Typically National Scrapbook Day is celebrated on May 6th. But this year, my scrapping buddies and I are celebrating with a workshop on April 28th and 29th. To celebrate the event, Creative Memories produced an exclusive National Scrapbook Day Kit that is only available directly from a CM advisor. The kit contains paper and stickers in shades of purple, green and teal and comes with instructions for 4 different two-page layouts.
However, I used the kit to create my own floral inspired layouts using our new Cherry Blossom Punch and a few other tools. I also added some White, Black and Peacock Cardstock that helped to temper all of the bright colors and patterns of the designer paper.
This first page is ready for a group photo of my friends attending my National Scrapbook workshop. In addition to the Cherry Blossom Punch, I also used our new 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch, Leaf Trip Punch, and Original Border Maker System with Scallop Dot Cartridge.
- From White Cardstock, cut two strips to 12” x 1-1/2” and adhere to top and bottom of decorative paper.
- From Eggplant Cardstock, use Border Maker with Scallop Dot Cartridge to punch two borders. Cut off of your cardstock at 1”. Adhere to the bottom and top of your white strips respectively.
- Cut a 12” x 2” strip of decorative paper, and adhere to the bottom of the page as shown.
- From White Cardstock, cut a 7-1/4” x 5-1/4” photo mat. Adhere photo mat to page with random pieces of Black, Peacock and Eggplant Cardstock behind it. See photo.
- Cut a 2-3/8” x 4” piece from Black Cardstock and notch top ends with 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. Cut a 2” x 3-1/2” piece from White Cardstock and notch top ends and punch hole with 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch.
- From decorative paper, Peacock, White and Black Cardstock, make a variety of flowers using Cherry Blossom Punch, small flower and small circle punches.
- Add pen detail to flowers and faux pen stitching as shown.
My second page is ready for photos from my garden. I just filled my window boxes with pretty annuals and will get a nice photo once they fill out some.
- From black cardstock, use Argyle Punch to punch a border.
- Cut a 9-1/4” x 8-1/2” piece of black cardstock.
- Cut two 4-1/4” x 6-1/4” pieces from purple decorative paper and two 4” x 6” pieces from White Cardstock. Assemble for photo mats.
- Cut two 4-5/8” x 2” pieces from green decorative paper, and cut ends at an angle as shown to make window boxes.
- Assemble page as shown. Adhere window boxes with Foam Squares.
- Adorn window boxes with pieces punched from White Cardstock with the Garden Vine Punch and small flowers. Adhere flowers with Foam Squares.
- Make three larger flowers using Cherry Blossom Punch and Leaf Trio Punch.
- Add pen detail as shown, and add a title with Black ABC/123 Stickers.
My last layout is a two-page spread that will be perfect for photos of my granddaughter, Mother’s Day, or a spring bridal shower.
- Cut six strips from decorative paper to 11-1/2” x 1-½” and notch one end of each into a ribbon edge. Adhere ½” from bottom of pages.
- Cut three photo mats from Peacock Cardstock to 4-1/4” x 6-1/4”. Cut 3 pieces from decorative paper to 4-1/4” x ½”. Add to pages as shown.
- From Eggplant, White and Black Cardstock and decorative paper, make a variety of flowers using Cherry Blossom Punch, Leaf Trio Punch and small flower and circle punches. Add detail to flowers with black pen.
- To make journal box, cut a 3” x 4-1/2” peacock piece and a 2-3/4” x 4-1/4” white piece. Notch ends with 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. Add faux pen stitching.
- Add title with Black ABC/123 Stickers.
I hope that you’re able to attend a National Scrapbook Day workshop near you! Please contact me if you would like to purchase this year’s exclusive National Scrapbook Day or any of the other items that I used.
Our new Cool Serenity Collection is perfect for beach, lake and river photos. The shades of blue and green are beautiful, and the embellishments are some of my favorites. I used this collection and the page sketch below from Noreen Smith for my July Crop Club.
The border on this layout was made with our Original Border Maker System with our new Grass and Ocean Waves Cartridges.
I used Foam Squares to create the layered Ocean Waves border at the bottoms of these pages.
The grass border at the bottom was punched from the green cardstock in the Travel Solid 12×12 Cardstock Paper Pack. This pack of cardstock coordinates perfectly with the Cool Serenity Collection.
To purchase any of these items, please visit my CM website. Through July 29th, receive $10 off of your online purchase by entering HEART10 in the Discount Codes box on the View Cart page. To attend my next Crop Club workshop, please contact me.
We have TWO great new travel collections for you – Cool Serenity and Uncharted! They are totally different, but both are beautiful! I love the paper prints in both of these collections, but I really LOVE the die cut embellishments! And to top if off, we have an item that has been on the top of my personal wish list – a new Grass Border Maker Cartridge! Yay! Here are some pages that I made with each of the new collections.
