sheets of Evergreen Cardstock leaving at least a 1” frame on each side. Adhere beige pieces to evergreen pieces.
- Use Custom Cutting System with old Heart Cutting Pattern or small Circle Cutting Pattern to cut 9 hearts/circles from white cardstock. Use red blade on the outside edge.
- From assortment of paper from both the Woodland Whimsy Baby Boy and Baby Girl Paper packs, cut 1” strips. Adhere strips to the hearts/circles at a slight angle leaving 1/8” in-between strips. Trim off excess with scissors. Try to use the same angle on all pieces. Add faux stitching as shown. Cut two hearts/circles in half.
- Mat photos with Whimsy paper. My photos are 7”x5” and 3-1/4”x5”.
- Assemble page with hearts and photos.
- With pencil trace around the heart/circle template. Add faux stitching with black pen, and erase any remaining pencil marks. Add journaling.
- Add arrow epoxy embellishments and die cut embellishments with Foam Squares.
My second layout shows how the Woodland Whimsy Baby Boy Collection can be used for outdoor photos. The tags on this layout were made with CM’s new 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. This layout and the one above were featured during the Pajama Party hosted by Creative Life Scrapbooking on April 28th.
- Use two sheets of beige cardstock as the base of your pages.
- Cut two pieces of plaid patter to 12” x 1-1/4” and two pieces of orange paper to 12” x 1-1/2”. Cut two pieces of fox paper to 1” x 12” and two pieces of orange paper to 1-1/4” x 12”. Layer pieces as shown and adhere to pages.
- Cut two pieces of orange paper to 6” x 8-3/4” and notch the outside corners of each piece with the 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. Adhere to pages as shown
- Cut two photo mats from dark green paper to 4-1/4” x 4-1/4” and notch all corners with 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch.
- Make 4 tag pieces from beige cardstock and orange paper. My orange pieces are 2-1/2” wide. Notch corners and make holes with 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch.
- Punch leaves with Leaf Trio Punch and adhere to pages with stickers. I used foam squares on the fox and orange mushroom stickers.
- Use brown pen to add detail.
My next page was recently featured during the May Page Sketch Challenge on the Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook page. It’s another fine example of how well the baby boy collection can be used for outdoor photos. The borders on the top and bottom were punched with Creative Memories’ Original Border Maker System with Circle Weave Cartridge.
This last page was shared on the CM Blog during Creative Memories’ recent NSD Virtual Crop. The banner was made with the Leaf Trio Punch and Decorative Trimmer from Creative Memories. I have tons of hiking photos and look forward to scrapping more pages using the Woodland Whimsy Baby Boy Collection.
I hope that I’ve inspired you to give the Woodland Whimsy Collections a try! You can purchase any of the tools or materials used on these pages on my CM website.
Our Exclusive Croptoberfest Paper and Stickers evoke a warm fuzzy fall feeling with beautiful muted and textured papers! Our Croptoberfest items are only available for a limited time and are only available directly from a CM advisor. Please contact me if you would like to purchase them.
To make my pages below, you’ll need the Croptoberfest paper and stickers, our Maple Leaf Punch and our Border Maker System with Picket Fence Cartridge and Circle Weave Cartridge. I also used our Mint ABC/123 Stickers for my title on this first page.
Instructions to make this layout:
- From diamond patterned paper (see photo), cut two 1-3/8” x 12” strips following the pattern of the paper as shown.
- Noting direction of the pattern, cut dark wood grained paper in half. Cut mottled green paper in half. Lay a piece of the wood grained paper abutted on top of a piece of the green using the grid on your custom cutting system mat as a guide to line up the pieces to a perfect 12″ x 12″ shape. Adhere a border piece horizontally to the center of the page to hold both sides together. Repeat with second page.
- Using the red blade on the outside edge of the 4” x 6” oval pattern, cut an oval from the orange word patterned paper. Using your scissors cut a little dip in the top center of the piece to make it look like the top of a pumpkin. Using the green blade on the outside edge of the 4” x 6” oval pattern, cut an oval from the brown cardstock. Adhere the patterned piece on top of the brown piece. Use scissors to trim the brown cardstock to follow the dip that you had previously cut in the patterned paper.
- Using the red blade on the outside edge of the 3.5” x 5” oval pattern, cut an oval from the orange word patterned paper. Using the green blade on the outside edge of the 3.5” x 5” oval pattern, cut an oval from the brown cardstock. Cut both pieces in half vertically and adhere patterned pieces to the brown pieces. Using your scissors, freehand cut a stem piece from the green word patterned paper. Adhere this piece to the brown cardstock and cut brown cardstock with scissors to create a mat for the green stem piece.
