The Our Moments Collection is currently my favorite with Creative Memories! I adore the jewel tone color palette and the pretty laser borders, embellishments and stickers. Many of the sentiments and titles are family oriented, so it’s a great choice for your heritage photos. But the colors and patterns are really good for any type of photos!
To create my page, I turned to an older layout of mine for inspiration. I used the 12-Inch Trimmer to create elongated hexagon pieces using the 45-degree line. Please see my video for a step-by-step demo. While you’re on YouTube, please subscribe to my YouTube channel. As a subscriber, you will receive an email and notification whenever I post a new video. My channel will also appear in the Subscription area of the left sidebar on your YouTube homepage, so it will always be easy to find.
After I completed my video, I made some slight changes to my layout and moved two of the paper pieces and some of the cut laser borders. I also added an extra photo.
Below is my older layout that provided the inspiration for this new layout. On the video, I misspoke. I created this layout in 2018 with the old Archiver Collection from Creative Memories. Here’s a link to my original blog post. I used the old 12-Trimmer and created 60-degree angles for this version.
When cutting the hexagon pieces, you’ll end up with several leftover triangles. On my video, I offer a few different suggestions for using the triangles on another layout. Below is one of those ideas. I love how one technique creates unique pieces for 2 different layouts!
To create this layout, cut the purple paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″, and adhere to a sheet of Charcoal Cardstock. Adhere the top row of triangle pieces as shown and add the laser border. Adhere a second row of triangles. Just add photos and some stickers and embellishments to finish it!
The Elongated Hexagon Layout is my technique layout for the month of May. I would love to see your versions of it! Please share photos of your completed layouts in the #TechinqueTue 35 Album in my Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers. Your photo will serve as your entry into my monthly door prize drawing. Create a second layout with your leftover triangle scraps for a second entry! I can’t wait to see what you create!
The Our Moments Collection is available for purchase through my Creative Memories website. When you purchase through me, you’ll be entered into my Customer Rewards Program to receive bonus gifts from me.
What a fickle spring this has been! Beautiful weather one day and back to winter the next. Although my spring blooms are behind schedule this year, I can enjoy a few photos from last spring with this pretty page that I created for Creative Life Scrapbooking. I used the lovely Endless Meadows Collection from Creative Memories and the new Wildflowers and Field Fence Border Punches.
You might be interested in joining our PJ Party Virtual Crop on Friday, April 29th. We’ll meet on Zoom to create 5 double-page layouts together. Plus there will be 2 more additional layouts shared. If you can’t crop along on the 29th, you can still register for access to our recorded videos and printable handouts. We create double-page layouts that hold several photos. The layout designs are versatile so you can use materials that you already own. And we offer tool substitution suggestions. Please see our website for more information and to register.
Here’s a layout that I shared with the followers of my private Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers. I shared the layout technique and challenged them to use the technique to create a layout and share a photo into the group for an entry into my Monthly Door PrizeDrawing! Again I used the Endless Meadows Collection for this layout.
I used the 12-Inch Trimmer with the Scallop and Scoring Blades and an easy cutting and folding technique to create the decorative panels in the center of the layout. For instructions, please see and subscribe to my Karyn Crops YouTube Channel.
I created one last layout with the Endless Meadows Collection. This was another layout that I shared with Creative Life Scrapbooking. To create my pretty border, I used the new Circle Chain Border Maker Cartridge with the Spring Leaf Punch and the old Blooming Medallion Punch. You can easily substitute any flower punch.
You’ll find the beautiful Endless Meadows Collection and most of the tools that I used on my Creative Memories site. I appreciate all of your orders and offer a generous Customer Rewards Program.
PS. Check out my newest On-Demand Page Class offering! You can now purchase access to my super cute National Scrapbook Day Layouts. Look at the top menu bar of this page or click here to see all of the classes that I offer.
Instead of focusing on a specific collection, this post is about a specific technique that I’m calling “tiered borders”. This is a simple but effective technique to use with any of the chain style border maker cartridges from Creative Memories. Chain style cartridges punch a stand-alone border that falls off of the paper after being punched. Currently CM has 10 chain style border maker cartridges and any of them would work with this technique.
For my first layout, I used the Original Border Maker System with the Mirrored Scallops Chain Border Maker Cartridge. I also used the new Lullaby Lane Collection. The Lullaby Lane Collection features papers, stickers and embellishments that are great for baby boy or baby girl layouts and also extra gender specific papers.