I’m quite fond of this page that I made with our Uncharted Paper Pack, Embellishments, Stickers and Slide-In Pack! Although it may look complicated, it was a snap to make. The building tops are just small pieces of paper that I trimmed to points. The green border on the bottom was punched with our Original Border Maker with Crown Cartridge.
For this page, I started with an Uncharted Predesigned Page and added a Crown Border to look like a railroad trestle. For instructions on how to make both of these pages, please see my post on the CM Blog from June 14th.
This is a Cool Serenity Predesigned page that I dressed up with some added embellishment. The grass border and the sun were made with our Border Maker with new Grass Cartridge. The banner consists of 2″ circles that were cut in half.
This layout is made with Cool Serenity Paper, Stickers and Embellishments. The border at the bottom was punched with our Border Maker with Grass Cartridge. The cute clouds were punched with our Word Bubble Punch – which is now only available while supplies last. For instructions on how to make both of the Cool Serenity pages, please see my post on the CM Blog from June 20th.
Here are two more reasons to attend my National Scrapbook Day workshop on April 22 & April 23! I made these pages using our exclusive National Scrapbook Day paper and stickers. Attending my event is the only way to get these great items. Attend both days or one. There will be lots of scrapping, make-n-takes, demos and displays, a page class, door prizes and more! Please contact me for a registration form.
I made the water using our Shape Maker and 2″ Circle Cartridge. The boat was made with our Border Maker and Film Strip Cartridge. The flags were either free hand cut or punched with our Chevron and Star Border Maker Cartridges. The clouds are trimmed from our Word Bubble Punch.
The pieces on this page were cut from the NSD paper and stickers.
I’m holding a two-day workshop to celebrate National Scrapbook Day on Friday, April 22 and Saturday, April 23. Come one day or both days! There will be lots of scrapping fun, food, make-n-takes, page classes, door prizes, inspiration and more! Please contact me for a registration form.
I’m excited to share that I’m the newest member of the CM Design Team. As an assignment for the team, I created the pages below using our Exclusive National Scrapbook Day items. Making these pages will be an optional class available at my National Scrapbook Day workshop. The only way to get the exclusive paper and stickers is to attend my workshop.
Lighthouse pages made with our Exclusive National Scrapbook Day items, our Border Maker with Picket Fence Cartridge and our new Word Bubble Punch.
Boardwalk pages made with our Exclusive National Scrapbook Day items.
Our Fresh Picks product collection is very pretty and perfect for spring! I debuted the page layouts below at my recent weekend retreat to rave reviews. I used the Fresh Pick Paper Pack, Fresh Picks Slide-In Pack, Border Maker with Lace Flower and Picket Fence Cartridges, our new Corner Rounder, additional sheets of white cardstock, and Foam Square Adhesives.
To make the border above, punch 2 white borders and 2 purple borders using the Border Maker and Lace Flower Cartridge. Layer the white borders underneath the purple borders. The butterfly border and the large butterfly are cut from sheets of the paper. (This paper pack includes sheets of pre-printed borders and title boxes.) To make the beautiful title, I trimmed a Slide-In card and notched the corners with our new Corner Rounder. The large butterfly is attached with Foam Square Adhesives. Photos are mounted on white cardstock and Fresh Pick Paper.
For the page above, I layered a white Lace Flower border underneath a purple Lace Flower border and cut it in half to use on each side of the butterfly Slide-In card. The Blissful Days title is also a Slide-In card, and the journaling box was cut from an additional Slide-In card. The large photo is 4×6″ and the two square photos are 3.25″ x 3.25″. Photos are mounted on white cardstock. Large butterflies are hand-cut from a sheet of the paper and adhered with Foam Square Adhesives.
To make the border above, punch 2 Picket Fences with our Border Maker and layer underneath the pre-printed border. The butterflies are hand-cut from a sheet of the paper and adhered with Foam Square Adhesives. The photos are 3.75″x3.75″. I used small scraps of paper for the purple mat and the floral mat. The journaling box is cut from a Slide-In card.
For this page, I used our old Jumbo Circle Cutting Pattern to make the large purple circle, and the floral paper is a scrap piece. Punch 3 purple Lace Flower borders using the Border Maker. Cut in half the adjoining bars along the bottom edge of the borders. Use our Tape Runner or Mini Tape Runner to put adhesive on the backside of each flower. Adhere the first flower by lining up the top adjoining bar (the uncut bar) with the edge of the purple circle. Stick the first flower down and curve the border slightly to adhere the second flower. Work your way around the circle one flower at a time. Assemble the border using the instructions for the page above.
Our CM Red, White and Blue Paper Pack has been moved to “While Supplies Last” status. You don’t want to miss out on this pack. I love all of the fresh patterns – especially the three different colors of gingham!
Red, White & Blue Paper Pack with Star Border Maker Cartridge
Red, White & Blue Paper Pack with Border Maker and Star Cartridge and Picket Fence Cartridge