- Assemble and adhere your pumpkin pieces on the first page as shown.
- From red word patterned paper, cut two 4.25” x 6.25” photo mats and mount photos. From beige wood grained paper, cut four 3.75” x 3.75” photo mats. Crop four photos to 3.5” x 3.5” and mount on mats.
- From the backside of the paper with the journaling boxes, cut a 4.75” x 3” journal box. From dark brown wood patterned paper, cut a 5” x 3.25” mat for the journaling box.
- Adhere photos and journaling box to pages.
- Using the border maker with picket fence cartridge, punch two borders from the dark brown wood patterned paper. Use foam squares to adhere to bottoms of pages.
- Using maple leaf punch, punch leaves from the red word patterned paper, green word patterned paper and the orange word patterned paper.
- Adhere “Love This” sticker to green word pattern and trim to a ribbon shape.
- Add leaves and stickers to page as shown using foam squares on the ribbon piece and green leaf.
- Add title and journal.
Instructions to make this layout:
- Cut two 1.5” x 12” strips from the dark brown mottled paper. Cut two 1” strips from the green word patterned paper. Using the border maker, punch two circle weave borders from the dark brown wood patterned paper. Layer and assemble pieces as shown.
- Noting direction of the pattern, cut the beige wood grained paper in half. Noting the direction of the pattern, cut the diamond patterned paper in half. Lay one of each piece side-by-side on top of your custom cutting system mat using the grid so that the pieces line up to a perfect 12×12 shape. Adhere a border piece vertically to the center of the page to hold both sides together. Repeat with second page.
- From the backside of the paper with the journaling boxes, cut a 4” x 3.25” journal box.
- From the brown mottled paper, cut two 4.25” x 6.25” photo mats and a 4.25” x 3.5” mat for your journaling box.
- From the green word patterned paper, cut four 4.25” x 4.25” photo mats. Crop four photos to 4” x 4” and adhere to mats. Adhere all of your photos and journaling box to your pages.
- From green word patterned paper, red word patterned paper, and orange word patterned paper, punch leaves using maple leaf punch.
- Layer stickers and leaves using foam squares on some pieces as shown.
For instructions to make this page, please search Google for “sunburst scrapbook page”, and you will find several tutorials and YouTube videos.
At my September Crop Club, we made three double-page layouts using the same page sketch, one pack of Denim Blues Paper, one pack of Denim Blues Embellishments and one sheet of white cardstock. We also used our new Lace Scallop and Circle Weave Border Maker Cartridges and our new Shooting Star Punch. Our Denim Blues ABC/123 Stickers were an additional item that could be added. Please contact me to purchase this kit.
We used this page sketch that my friend, Noreen Smith, designed for Creative Memories.
This page features our Lace Scallop Border Maker Cartridge and a mixture of the flower and button embellishments for very sweet and feminine look. It’s hard to see, but the background paper features tiny light blue dots on a white background.
For a more masculine look, I used a large square in the background instead of a circle and also featured our new Circle Weave Border Maker Cartridge and the button embellishments. Our new Repositionable Tape Runner Refill was perfect for adhering the delicate Lace Scallop and Circle Weave borders!
This fun and spirited layout features our new Shooting Star Punch. The bottom strips with the stars were cut from the backside of the background papers. After cutting off the strips, I “taped” them back to the background papers with the striped strips. The white letter stickers are an old CM product.
The response to our new Denim Blues Collection has been tremendous! It can be used for feminine and masculine pages and everything in-between. Everyone is absolutely loving it! The collection includes an actual Denim Coverset, Paper Pack, Embellishments and ABC/123 Letter Stickers.
I made the page above on a Spargo 12 x 12 Plain Page and used the Denim Blues Paper Pack, Embellishments and ABC/123 Stickers. I also used our new Circle Weave Border Maker Cartridge to punch the border. Our Original Border Maker System is now available with three cartridges instead of one – all for the same original price of $33.50! For instructions on how to make this page, please visit our CM Blog at this link.
I also used the Denim Paper Pack, Embellishments and ABC/123 Stickers and Spargo 12 x 12 Plain Pages for this double page layout. With my scissors, I snipped around the denim paper squares to make frayed edges that remind me of my favorite pair of worn blue jeans. For complete instructions on how to make this layout, please visit the CM Blog using this link.