I loved this technique so much that I created a second layout using a different border maker cartridge. This time I used the Original Border Maker System with the Rope Chain Border Maker Cartridge. I used the Seaside Collection for my boating photos. After punching the borders, I cut the rope paper to 11″ x 11″. The striped border piece at the top is 3-3/4″ x 1-3/4″.
If you would like to purchase any of these tools or materials, now is a great time! Creative Memories is offering FREE SHIPPING on orders of $80+ in the US. I also offer a Customer Rewards Program for those who purchase through me. Make a $150 purchase and receive a gift of exclusive paper and stickers from me! Hurry, FREE SHIPPING ends at noon CT on March 11th.
Happy New Year! I was super busy during the holiday months with family gatherings and several events for my business. So far, I’ve only created one Christmas layout with the Joy to the World Collection for Creative Life Scrapbooking. (Please click here to see that layout.) I still hope to play more with this collection and share a layout or two. But for now, I’m scrapping with the new Welcome Home Collection from Creative Memories.
Welcome Home is a warm and fuzzy collection that is perfect for everyday photos at home. The light and dark shades of blues, greens and browns coordinate perfectly. I used this collection to create several layouts for the CM Blog. Below are two of those layouts. For instructions, please see the CM Blog.
I also used this collection to create the layout below for Creative Life Scrapbooking. I created a lattice piece using the new Honeycomb Border Maker Cartridge and fussy cut the pretty vine pieces from a variety mat. Please see our CLS Facebook Page for instructions.
If you like these layouts and the Welcome Home Collection, you may wish to join me for my up-coming Virtual Weekend Retreat on February 25-27, 2022. I’ll be using the Welcome Home Decorative Bundle and the Honeycomb Border Maker Cartridge for the page classes during this event. If you purchase the Welcome Home Decorative Bundle and the Honeycomb Border Maker Cartridge through me, you can take a $15 discount off of your event registration fee. All of the sessions will be recorded and shared in a private Facebook group for the event along with printable instructions. If you can’t participate on the 25th-27th, you can access the materials at your leisure.
Once I started playing with the beautiful It’sFall Y’all Collection from Creative Memories, I couldn’t stop! I created a versatile double-page layout to share during our Creative Life Scrapbook PJ Party and continued to create a few more. If you love my PJ Party Demo Layout that featured the Wheatfield Border Punch, you’ll likely also love the layout below.
Read below for information about Creative Memories 2021 Black Friday Promo and how to get FREE products with a purchase!
After punching my designer paper with the Wheatfield Border Punch, I cut the border apart to create individual stalks of wheat that I gathered together to create a fall sheave. I completed the wheat bundle with a hand-tied raffia-style bow. Please view my video on You Tube for a demo on how to tie the bow. Please note that the Wheatfield Border Punch was a promotional punch offered by Creative Memories earlier this year and is no longer available.
However, Creative Memories is offering three new exclusive punches as part of our 2021Black Friday Promotion! With a purchase of $160, you can select one of three FREE bundles of product that include an exclusive collection of paper, stickers and embellishments, an album and also a unique exclusive punch. Click here for more information about our Black Friday Promotion.
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut a 1-3/4″ “L”-shape from a piece of the plaid designer paper. 2. Place a sheet of the ledger print paper on top of the “L” piece at an angle and adhere. Use the 12″ Trimmer to cut off the excess paper to create a 12″ x 12″ piece. 3. Punch gold designer paper with the Wheatfield Border Punch. Use the 12″ Trimmer to cut in-between the individual wheat stalks. Use the sight guides on the 12″ Trimmer to help you align the paper.
4. Layer and adhere the individual wheat stalks into a sheave. My stalks are 6-1/2″ – 4-3/4″ in height. 5. Cut a 1/8″ strip of Hot Fudge Cardstock, and tie into a raffia-style bow. Attach the bow with a small Foam Square. See my video for a demo on how to tie the bow. 6. Complete the layout with photo mats, embellishments and stickers.
My second layout will be great for some photos that I took while my husband and I took a drive to view the fall color. I really love the color palette of the It’s Fall Y’all Collection! I also love the ledger and grid prints in the It’s Fall Y’all Tone on Tone Paper Pack. They provide a fresh contrast for the designer prints. I used the Five Leaf Punch to create a cascading border of fall colored leaves to accent the layout.
