Whew, April was a looong month! For more reasons that one – huh? But we made it through 5 weeks of self-quarantining and scrapbook challenges! I’ve really enjoyed our Home-Bound Throw-Down, and I hope that you have also. I’m a little sad to leave it behind, but I’m looking forward to new scrapping events and opportunities. Please follow me on Facebook at Karyn’s Croppers to participate in my new Zoom classes on Thursdays in May and also our Karyn’s Croppers Virtual National Scrapbook Day workshop on Saturday, May 9th.
My 9th challenge for the Home-Bound Throw-Down features a way to use up scraps of paper and have with a combo of border punches and Border Maker cartridges. I’m still using the Spring Medley collection from Creative Memories, and I must say that it’s one of my favorites from the past year.
To make my layout:
1. Cut strips of paper in varying widths and 1″ high.
2. From cardstock, punch a variety of borders using border punches and the Original Border Maker System. I used Navy, Cloud, Peacock and Deep Sea Green Cardstock with the Cable Chain and Spring Leaf Chain Border Maker Cartridges and the Flower Child, Songbirds, and Lace Trim Border Punches.
3. Triple mat your photo to give it extra depth and dimension.
4. Adhere Spring Medley Stickers and Embellishments with Foam Squares.
For my 10th and final Home-Bound Throw-Down challenge, I created another layout for my Covid-19 project. This layout will feature a photo of my husband and me on our front porch. As you might be aware, there is a movement that is encouraging folks to have family photos taken on front porches to document their experience sheltering at home. Neighbors are taking photos for neighbors, and professional photographers are offering this service. If you search Facebook and/or Instagram, you’ll find heartwarming to creatively hilarious family photos that document this time. I haven’t yet decided what our pose might be, but I plan to ask our neighbor to take our photo soon.
This layout features the NEW 12″ Trimmer Stamping Blade. I can not sing enough good praises for the 12″ Trimmer from Creative Memories! I’ve been scrapbooking for a long time, and this is the BEST trimmer that I’ve used. If you haven’t yet seen the trimmer, please click on this link to view a video that describes it’s features and benefits. In addition to a straight blade, we have currently have 7 specialty blades that cut a variety of patterns. The new Stamping Blade cuts a postage stamp edge.
To create my layout:
1. Cut a variety of Spring Medley Designer Paper to 2″ x 4″ and 2″ x 1-1/2″ sizes using the 12″ Trimmer with the Stamping Blade.
2. Decorate a 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ photo mat with punched pieces from the Branch Border Punch. Adhere the branches with small Foam Squares cut in half.
3. Create a bird’s nest by layering two pieces punched with the Pine Cone Punch and trimming with scissors to shape. Use the Songbirds Border Punch to punch two birds, cut apart with scissors and adhere inside of the nest.
4. Add a Spring Medley Variety Mat for journaling and Spring Medley Stickers with Foam Squares. (I LOVE how the sentiments on these stickers are perfect for my porch photo!)
You may purchase any of the tools and/or materials that I used on my Creative Memories website. (Please note that the Branch Border Punch and Pine Cone Punch are retired items. But please contact me if you would like to purchase them as I have a few in my personal inventory.)
Have a lovely weekend!