Welcome to our Christmas Blog Hop! Six Creative Memories Advisors from North America have joined together to provide you with ideas and inspiration for your Christmas paper crafting. At the bottom of my blog post, you’ll find links to take you to the next stops on our Blog Hop. Be sure to visit all of the sites and leave comments for us!
For my project, I created a 2-page scrapbook layout using some items from the new Creative Memories Christmas Past Collection. I also used several of our newest tools to create the lush layered border and embellishments. Our new Gold Shimmer Cardstock provides an extra touch of elegance and decadence for these pages.
I created the gorgeous trailing vine border across the tops of the pages with our Garden Vine Punch. This punch immediately sold out when it was first introduced in October. It’s back in stock but only available while supplies last. So I suggest purchasing this punch sooner than later.
I also incorporated a new take on the faux Maple Leaf Punch poinsettias that I first created for the Creative Memories Blog post, Christmas in July. These new poinsettias are white and include layered greenery punched from our Leaf Trio Punch. (Below is a peak at my first poinsettia border. Please visit the CM Blog to see the full blog post with instructions.)
To make my layout, you’ll need:
Christmas Past Paper Pack
Christmas Past Variety Mat Pack
Christmas Past Embellishment Pack
Gold Shimmer Cardstock
Ruby ABC/123 Stickers
12-Inch Straight Trimmer
Garden Vine Punch
Maple Leaf Punch
Leaf Trio Punch
To purchase any of these items, please visit my CM website.
- From poinsettia designer print paper, cut two 12″ x 2″ strips and adhere to tops of 2 sheets of Beige Cardstock.
- From Gold Shimmer Cardstock, use the Garden Vine Punch to punch two borders. Adhere these borders on top of strips of Gold Shimmer Cardstock and use scissors to cut out. Adhere these pieces to bottoms of the poinsettia paper strips.
- From White Cardstock, use Maple Leaf Punch to punch 12 leaves. Outline the edges of the leaves and draw veins with a Gold Pen.
- From Gold Shimmer Cardstock, use Maple Leaf Punch to punch 6 leaves. Use gold pen to draw veins.
- From Gold Shimmer Cardstock, use Leaf Trio Punch to punch a variety of leaves.
- From Gold Shimmer Cardstock, cut mats for your photos and also a mat for your journaling box.
- Assemble and adhere your photos and the poinsettias and leaves as shown.
- Add a title using our Ruby ABC/123 Stickers and rhinestone embellishments from the Christmas Past Embellishments.
- Add journaling with a Brown Pen.
Please visit the next stop on our Christmas Blog Hop and enjoy all of the ideas being shared. I hope that you leave the hop inspired to make a few of our projects. Thanks much for visiting with us and best wishes for a very Merry Christmas!
Karyn Crops (You Are Here)
D. Brinsley’s Memory Keeping Blog
Crop With Steph
Celebrating Your Beautiful Life
Organized& Creative Mom
Hello and welcome to our Halloween Blog Hop! Today I’m sharing a fun Halloween sampler that I made with the new Bats in the Belfry Paper Pack, Stickers and Embellishments from Creative Memories.
This is a great project for those of you who love to decorate for Halloween and for those who don’t have Halloween photos to scrapbook. This is also a fun and easy project to make with children. Just cut out the squares and let the kids decorate with embellishments and stickers.
The sampler looks great displayed on an easel, in a 12″ x 12″ photo frame or on your old Creative Memories Everyday Display. You can even add Halloween photos in one or two of the squares if you desire!
I used our Garden Vine Punch (which is currently on back-order) and our Original Border Maker with our new Midnight Star and Picket Fence Cartridges. But you could adapt and use any other punches or cartridges.
All tools and materials are available from Creative Memories. To make this sampler, you’ll need:
Solid Grey 12″ x 12″ Cardstock
Solid Beige 12″ x 12″ Cardstock
Solid Black 12″ x 12″ Cardstock
Bats in the Belfry Paper Pack
Bats in the Belfry Stickers
Bats in the Belfry Embellishments
12-Inch Straight Trimmer
Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
Original Border Maker System with Picket Fence and Midnight Star Cartridges
Garden Vine Punch (Currently on back-order)
Click here to shop for any of these tools and/or materials.
1. Cut beige cardstock into five 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ squares.
2. Cut four pieces of patterned paper into 3-5/8″ x 3-5/8″ squares and adhere to the beige squares.
3. Using the border maker system with the midnight star cartridge, punch a border across the black cardstock. Cut a 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ square from black cardstock keeping the star border as the top of your square. Adhere this piece to your last beige square.
4. Cut beige cardstock into a 3-3/4″ x 11-1/2″ piece. Cut haunted mansion paper to
3-5/8″ x 11-3/8″ and adhere to beige piece.
5. For added dimension, you can run the large round end of a black pen across the edges of your pieces.
6. Using the custom cutting system and the 1-1/2″ circle pattern, cut a circle from the patterned paper using the red blade on the outside edge. Using the same circle pattern, use the green blade on the outside edge to cut a circle from the black cardstock. Adhere the patterned circle on top of the black circle.
7. Adhere all pieces to a sheet of 12″ x 12″ grey cardstock.
8. Using the border maker system and picket fence cartridge, punch fences from the black cardstock and the wood patterned paper. Add using foam squares.
9. Add embellishments and stickers using foam squares on some as shown. Add rhinestone embellishments.
Please continue to the next stops on our Halloween Blog Hop!
Karyn McDermaid-Rolfe (You are here.)