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut 1″ hollow frames from two sheets of Navy Cardstock. 2. Cut two sheets of green leaf paper to 11-3/4″ x 11-1/2″. Attach the leaf paper pieces to the navy frames abutting the right and left edges together to create a double-page. 3. To create the border, cut a 1-3/4″ x 11-1/2″ strip from Navy Cardstock. Cut a 1-1/2″ x 11-1/4″ strip from grid paper. Layer and adhere the pieces. 4. Use the Five Leaf Punch to punch leaves from a variety of designer papers. Working from the bottom of the border, attach the leaves with small Foam Squares under the single leaves. 5. From Navy Cardstock, cut the following pieces: (4) 2-7/8″ x 1-5/8″; (1) 2-7/8″ x 4-1/8″; (1) 6-1/4″ x 1-5/8″; and (1) 2-1/4″ x 4- 1/4″. From grid paper, cut the following pieces: (1) 2-3/4″ x 4″; (1) 6-1/8″ x 1-3/8″; and (1) 2-1/8″ x 4-1/8″. From navy tree paper, cut (4) 2-3/4″ x 1-1/2″. Layer and adhere pieces. 6. Cut 5 photo mats that measure 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″. 7. Arrange pieces on the layout and adhere. 8. Add stickers, embellishments and additional punched leaves as shown using Foam Squares to adhere some.
FREE WITH PURCHASE!
If you like these layouts and would like to create them, you may purchase the It’s Fall Y’all Collection, 12″ Trimmer, Five Leaf Punch, Foam Squares and Navy Cardstock through my Creative Memories website link. If you make a $160 purchase, you can select one of three FREE Black Friday Bundles! Each bundle has a retail value of $86 and contains an exclusive punch with an exclusive product collection. These punches and materials will not be offered for purchase otherwise. Please see below for the available Black Friday Promo Bundles that you can get for FREE with a $160 order.
Well, hello! It’s time to share some fall themed scrapbook layouts. I made the layouts below using the Fall Y’all Collection from Creative Memories and will be sharing a few more layouts in a few days. I absolutely love the color palette of this collection which contains a mix of purples and navy with the more traditional fall shades of orange, green and gold. I also love the ledger and grid print papers in the It’s Fall Y’all Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack. The embellishments are super cute, and some contain a white matte foil stitched design for a truly charming touch.
I created my first layout with a fun grid technique. I used the discontinued Jumbo Scallop Circle Cutting Pattern, but you can easily substitute our Jumbo Circle Cutting Pattern or any of our other older jumbo patterns. I finished my layout with a laser cut border, two stickers and a variety mat cut into an oval. All of these pieces are also from the It’s Fall Y’all Collection.
Please see my You Tube Channel to view an instructional video of how to create this layout.
I would love to see your version of this layout! Please join my private Facebook group, Karyn’s Croppers, and use this technique to make your own layout and share it into the appropriate Album in Karyn’s Croppers.
I created my second layout with the relief piece of gourd print paper that was leftover from my first layout. I also used a sheet of Blush Cardstock that was part of the Cardstock Buffet offered by Creative Memories this past summer.
About four times a year, Creative Memories offers either a Cardstock and/or Paper Buffet Promotion where exclusive shades of cardstock or paper are available. These colors are unique and not part of our normal product line, however they are designed to coordinate with up-coming collections. On November 1st, CM launched a new Paper Buffet that features six unique colors of solid-core paper. The solid core papers have a paper weight of 45 pounds and are lighter than our normal cardstock but heavier than our designers papers. If you purchase six packs, you receive a FREE pack of Parakeet Shimmer Cardstock. These unique colors should coordinate with up-coming collections.
