Hi, everyone! Here are two layouts that I just shared during the Creative Life Scrapbooking Summer 2020 PJ Party virtual crop. The PJ Party began at 4 pm ET and continues until 1 am ET over at the Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook Page. Just go to our home page and scroll to see all of the posts. Today we’re sharing different ways to use the Custom Cutting System from Creative Memories. The posts will remain on our Facebook page, so you’ll be able to refer to them in the future.
For my first layout, I cut hollow frames using the Custom Cutting System. You can use this technique with any of our Custom Cutting Patterns. When making hollow frames just remember to always use the blade that cuts the furthest away from the cutting pattern first. After making your first cut, don’t move the cutting pattern and use the second blade to cut again. You can use this method on the outside edge or the inside edge of the cutting patterns.
I created my first layout using a combination of layered circles and hollow circle frames to create an interlocking circle pattern. It’s not difficult, but it’s just a little tedious cutting all of the circle pieces. I used the new Vitamin Sea Collection to make my layouts. I love all of the pieces of this collection! The coordinating shades of teals, greens and blush are especially beautiful!
To make my layout:
1. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and Green Blade on the inside edge to cut 5 circles from green paper, 5 circles from teal paper and 10 circles from blush paper.
2. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and Red Blade on the inside edge to cut 10 circles from Dark Sea Green Cardstock. Adhere the green and teal circles onto the cardstock circles.
3. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and the Green Blade on the inside edge to cut a circle from Dark Sea Green Cardstock. Don’t move the cutting pattern from your cardstock. Cut again using the Red Blade on the inside edge of cut 10 hollow circle frames. (Save the resulting circles for my second layout.)
4. Use a pencil to lightly draw a circle around the outside edge of the Jumbo Circle Cutting Pattern onto your background paper. If you don’t have the Jumbo Circle Cutting Pattern, you can use an 11″ dinner plate. Evenly arrange blush circles in a circle pattern with the top edges of the circles on the pencil line.
5. Evenly arrange the teal and green circles so that they partially overlap the blush circles making sure to line up the top edges of the circles with the pencil line. Erase your pencil marks.
6. Adhere the 10 hollow circle frames on top of the blush circles.
7. Use the Original Border Maker System with the Kissing Fish Border Maker Cartridge to punch two borders from Dark Sea Green Cardstock. Cut the fish apart into pairs as shown. Adhere the fish pairs in the centers of the blush circles.
8. I finished my layout by adhering a matted photo with Foam Squares and some Vitamin Sea Stickers and pieces of a Vitamin Sea Laser Cut Border that I cut apart.
To create my second layout, I used the leftover cardstock circles from my first layout. I love how this layout shows off the lovely patterns of the Vitamin Sea Designer and Tone-on-Tone Papers and the adorable Vitamin Sea Stickers!
To make my layout:
3. Adhere the blush/cardstock piece on top of the background paper covering up the space that was cut out.
4. Use the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and the Blue Blade on the inside edge to cut 9 circles from patterned paper. Adhere these circles on top of your leftover Dark Green Sea Cardstock circles from the first layout. (These pieces were cut using the Custom Cutting System with the medium Circle Cutting Pattern and the Green Blade on the inside edge.)
5. Complete your layout by adding a title piece cut from a Vitamin Sea Variety Mat, photos, journaling, and some Vitamin Sea Stickers adhered with Foam Squares.
If you have some beach or tropical photos to scrapbook, you’re going to LOVE the Vitamin Sea Collection! Make sure to check out the Vitamin Sea Embossed Embellishments and the Vitamin Sea Laser Cut Borders as they are especially nice! You may purchase any of the materials that I used for my layouts through my Creative Memories website link.
Thanks so much for visiting with me and make sure to check out the Creative Life Scrapbooking Summer 2020 PJ Party for more ideas for the Custom Cutting System.