Hello and welcome to our Creative Life Scrapbooking Fall Blog Hop! There are 7 of us blog hopping today and sharing some fall scrapbooking ideas with you. Just follow the links the end of this post to see more! You might also like to follow Creative Life Scrapbooking on Facebook where we share weekly ideas and inspiration.
Today I’m sharing several layouts that I created with the very beautiful Harvest Delight collection from Creative Memories. This collection contains some unique shades of green, teal/gray, chartreuse, and orange. If you live in an area that doesn’t experience an autumn season, you’ll find that these colors and the paper patterns are neutral enough for other uses.
Shades of yellow and gold are some of my favorites, and when I opened the Harvest Delight Paper pack, I was first drawn to the two sheets of paper with the gold-chartreuse floral and leaf patterns. These colors and patterns resemble the field of wildflowers in the background of my photo from mid-summer. With my layout design, I tried to mimic the composition of the photo from walking out of the background and into the forefront.
- Cut a hollow frame from a piece of tan cardstock. I used the tan cardstock that was included in the Croptoberfest 2019 Cardstock Sampler Pack.
- Cut a sheet of white floral paper to 11″ x 11″, and then cut a large circle from the center. I used the retired Jumbo Circle Pattern for the Custom Cutting System with the Blue Blade on the inside edge. If you don’t have the Jumbo Circle Pattern, cut a circle with an 8-1/4″ diameter. (Or you could cut a large circle from the leaf paper and adhere it to the white floral piece.)
- Layer a piece of the leaf patterned paper behind the circle cutout.
- Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch a border from the tan cardstock, trim and adhere it to the bottom of the white floral paper.
- Mat your photo with tan cardstock. My photo mat is 7-1/4″ x 5-1/4″.
- Adhere Harvest Delight Embellishments with Foam Squares to preserve their multi-dimensional look.
- Add faux pen stitching as shown.
I decorated my layout with bouquets of the Harvest Delight Embellishments. With their gold foil accents, texture and dimension, these embellishments are incredibly lovely and are my favorite item in the collection. (I’ll be stocking up on these for future use!)
I completed my layout by adhering a title from the Moments to Memories Laser Cut Embellishments to my photo with the Precision Point Glue Pen and adding faux pen stitching.
My second layout is a fun way to incorporate four photos on a single page. To create my mosaic pumpkin, I first made a template and tracing pieces.
- Draw a large circle on a piece of scrap paper (I used the packaging insert from the Harvest Delight Paper.).
- Flatten out the top and bottom of your circle with swell shapes that mimic a pumpkin.
- Use a ruler and pencil to draw a grid design onto your paper template. I made sure that some of my shapes were large enough to accommodate most of a 4″ x 6″ and 6″ x 4″ photo.
- Use scissors to cut out the grid pieces, and use the individual pieces as templates to trace and cut photos and paper pieces.
- Assemble your cut pieces onto your background paper and adhere.
- Add faux pen stitching on the paper pieces
- Add Harvest Delight Embellishments and Stickers.
I love combining masculine and feminine prints, and I like that the Harvest Delight Paper pack contains some of each. Although I made a single page, this layout could easily be adapted into a double-page layout by cutting the strips a little wider to reach the right edge of the plaid paper, and then duplicating the pieces on a second page.
- To begin, cut a 7″ x 7″ square from the bottom center portion of the plaid paper and set that aside for future use.
- Layer strips of the chartreuse and gray to cover the hole. From the top down, my strips measure: 10″ x 4-1/4″; 10″ x 5-1/4″; and 10″ x 1-1/2″. Remember not to add adhesive to the top left corner of the top strip as you will be folding it over.
- Use the Lace Trim Border Punch to punch two strips from the orange paper and add those on top of the chartreuse pieces.
- Mat and add your photo. My photo mat is 5-1/2″ x 7-1/2″.
- Fussy cut the title from a Harvest Delight variety mat.
- Add Harvest Delight Embellishments and gemstones and a Harvest Delight sticker.
- Complete the layout with faux pen stitching with a black pen.
I displayed all of these pages at my recent weekend retreat, and I believe that this layout was a favorite as I saw that many of my attendees copied it. I love how my photos really pop on these pretty pages!
- Start with two sheets of dark gray cardstock as your base. I used Iron Gray from CM’s last limited edition Cardstock Buffet.
- Cut a sheet of the white hexagon paper into two 11″ x 5-1/2″ pieces, and cut a sheet of the gray striped paper to two 11″ x 5-1/4″ pieces. Adhere the pieces to the backgrounds meeting the right and left edges together and leaving a 1/4″ gap in-between the white and grey pieces.
- From white cardstock, use the retired Victorian Fence Border Punch to punch two borders.
- From the dark gray cardstock, use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch two borders.
- From the orange paper, use the Original Border Maker with the retired Pumpkins Border Maker Cartridge to punch two borders.
- Trim and layer the border pieces as shown adhering the pumpkins with Foam Squares.
- Mat your photos with the dark gray cardstock.
- Use the Original Border Maker System with the Simple Leaf Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch a border from dark gray cardstock, and use your scissors to cut apart the leaves. Use these pieces to create flower and leaf embellishments as shown.
- Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch a single piece from the orange paper and adhere as shown.
- Finish the layout by layering Harvest Delight Stickers adhering some with Foam Squares.
My next layout makes use of the Harvest Delight Stickers and would also be great for Thanksgiving photos. This layout could also easily be adapted into a double-page layout by duplicating the piecing on a second sheet of white cardstock.
- Start with a sheet of white cardstock and add 4″ x 5″ pieces of the floral print, chartreuse and gray stripe papers.
- Add border stickers and other stickers as shown.
- Fussy cut the title from a Harvest Delight variety mat and adhere with Foam Squares.
- My photos measure 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ and 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
My last layout is quick and easy, and it completes my series of pumpkin photos from last year. To convert it into a double-page spread, just reverse the slant on your second page and add a leaf border to the right hand edge.
- Cut the white hexagon paper to 10″ x 10-3/4″ and adhere to the orange print paper at an angle.
- Use the Original Border Maker System with the Simple Leaf Chain Border Maker Cartridge to punch a border from the green/gray print paper and adhere on the left side of the white print paper.
- Add a Harvest Delight Variety Mat, photos and a few stickers adhered with Foam Squares.
- My photos measure 4″ x 5-1/2″ and 4-1/2″ x 4″.
I hope that I’ve given you some ideas for the lovely Harvest Delight collection! You can purchase most of the materials and tools that I used on my CM website. Please leave me a comment and let me know which layout that you like best!
To see more fall scrapbooking ideas, just click on the link below to visit Diana’s blog next. Thanks so much for blog hopping with the Creative Life Scrapbooking team!