1. Adhere the leftover piece of gourd paper from my first layout to a sheet of Blush Cardstock. Alternatively, use the CCS with the Jumbo Scallop Circle Pattern (or substitute another jumbo pattern) and Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a piece from gourd paper. Use the relief piece. 2. Use the CCS with Jumbo Scallop Circle Pattern and Blue and Red Blades on the outside edge to cut a hollow frame from purple paper. Cut with the Blue Blade first and without moving the pattern, cut again with the Red Blade. Adhere to the layout as shown. 3. Use the CCS with the #4 or largest Oval Pattern and Blue Blade on the outside edge to cut one oval from orange print paper and two partial ovals. 4. Adhere the ovals to the center of the layout leaving about 1/4″ in-between the pieces as shown. 5. Freehand draw/cut a stem from purple print paper. Adhere as shown. 6. Use the CCS with the #3 Oval Pattern (third largest) and Green Blade on the outside edge to cut a photo mat from purple paper. Use the Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a photo. Layer, and adhere to the layout. 7. Use the CCS with the #2 Oval Pattern and Red Blade on the outside edge to cut partially around the title in a variety mat. Use the Green Blade on the outside edge to cut a mat from purple paper. Layer, and adhere to the layout with Foam Squares. 8. Add a sticker with Foam Squares.
To purchase the tools and materials that I used, please see my Creative Memories website. Thank you so much for any orders!
If you’re looking for a fun virtual scrapbooking event with some great versatile double-page layout ideas, you might consider joining me and my teammates at Creative Life Scrapbooking for our PJ Party Virtual Crop on Friday, November 5th.
If you can’t join us on Zoom on the 5th, that’s okay. All of the instructional sessions will be recorded and shared in a private Facebook group and can be viewed at your leisure. We will also share printable instructional handouts. The group will be active for the entire month of November as participants make our layouts and share their versions.
Please see our website for more information and to register.
Summer is in full force, and I hope that you’re enjoying it! Creative MemoriesSummertime Collection is colorful and fun – just like summer should be!
I used the Custom Cutting System with the Rectangle Cutting Patterns to create a colorful row of popsicles from a selection of the Summertime Variety Mats for my first layout. When my granddaughter visits later this month, we have plans to make some icy treats in a variety of flavors, and the layout will be perfect for our photos.
To Create My Layout:
1. Use the Custom Cutting System and the smallest rectangle from the Rectangle Cutting Patterns and the Red Blade on the inside edge to cut shapes from six different Summertime Variety Mats. Position your cutting pattern to conserve the mats, so they can still be used to mat photos. From one of the rectangle pieces use a flower-type of punch to punch out the right upper corner, so it looks like bite marks. I used the old Dewdrop Flower Punch.
2. From Light Gray Cardstock cut six pieces to 1/2″ x 1-1/2″, and adhere to the bottoms of the rectangle pieces leaving a 1″ section protruding from the bottom of the rectangles. Adhere the popsicle pieces to the bottom of a sheet of Black Cardstock. 3. Cut a piece of Summertime Designer Paper to 11-1/2″ x 6-1/2″, adhere at the top of the page. 4. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Lamplight Border Maker Cartridge to punch a border from Summertime Designer Paper. Trim to 11-1/2″, and cut the border in half length-wise, and adhere to the bottom of the designer paper. Cut a 11-1/2″ x 1/4″ strip of Black Cardstock, and adhere at the seam of the designer paper and the border piece. 5. Crop three of the leftover mat pieces to 3-5/8″ x 3-5/8″. Crop two of the leftover mat pieces to 3-5/8″ x 3/4″. Cut three pieces of Black Cardstock to 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ and two pieces to 3-3/4″ x 7/8″. Adhere the mat pieces to the black pieces to create double photo mats and journaling boxes. Adhere to the layout as shown. I used Foam Squares to adhere my middle mat. 6. Add a title with Black Script and Black Serif ABC/123 Letter Stickers.
For my second layout, I used the Sunny Days Journal Template to trace and cut a sheet of Summertime Designer Paper in a sunburst pattern to use as the background of my layout. The Sunny Days Journal Template is great for tracing journaling lines onto a layout, but it’s also can be used for tracing and cutting designs. Please see my post from July 2nd for another example of how this template can be used.
To Create My Layout:
1. Use the Sunny Days Journal Template to trace a sunburst pattern onto the backside of a sheet of designer paper. Use Micro-Tip Scissors to cut around your trace marks.
2. Adhere the cut-out piece to a sheet of White Cardstock. 3. Cut a 1″ hollow frame from a sheet of Summertime Designer Paper, and adhere to the outside of the layout. 4. From the same sheet of designer paper, use the Custom Cutting System with the medium circle from the Circle Cutting Patterns and Blue Blade on the outside edge to cut a circle. Adhere the circle to the center of the layout. 5. Cut two 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ photo mats from Summertime Designer Paper. Crop photos to 4″ x 4″, and adhere to mats. Adhere matted photos to the right side of the layout. 6. Cut a small segment from a wave Summertime Laser Cut Border, and adhere the two pieces to each side of the bottom photo. Adhere a second wave Summertime Laser Cut Border above the first one as shown. 7. Add a Summertime Laser Cut Border as the title. Adhere with Foam Squares. 8. Add Summertime Stickers with Foam Squares as shown.
I hope that my layouts have inspired you to scrapbook some of your summer photos! You can purchase the Summertime Collection and all of the tools that I used through my Creative Memories website link.
If you’re looking for a fun virtual scrapbooking event, you might enjoy thePJ Party Virtual Crop that my friends and I at Creative Life Scrapbooking are hosting on Friday, July 30th. For information and to register, click here. If you can’t crop along on the 30th, you can still register and have access to our printable handouts and recorded instructional videos.
Happy 4th of July weekend! I hope that you have something fun planned to celebrate with friends and family. I created two layouts from combinations of new and old Creative Memories products that will be perfect for some of your photos!
My first layout will be great for photos of fireworks! I used the newer Sunny Days Journal Template to draw my lines and the older Firecracker Punch with some designer paper from the United We Stand Collection. The stars are punch-outs from the retired Star Border Maker Cartridge, but you can substitute any small star punch that you might own. This layout has a bit a sparkle provided by the Platinum Shimmer Cardstock, but it’s hard to see in my photographs.
To create my layout:
1. Cut out the center of a sheet of Platinum Shimmer Cardstock to create a hollow frame to conserve cardstock. Cut a piece of Navy Cardstock to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″, and adhere to the hollow Platinum Shimmer Cardstock frame. 2. Use the Sunny Days Journal Template and the Silver Metallic Dual-Tip Pen to draw alternating solid and dashed lines on the top half of the layout. 3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Pattern and Blue Blade on the outside edge to cut a circle from Platinum Shimmer Cardstock. Adhere to the center of the layout. 4. Cut three photo mats from Cranberry Cardstock that measure 3-3/4″ x 5-1/2″, and adhere as shown. 5. Use the Firecracker Punch to punch firecrackers from United We Stand Designer Paper. Alternate and adhere the firecrackers as shown. 6. Use the Original Border Maker System with the retired Star Border Maker Cartridge to punch stars from Platinum Shimmer Cardstock. Adhere the stars with Foam Squares as shown. 7. Add United We Stand Stickers adhering some with Foam Squares.
I created my second layout for Featured Project Friday for Creative Life Scrapbooking. The inspiration for this layout came from a t-shirt of mine. Again I used a combination of current and older tools with the United We Stand Collection from Creative Memories. If you don’t have the Alpine Mountains Border Punch, you can substitute the Majestic Mountains Border Punch. If you don’t have the Treeline Border Punch, you can substitute the Wheatfield Border Punch. For instructions, please see my Facebook post for Creative Life Scrapbooking and join our private group.
I love the 4th of July holiday! I have great memories of large cook-outs, yard games and fireworks enjoyed as a child. And I still love fireworks! Now I enjoy watching them from our boat. Celebrations along the lake are coordinated, and we can enjoy fireworks for 4-5 nights in a row along with bands playing at the marina. This year’s celebrations will be even more festive as we’re all enjoying the lifted Covid-19 restrictions. I used the super fun United We Stand Collection from Creative Memories to create some layouts in preparation for the photos that I’ll take. All of the layouts feature a large border at the top with ample space to add photos later. But for my first layout, I used a few photos from last year that I hadn’t yet scrapbooked.
The Barbed Wired Border Maker Cartridge is one of my favorites, and I’m having fun finding unique ways to use it. I really love how it looks on this rustic heart. It’s such a simple idea but has a big impact and is so perfect with these photos of my granddaughters.
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut a hollow frame from a sheet of Red Cardstock. Cut a sheet of United We Stand Paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″, and adhere to the hollow frame. 2. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Barbed Wire Border Cartridge to punch borders from United We Stand Paper. Trim, stagger and adhere three borders as shown. 3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the small heart pattern from the Gemstone Cutting Patterns and the Green Blade on the outside edge to cut a heart from Blue Cardstock. Use the Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a heart from White Cardstock, and adhere to the blue heart. Use the Red Blade on the outside edge to cut a partial heart from United We Stand Paper. Trim to an 1″, and adhere to the white heart. 4. Trim barbed wire border pieces and adhere to the heart embellishment making sure to match the pattern with the three borders that are on the page. Adhere the heart piece with Foam Squares to the layout as shown also making sure to match the border patterns on the page. 5. Cut 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ photo mats from Red Cardstock, and crop photos to 4″ x 4″. 6. Create a 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ journaling box from White Cardstock, and mat with a 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Red Cardstock. 7. Add United We Stand Stickers with Foam Squares as shown.
My second layout features a fun technique for the new Flag Banner Border Punch. I folded sections of the border piece to create dimension and a new look for the border. With the stickers, the border looks like a flying eagle pulling a banner, or I also see the two border pieces as the wings of the eagle. This would make a great military themed layout.
To Create My Layout:
1. To conserve paper, cut out a hollow section in the lower middle portion of United We Stand star paper. Save the cut-out piece for another use. 2. Cut a hollow frame from a 11-1/4″ x 9-1/4″ piece of Cranberry Cardstock. Cut an 11″ x 9″ piece of United We Stand Paper, and adhere to the hollow frame. Adhere the entire piece to the blue star background paper. 3. Use the Flag Banner Border Punch to punch two borders from United We Stand Paper. With your fingers, fold the flag segments of the border pieces outward to the left and outward to the right. Trim and adhere the borders as shown using Repositionable Tape. 4. Add United We Stand Stickers with Foam Squares.
For my next layout, I used the Flag Banner Border Punch to create a large flag element to run across the top of my page. The red borders make the red strips on my large flag. And I jazzed up the field of blue stars with some additional banner pieces and stickers.
To Create My Layout:
1. Cut a hollow frame from Blue Cardstock. Cut United We Stand Paper to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″, and adhere to the hollow frame. 2. From United We Stand Paper, cut a 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ square, and adhere in the upper left corner of the layout. 3. Use the Flag Banner Border Punch to punch three borders from United We Stand Paper. Trim the borders and adhere to the right of the square piece. 4. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and Red Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from United We Stand Paper. Use the Green Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from Blue Cardstock. Layer the circles, and United We Stand Stickers as shown. Adhere the piece with Foam Squares to the center of the square piece. 5. Cut leftover flag banner pieces into segments of one, and adhere around the circular piece.
My last layout is ready for photos of our boat decorated for the July 4th holiday. I recently purchased some metallic fringe banners to hang on the boat, and this border piece mimics that banner perfectly. I created the border with the Fringe Border Punch that was a freebie item during one of CM’s recent promotions. Make sure to follow me on Facebook or ask to receive my email newsletters to stay up-to-date on promotions, new products and my events.
Please note that the Fringe Border Punch should only be used with designer paper or lighter weight cardstocks (60 lb. paper weight or less). I used our new Firecracker Shimmer, White Shimmer and Starry Night Shimmer Cardstocks which are super light-weight and worked perfectly with the punch. See the image below for the weights of CM cardstock.
To Create My Layout:
1. Use the Fringe Border Punch to punch a border from Starry Night Simmer Cardstock, and cut off of the cardstock at 2-3/4″. 2. Use the Fringe Border Punch to punch a border from White Shimmer Cardstock, and cut off of the cardstock at 2-1/4″. 3. Use the Fringe Border Punch to punch a border from Firecracker Simmer Cardstock, and cut off of the cardstock at 1-3/4″. 4. Layer, and adhere the border pieces to the top of the layout. Cut a 12″ x 1/2″ strip from United We Stand Paper, and adhere at the top of your border. 5. Use the Custom Cutting System with the largest Circle Cutting Pattern and Green Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from White Cardstock. Use the Blue Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from United We Stand Paper. Adhere the two pieces, and adhere to the border. 6. Add United We Stand Stickers with Foam Squares as shown.
Don’t forget about the current promotion to receive $20 off of your order! Please click here to use my CM website link to place your order, and use ENJOY20 as the Coupon Code. This promotion ends at noon CT on June 18th, 2021.
If you like these borders and layouts, you might also like an additional United We Stand layout that I created for the CM Blog. The layout has a military vibe and is perfect for honoring your loved ones who have served. Click here to view that layout. Also continue to watch the CM Blog as I created some additional United We Stand borders and a card that should be shared soon.
Yesterday advisors and customers from all over the world opened our Secret Boxes that we bought last month from Creative Memories. The contents of the Secret Box were a surprise, and we purchased the boxes on the good faith that we would love the contents – and CM did not disappoint! This is the third Secret Box that CM has offered, and each one has contained a paper pack, stickers or embellishments, a tool and some other small surprises. I’ve been happy with each Secret Box, and I especially love this one! Our next Secret Box will be available to purchase in August with an open date in September.
Flowers make me happy! And sweet smelling roses are one of my favorites! So I was thrilled with the Shabby Chic Rose Paper and Embellishments. And I can make my own rose embellishments and borders with the Blooming Medallion Punch! After opening my box yesterday, I did just that. I pulled out all of my different shades of red cardstock and started to play. Currently CM offers three shades of red cardstock – Cranberry, Crimson and Firecracker Shimmer. Recently our product line also included Red and Scarlet Cardstock. Each shade looks great with the Shabby Chic Rose Paper, and I created multi-dimensional roses by adhering a 1″ circle behind each punched piece.
I rummaged through my collection of current and retired punches and border maker cartridges and created a set of borders that range from simple to more intricate. I paired my borders with Dark Green and Charcoal Cardstock and used Foam Squares to add additional dimension.
I created these simple borders by layering the Blooming Medallion Punch pieces with 1″ circles in a variety of the red cardstock shades that I mentioned above. I used from left to right, the Garden Vine Border Punch, the Climbing Vine Border Maker Cartridge with Spring Leaf Punch and the On the Vine Border Punch. The Climbing Vine Border Maker Cartridge and Spring Leaf Punch are current items that are available for purchase.
The Blooming Medallion Punch coordinates nicely with so many of our past and current punches and border maker cartridges! The combinations seem endless! I used from top to bottom, the Simple Leaf Border Maker Cartridge, Wheatfield Border Punch and Rose Chain Border Maker Cartridge and the Doily Border Punch with Spring Leaf Punch. The Spring Leaf Punch is a current item that is available for purchase.
My last set of borders are a bit more intricate and include a few more layers. For these, I used the new 5 Leaf Punch and the new Spring Leaf Punch with some recently retired border punches. I always like to create and show new ways to use our older tools as I know that so many of you have purchased these in the past.
Border on Left: 1. Use the Baroque Border Punch to punch a border from Charcoal Cardstock, and cut off of cardstock at 2-1/2″. 2. Cut a strip of Dark Green Cardstock to 1-3/8″ x 12″. Cut a strip of Light Gray Cardstock to 1-1/4″ x 12″. Layer and adhere pieces to the baroque border. 3. Use the Blooming Medallion Punch to punch roses from Cranberry Cardstock. Use the old Mini Circle Punch to punch 1″ circles from Scarlet Cardstock. Layer and adhere the pieces. Use Foam Squares to adhere to the border piece. 4. Use the Spring Leaf Punch to punch leaves from Dark Green Cardstock, and adhere as shown.
Middle Border: 1. Use the Argyle Border Punch to punch a border from Dark Green Cardstock. 2. Use the Blooming Medallion Punch to punch roses from Firecracker Shimmer Cardstock. Use the old Mini Circle Punch to punch 1″ circles from Crimson Cardstock. Layer and adhere the pieces. Use Foam Squares to adhere to the border piece. 3. Use the Spring Leaf Punch to punch leaves from Dark Green Cardstock, and adhere as shown. 4. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch a border from Charcoal Cardstock. Cut apart with scissors, and adhere to border as shown.
Border on Right: 1. Use the Lattice Border Punch to punch a border from Charcoal Cardstock. 2. Use the Blooming Medallion Punch to punch roses from Cranberry Cardstock. Use the old Mini Circle Punch to punch 1″ circles from Scarlet Cardstock. Layer and adhere the pieces. Use Foam Squares to adhere to the border piece. 3. Use the 5 Leaf Punch to punch leaves from Dark Green Cardstock, and adhere to border as shown.
I hope that I’ve inspired you to pull out some of your old punches and border maker cartridges and play! I would love to see what you create. Please feel free to share your creations on Karyn’s Croppers on Facebook.
Please note that Creative Memories is offering a $20 off Promo beginning at noon CT on Monday, June 14th. You may also wish to check out our current Cardstock Buffets that are offering some limited edition cardstock colors and paper paper packs along with some free gifts with purchase. Click here to use my Creative Memories website link to shop.